*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:42:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  New Radeon 4.2 Display utility
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Radeon 4.2 Display utility  (Read 1073 times)
a2daj

I'm a llama!

« on: April 02, 2004, 11:00:22 pm »

Some of you may already know about the new Radeon 4.2 Display utility that was released recently.  The main feature is that it enables 3D Overrides for all Retail Radeon cards (no OEM card support).  The reason why I'm posting it here is because you should be able to greatly increase the quality of the textures in Ghost Recon but using the 3D Overrides to enable Anisotropic Filtering.  It's a much better technique than the game's built in Mipmapping.  Turning on 2x or 4x FSAA wouldn't be too bad either, but you may be constrained to 2x due to bandwidth issues at 4x.

So any of you retail Radeon owners might want to give it a try.  

I actually mentioned using the 3D Overrides with my Radeon 9800 Pro about 8 months ago in a differe thread.  I supplied a link to one of my web pages with screenshots of Ghost Recon (among other games) with different screenshots with different visual quality enhancements enabled.  Here's the link again:

http://homepage.mac.com/a2daj/PhotoAlbum14.html

The differences might not be noticeable immediately, but you can download the jpgs to your desktop and use Graphic Converter or preview to switch between the pictures to really notice the difference.  However, nothing would be better than experiencing the enhancements in person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads