*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:18:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  problems with reticule color changing
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: problems with reticule color changing  (Read 1106 times)
Scrach

Microsoft sux

« on: January 15, 2004, 01:16:17 am »

I read a previous forum where it said to change a few things in the options.xml doc but when I start up ghr it resets the color.  I am useing a no disk image... do I have to re-mount it then change the reticule color thanx

From Robin Williams Live on Brodway:
When did you realize that you were creating a monopoly?
Gates:Monopoly is just a game senitor. I am trying to crontrol the whole fucking world.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 11:38:45 am »

It shouldn't have anything to do with the disc image.

errm....well, make sure you saved the file...ok too obvious...hmmm

If you insert a bad/invalid value in there it will reset and use the default value.

Assuming you did all this and its still fucked up....beats me  Huh

Noto
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 11:03:49 pm »

Make sure you do the following:

1)   Only make changes to the 6 lines of code, which all start with <Reticule.  It is probably best to copy and paste what is listed below, as that is what I did to post this originally.
2)   Make sure you save the changes.  Changes should appear after restart of the game.

Here is what you can do.  Go to your Ghost Recon folder, open up Ghost Recon Data, and then drag your options.xml file onto TextEdit.  You might need to open TextEdit first if it is not located inyour dock.  You will most likely find it in your Applications folder.  The file will open up and you will see a whole bunch of crap.  Make sure you do not change other things, as it might make for an interesting gaming experience.  It's very easy to destroy a working copy of a game by simply changing one thing.  Anyway, the regular change that most guys are using is as followed:

<ReticuleColorR>0</ReticuleColorR>
<ReticuleColorG>255</ReticuleColorG>
<ReticuleColorB>0</ReticuleColorB>
<ReticuleIFFColorR>255</ReticuleIFFColorR>
<ReticuleIFFColorG>0</ReticuleIFFColorG>
<ReticuleIFFColorB>0</ReticuleIFFColorB>

As you can see, the first three lines make the reticule color Green due to changing R (red) & B (blue) to ?, and then changing G (green) to 255, which is the maximum.  Your reticule will now be green at all times, unless you are pointing your reticule on a team member.  If you want your reticule to change color when aiming upon your own guy, you can do this, and i would sugest doing so and making the color red.  ReticuleIFF is your friendly fire color.  Change R to 255, and make G & B ?.  This will make your reticule turn red when aiming at your own guys.  As mentioned in an earlier post, you can tweak the colors, but you can't do it during the game, since the options.xml file is used in booting the game.

I know some of the other files in there look tempting, but you might just want to leave it all alone.  I hope this information helped you out.

.::|N| Noto
Scrach

Microsoft sux

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 11:41:41 pm »

thx guys I actually figured it out my self but your feed back is always apreciated.

Thx Grin

Gates:Monopoly is just a game senitor. I am trying to crontrol the whole fucking world.
Scrach

Microsoft sux

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 11:42:44 pm »

thx guys I actually figured it out my self but your feed back is always apreciated.

Thx Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads