*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:58:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan Member Limit?  (Read 13687 times)
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2005, 03:38:08 am »

The offered solution wouldn't split up the clan, just limit the members allowed to CB from an "active" roster. It is up to those members if they stay or if they go.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2005, 03:42:36 am »

I love that solution... but I think 10 would be a good, even number for ghr and maybe 8 for rvs... maybe I'm wrong but don't RvS cbs tend to be smaller than ghr cbs?

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2005, 03:44:44 am »

RvS = 2v2 --> 4v4

Usually on the smaller end of that scale. 8 is a good number for RvS. I would say 6, but it would be stupid to cause problems in clans that are existing already.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2005, 03:45:21 am »

The offered solution wouldn't split up the clan, just limit the members allowed to CB from an "active" roster. It is up to those members if they stay or if they go.

This makes little sense.... the point is t increase activity, not just have guys sit on a clan idle.  {E} has 21 or so memeber, if we limited the guys who could CB in a season {E} would lose lots of activity.

Many times i have seen them doing two CBs simultaneously.

I have what I think is a simple solution:  All future clans formed may not have more than "X" members.  Current clans are grandfathered and may maintain their roster at current levels but may not add.  If they lose a member, that member may not return to that clan or join any other clan that has over "X" member.  

I think it might be the only reasonable way to promote growth of clans.  No?

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2005, 03:47:28 am »

Or it would just make people join existing clans furthering the issue.

John Lennon
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2005, 03:48:46 am »

Wow mysty your a real dickhead arent you, if ya want to keep it going ill keep it going too. As for the rest  of the guys, we arent talking about a 24 person game here,  if we have 15 active cbing members all that means is its going to be that much easier for the cb's to happen , not that we are going to play 15 person cb's, thers none else that could do that anyway. sometimes its pretty hard to get a 4v4 cb going. and this is with teams that also have a good number of players. I think instead of putting so much tim into clan size limits , i think it was said before, maybe we need to encourage more of the newer players to start up clans of their own. Something that isnt so easy to do mind you, but worth a try
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2005, 03:53:48 am »

i like weaks idea , and so what if they join existing clans as long as they dont go over the limit. which takes me way back to a post i made...lose players through attrition ,

and dont tell me my spelling is wrong again.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2005, 03:53:55 am »

good point rob, i have also been working that end.

In ten minutes me and primary helped Sparkz begin a clan and he now has a handful of members and pcb'ed today.

Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2005, 04:04:21 am »

with smaller clns= les repetitive. but then again if u have only a certain amount of ppl in bl then u will still be playing the same ppl over and over again...true or am i wrong... Sniper
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2005, 04:10:51 am »

i like weaks idea , and so what if they join existing clans as long as they dont go over the limit. which takes me way back to a post i made...lose players through attrition

Yes, lets throw one word and no explain it, however this may work.

Player activity/cap to the new clans, old clans can recruit until they are below the said limit. Potential is there for this system.

John Lennon
jerkasaur

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2005, 05:47:55 am »

Damn right potential is there for my system. Stop trying to take credit for my ideas weak/rob =)
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2005, 06:34:22 am »

lol Oh jerk your so funny some times,,, Sorry i missed it if you put it up , i saw it when weak posted it.
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2005, 07:02:24 am »

Think about what you all are saying, you keep saying you dont want to cb the same clan over and over.....well your not, you will be playing DIFFERANT guys each time with DIFFERANT tactics, the only thing that  is the same is the TAG. We each have differant tactics how is that boring?, not one {E} player has the same tactics, we all move differant, we dont have a game plan that we stick by and everyone doesnt play the same, so the only thing you can say is maybe you may be jealous? maybe some are pissed cause i have so many?, i think this is what it boils down too! Stop and think, before i even signed us all up to battleleague we were a "collective clan", "not cbing at all" people didnt join this clan to cb, they joined us to have fun.....hell maybe i should pull the entire clan out of this season and go back to being a "collective clan"? hmmmm....this topic should be locked before i get pissed about it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 07:09:13 am by {E} 357mag » Logged
Hunter

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2005, 07:18:24 am »

lol
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2005, 07:25:08 am »

mag you have to remember the 6 cb limit, we could cb 6 different groups of E's or either 36 total groups of divided {E}'s (Not saying you guys must split, just making a point)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2005, 08:44:26 am »

mag, tell that bitch to be cool.....

we just want more clans.  i cant imagine anyone breaking you guys up.  i also cant think anyone is jealous.  they are on the {E} but no one actually thinks they belong to you.  it's cool brotha'.

Hell, I'll toot my own horn... I like my idea.... let current clans compete as they are, but they may not add.  Any subsequent clan that hasnt registered must be capped at "X"

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2005, 09:01:30 am »

so the only thing you can say is maybe you may be jealous? maybe some are pissed cause i have so many?
this ISN'T A "LET'S SPLIT {E} UP, THREAD"... you keep turning it into that... this has NOTHING to do with {E}.

weak... I love the idea, what I like most about it, is it could be added as early as... this next season 11?

I'de imagine it'd work great... no real flaws, very simple, and it'd be easy to add to a new season.

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
jerkasaur

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2005, 09:04:20 am »

Mag and the rest of {E}, this thread isn't about breaking you up and I wish you guys wouldn't take it quite so personally. Setting a cap for new clan members does nothing to hurt you guys playing for fun and doesn't prevent new members joining just for fun but not to cb. But, what this proposed new system does do is encourge both new players and vets to form new clans instead of joining a large already existing clan. While new players are few and far between, mixing it up with new players having the opportunity to play with vets instead of just other newbies is something that we should strive for. I don't know how you can be against this issue unless you for some reason want {E} to glow larger then it already is. I don't know about you, but I (and I think most of this community agrees) have significantly more fun competeing against 15 smaller clans then 3 fat bloated ones.

Weak, omg will you stop stealing my shit. For fucks sake.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2005, 10:13:30 am »

omg, go to sleep.... when tf did you get that idea?  damn white man taking all the mexicans good shit.   We need more love

Phara

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2005, 01:00:18 pm »

sometimes i see E with about 10 guys on (all who i have seen cbing before). and when you go to ask for a cb its a no.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads