*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:05:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan Member Limit?  (Read 13795 times)
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2005, 01:11:58 pm »

ummmm not always phara, i recall asking u guys unfotunately the cqb didnt count which sux but then again when w e do hop onu have to realize that the times between us and most of ghra are by a few hrs. as well as the constant asking of a cb. most of the time i see us cbing is at niht time here in us like around 8-10 pm cst. i guess thats when we are most likely to cb but then again i could be wrong. also I personally dont like the fact of everyone in ur clan asking at the same time, ot that u do it all the time but most times im asked its by multiple ppl and not just one person. and for me as of right now im working on my house remodeling it and will only be on so few hrs any week and would only like to play for fun. but once done with house i would usually agree to cb at around 9 pm cst. thats the best time to ask me for a cb. and mb an Ocasional 5-8 pm cb. as for when there are those 10 ppl on are theyin a game or in a locked room? cause if in a game i dont knw if they are like me but i would say no cause i was having fun in the room. Which is what i reallywouldnt like to leave and then have to wait for everyone to get rdy.
{E} Ive

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2005, 01:15:35 pm »

last season we got bugged for not cbing enough this pre season we had the most cbs phara
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2005, 04:09:22 pm »

Ok, the draft idea, honestly, just wont work.  These clans are formed to much by the fact that "you must get along to be in".  Its nothing personal against people, the members will probly just clash.  (And who is to stop current clan leaders just repicking their cb teams again)  THEN you have the problem of remaking a forum/website for Every freakin season?  no thanks hombre.

Guys, I know this may seem like a good idea, but its not worth the risk of killing the game.  (Which I really think a draft in ghr would do)

My 2 cents.

Dark.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2005, 05:53:54 pm »

Why did you return to the draft 3 pages later?

For the Record:
• There are methods laid out in previous posts to prevent clashes.
• It would be easy to trade/get players from old teams, however you could only pick so many, not the entire lot.
• Websites do not make the clan

I don't see why we let spamming noobs take away from the previous laid out solution that hurts no one:
• Current clans declared fine as they stand.
---> Cannot recruit more until down to new cap.
---> Old clans below the cap are not allowed to exceed the cap once below the cap.
• New clans are subjected to the cap on day one.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2005, 06:14:46 pm »

I don't see why we let spamming noobs take away from the previous laid out solution that hurts no one:
• Current clans declared fine as they stand.
---> Cannot recruit more until down to new cap.
---> Old clans below the cap are not allowed to exceed the cap once below the cap.
• New clans are subjected to the cap on day one.

There should never be a cap regulated by the Battle League - it is not their choice as to how big or small a clan will be.  There are still enough clans to compete - hell there were more clans when :MoD: had 30 members but Mac Gaming in general is in a lul and also GhR is a dying game.

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2005, 06:16:51 pm »

Replace "cap" with "activity limit" and it's within their power and doesn't infringe on the rights of the clan to have as many as they want... just not as many as they want to compete on the DBL.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2005, 07:15:33 pm »

I guess I don't understand now - what would the "activity limit" be? like members who haven't played in cb's for over 2 weeks get removed?

jerkasaur

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2005, 07:25:41 pm »

No No NO shade. Members will never be removed from a clan, and all players at the start of the new system, whatever clan they are in, whatever the size of that clan will be allowed to stay and compete in the DBL. But, if lets say cO has 14 people, and one leaves, they won't be able to recuit any more people. If however, cO has 9 players, and 1 leaves, they will be able to recruit up to 2 more (up to 10 or whatever limit gets decided upon). This encourgaes veteran players to join smaller clans or form new ones instead of just being another member of another large clan's bloated roster.

This also wouldn't prevent people from joining one of the larger clans for fun, but those new people wouldn't be able to participate in the DBL with that clan.
gsr

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2005, 08:44:07 pm »

Last season there were 24 clans registered (?) for GR team competition. Of those, 15 were active.  I don't know how many members those 15 clans had. There is probably a roster, but I don't know where it is.  How many people (in all clans) are active in GR battle league?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how many teams/clans that would be at a given clan size.  How many clans do you want to see? 

I don't see how capping the clan size would produce many more teams.  Let's say, for the sake of arguement, that {E} and [a] were limited to 15 players.  That would produce at most 2 new teams.  Does that really make a difference?

If you want more variety in CB opponents, let's open the BL to PCs (gasp).
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2005, 09:26:20 pm »

See Pg 3/4/5 [some on each] for detail on the Activity Cap.

Basically just limiting the number of active players each clan can have *ON THE DBL*. A waiting time for players moving from inactive to the active group as one goes inactive. Just a deterrent from having big clans, but not limiting the clan itself, just the CBers.

John Lennon
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2005, 11:02:58 pm »

This is overcomplicating a simple matter that was meant to bring about more diversity and more cb's.  Myst, I appreciate your input, but we (at least me) are not looking for a completely new way of doing things, I agree that a change is needed to promote more clans/ more diversity, but not on a degree of that scale.  Myst it might work for RvS these days, but ghr is like we have said, a game that is slowly (and soon: within 6-10 months) going to die away.  RvS and GHR3 (if it ever comes out) will take its place as the new games,  we are just looking for something that will get us more diversity within the next half year to year. 

This option might have worked out had it been initiated early on in the games history, but now, nearing its final days, it just wont work.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
c| King.of.Pop

The Thriller

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2005, 11:33:46 pm »

i think the only thing that should be remembered here is that one of the main reasons clans have 10 or more members is because you cant always get everyone on when needed for cb's.  at least that how its been with the collective.  most of our guys have lives outside of playing video games and so not everyone is always around.  maybe 10 is a good number, maybe more is better as far as a cap is concerned.  we currently have 12 members of which only about 5 or 6 are active. 

so what am i saying??  hell i dont know  :-)  i guess what im saying is i guess it doesnt really concern the collective right now.  but when the season starts it might.  i guess what im saying i think that the cap should obviously only apply to active members.  not the total roster.  the whole reason we have 12 guys is because not all of them can be active all the time.  but i guess if your clan has 20 or 25 guys thats probably a bit excessive.  i mean i would think some of those members would want to start their own clan or division just so they could get some more minutes on the court during cb season

i didnt have the time or patience to read everyones posts so i apologize in advance if i missed anything crucial that nullifies my reply.  just felt like putting my 2 or 3 cents in

King

Grammy award winning killer...
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2005, 02:24:16 am »

Dont care what anyone says this is a witch hunt on the {E} clan...yes a witch hunt i call it because....
no1= you have asked that a cap be put on size of clan.
no2= you have asked me to hand pick my favorite cbers.
no3= by doing no2 you will have created conflict in my clan because some of the guys would think i have favorites, and they would think to themselves "im better than that player why did he pick him"?
no4= by downsizeing my clan your trying to make it so we as a clan, have less fun
no5=your asking me to pick and choose my friends.....not going to happen.
no6=you think for one second that im going to anger anyone by telling him that hes not good enough to cb?...not going to happen.
i believe that that everyone in my clan has a equal chance of playing in a cb,not just my so called "best players", ask yourself, is that really fair to anyone who wants to learn to cb?, even if they are new who really cares? this is about fun and everyone who has a great time im glad they did, not for one second is anyone going to tear the fun out of it by telling me how many players i can have, comon kids, lets be grownup here.i feel real sorry for several of you because it seems to me that its all about winning it all in this great game that at the end of the season  will award a million dollars to the top clan. to think i have over 30 members at 50$ a pop for voice, thats alot of cash,you think that were going to let you dictate how we play after spending cash we work hard for??....not
i take a strong stand on this, if i had to toss up between the 2 choices of playing in the damn battleleague or pissing my good friends off by downsizing or telling them they cant cb cause there not experianced enough dbl will lose that one sorry.....no offence dbl, but i love my guys.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:28:07 am by {E} 357mag » Logged
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2005, 02:52:25 am »

Dont care what anyone says this is a witch hunt on the {E} clan...yes a witch hunt i call it because....
no3= by doing no2 you will have created conflict in my clan because some of the guys would think i have favorites, and they would think to themselves "im better than that player why did he pick him"?
no4= by downsizeing my clan your trying to make it so we as a clan, have less fun
no6=you think for one second that im going to anger anyone by telling him that hes not good enough to cb?...not going to happen.

357 listen to yourself, take a deep breath, re-read the whole topic, and understand

•  True True, BUT we have not said 357 you must hand pick the best {E} guys and dump the rest"
         • All that we have said is that it would be nice if clans would have a lower number of players so that we can cb more clans (have more diverse games)
         • We are saying that clans dont need to dump their members, just pick the ones that actively cb (say 10-12 members)  You have even said that half your members are inactive, so this should be no problem.

• No we havnt, we have asked no one to do anything yet
          • These are just idea's nothing is set in stone, no one has told anyone that they MUST do a thing.
          • Once again you said you only have 10-12 active members

• Everyone has favorites, whether you admit to it or not.
          • There should be no conflict like this that isnt naturally there, maybe you meant
... you will create conflict in my clan...
rather than
... you will have created conflict in my clan...
Because the DBL nor any of us with opinions are making you pick anyone.  If you have picked them then thats your fault for causing conflict.  Don't place blame on anyone here.
          • Once again you only have 10-12 active members so why should it be a problem?

• No one would be asking you to downsize your clan, only to pick the active members
          • Nothing stops you from having fun with guys not in your clan, you guys play in locked rooms so much maybe you just dont know this.

• This sounds like number 3 all over again, read my answers to that.
          • And just to mimic your repetitiveness, you are not being asked to pick favorites, only inactive and active members

• [sarcasm] If you have ever declined someone from joining your clan based on skill, you are doing just that [/sarcasm]
          • You arent saying they arent good enough to cb you are saying that either you want to cb against them: if they ever (heavans forbid) leave {E}
          • Or you might be saying "you arent active enough",  you arent going to let some guy whos been missing for 6 months come back and cb are you?  You are gonna wanna see if they still have it, or either you are gonna say, hey man get better then you can start cbing again.

Meh, I could type more, but I've got other stuff to do.

mag if you dont read any other parts of my post read this:

No one is trying to make {E} split up or cause strife, this is just an idea put forth by one member of the community, and Mauti has said, there is nothing to worry about for another few seasons till DBL 2.0 comes out, so why worry?  We are all just exercising our right to free speach (more or less) and throwin our 2 cents in.  Hope to cb you next season, every single {E} out there better watch out!
[/color]

jerkasaur

« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2005, 03:14:47 am »

Mag, you're forgeting that if my idea goes through (the one that seems to have the most support around here) ALL of your current clan members/friends will be able to cb, whether you have 30 members or 5 all current {E} members would be able to cb at any time. This limit would only affect new, them me repeat for emphasis NEW members to the clan that want to be active in the ladder. It would not affect members joing your clan for fun, but if new members want to join {E} to cb, they will have to look somewhere else. No one else seems to think that this is too unreasonable.
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2005, 03:20:56 am »

Jesus Jerk , i thought that was weaks idea!!
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2005, 03:43:45 am »

Hope to cb you next season, every single {E} out there better watch out!
clapping hands Sniper clapping hands Sniper cant wait dark if it ever starts Wink
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2005, 04:14:19 am »

Yes please kill him for me too Grin

I think this is a dead issue now - the *DBL is not that desperate for teams and there will never be a point where it's down to 3 or 4 clans simply because the mac community has grown immensely.

The fact of the matter is and it's been stated by Mauti a few times is that the *DBL isn't forcing a cap onto clans which is good yet it suggests that they do so - so if clans want to cap of players which I doubt they will then by all means but if a clan wants to remain large than the battle league can't do shit about it - just bitch and moan.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2005, 04:43:28 am »

Nobody is bringing up splitting up {E} except {E} themselves... quit taking it personally, this would effect every clan in the league, not just you guys in {E}. If you read the most recent system you'll see that it has NOTHING to do with ANY clan splitting or choosing favorites. Quit turning this into an issue solely about {E}.

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2005, 04:45:35 am »

been awile shade,drop me a line,you in a clan? if not maybe you should come see me then,lol, all kidding aside, thanks shade.........
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads