*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:37:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Close Combat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Close Combat  (Read 13571 times)
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2005, 12:55:27 am »

Managed to get playing today and it runs great and looks good. It looks better than RvS but I would say it doesn't look as good as AA but its almost there.

Haven't played any team games yet but I did play some coop and I though it was very impressive and the gameplay was faster and much more enjoyable than the single player offline. Also there didn't seem to be any lagg and playing through the actual missions was great rather than playing terrorist hunt in RvS or GhR.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2005, 01:35:17 am »

I don't see what people find so impressive about AA graphics. I am gonna buy this game soon. Out of curiosity, who with min specs has tried the game?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2005, 02:07:22 am »

Bloodanguts ran it on a 800mhz imac....the min specs are 867...it runs smooth as glass on my 1.25 emac, with minor corner bugs.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2005, 02:52:58 am »

Graphics levels....

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
cO.twist

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2005, 06:35:16 am »

Just got the game today, and i LOVE it!  I haven't even tried the single player though..went straight to the multiplayer..(up to 8 ppl).  Basically how all of the servers are set up are: each TEAM has 10 respawns..and its basically deathmatch...its the only option w/ 8 ppl, co-op has a max of 4 ppl. 

I have a 1.8g single g5 w/ a gig of ram and an ATI x800 xt....and i dont have any performance problems  Grin Grin

I only hope that gameranger gets support for this game...its a ton of fun.

EDIT: hey..has anyone figured out how to change the mouse sensitivity yet?  The only way i figured out how to make it slower is to make my system mouse prefs alot slower...is there an in-game option?
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2005, 09:33:31 am »

Nope..no ingame option..which is rather silly...and a pain..also you cannot lean and move at the same time, which makes leaning pointless, if you have to move your whole body to get a better angle before leaning again...exposed.
SOme button issues..(button mapping) crouch bound to mouse key will not retain behavior...if i proned the crouch would work next time around, then stop working again..and this was not a toggle behavior, just quit working...had to restart several times to remap keys....ugh...

PLayed for an hour on a clients workstation today over lunch..and its cool, I expect to play plenty for a change of pace...and..Im hoping that the lower system req's will bring more people out. Also in that short time, i figured that you cant change to be any other member as in RVS, not cover guy, or saw gunner, and if you get killed, start over...

Sounds are good, and gun may prevent run and gun, but we'll see...Sounds and gun behavior are more similar to GHR than rvs tho..and sounded somewhat wimpy...but ambient sounds were awesome..great atmosphere...oh yeah ..and the ak 47 unrealistically kicks about ten times the amount as an m16, and thats ridiculous...The tangos are crack shots with em although...i couldnt hit my own teammates with the damn thing.  Smiley

Shows me that i dont wanna clear streets in beirut...no thx.
It makes a passing grade, although im still in favor of RVS due to all the extra options...
Very fun to play however...
My buddy said he didnt find hardly anyone online yet, but im sure more will come in the weeks to come.

Killing you soon-hopefully..

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2005, 12:45:07 pm »

i tried it fo a few hours in SP tonight and i gotta say that i love it. great game, great engine (which one does it use again?). it's like GhR and RvS got a child with a few more genes from the GhR daddy... long story short, it's just my taste! Smiley

since you can only play online MP with an original serial (cause of online server serial check... clever clever devs, i hate you! Roll Eyes) i decided to order it at my local mac game importer. can't wait for it to get here! Cheesy

edit: just got a status email that it'll probably get here from america on wednesday next week already.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 01:29:20 pm by z][t-Civic™ » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2005, 01:12:22 pm »

Sounds most like RS. There is no brand engine. As far as I know they made it. The port was not even a port, but a simultaneous work... and the PC one seems to be the one slipping behind.

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2005, 01:30:41 pm »

One of my mates is already addicted - turned up to the shoot late after sleeping in.. why? ... because he stayed up all night playing First to Fight!!

the leaning thing is annoying, and the gun balance seems a little... well unbalanced. Environmental audio is fantastic - sure as hell takes a lot of practice (and careful key-binding) to get your team moving effectively and

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »

First impressions seem to be quite good. However I wonder why Inside Mac Games or MacGamer haven't posted a review about it already!? Do they get orders from MacSoft not to post a review that might be bad!? However I really hope that this game gets GameRanger support soon as well as finally Battlefield 1942.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2005, 10:34:40 am »

thoughts:

• nice graphics but great sounds - not so much the guns, but the "Atmos" sound is fantastic Smiley
• Annoyances with leaning - if your reloading you are stuck leaning while you reload, you can't move while you are leaning .. and thats just annoying!
• would have been nice to be able to switch team roles - ie be the SAW gunner Smiley (although you can if your SAW gunner goes down, just pick up his gun!!) and whats with the unrealistic recoil??
• Graphics arn't blow away stunning, but in terms of performance you can tell this isn't just a Port! Cheesy
• SP missions felt rather easy and straightforward - there really isn't much mission wise that is very tricky.

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2005, 04:50:44 pm »

Shiex...not being able to lean and run is "realistic". Most games you cant do it. So Get use to it.  Grin

As far as the gameplay...I played a little last night and saw some of my mac brothers like Assgoblin and another, may brutha, not really sure. That was fun. Im still up in the air about the game. I dont like the reloading of weapons. I always get stuck on lean and I would like to be able to reload on my own terms. When the gun is empty and you continue to fire the weapon will auto reload and you get stuck...BAH. I am also having problem running with everythin on high like full shadows and realistic Relm and reflections which is sort of strange since I have a higher end PC with a decent card. Hopefully there needs to be some optimizations made and a patch will come soon.

Other then that it was fun and I will be playing tonight. I think i will start a dedicated server on linux box and will post the IP later.

voo

**Update: Ok I  guess i wont be hosting a dedicated server as there is no such animal....eep**
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 05:07:41 pm by .vooDoo. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2005, 05:59:16 pm »

I maxed all settings out - no noticeable difference in performance
(specs DP 1Ghz G4 1Gig Ram Radeon 9800pro )

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2005, 07:57:38 pm »

What unrealistic recoil are you talking about? The M16A4 shoots .223rem, it hardly kicks at all.

Thank god there's no leanwalking, that's the thing I hate most in RVS.

I hate games where I have to think. I've been playing on the hardest difficulty, and it's definently challenging, it's just straight forward, not a lot of searching for the way to go, which is what makes it fun.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2005, 09:00:49 pm »

For some odd reason, the coop online is pretty damn fun. I usually hate coop games but this game makes it fun. Being able to call in airstrikes and sniper teams when the tangos get thick is fun to watch.

As far as Adv games go, I just wish someone would host with NO respawns, respawns on those lil ass maps are kinda pointless.
cO.twist

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2005, 09:07:34 pm »

I tried hosting some games w/o spawns...the options for spawns are something like: Team: 10, Team: 5, Individual: 5, Indvidual: 2, and Individual: 1.  There is no option for no respawns (which is gay).  I tried hosting a room w/ the least amt of spawns (individual 1) with 7 rounds per map.  No one joined though...
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2005, 11:20:00 pm »

I maxed all settings out - no noticeable difference in performance
(specs DP 1Ghz G4 1Gig Ram Radeon 9800pro )

SP 2.2ghz PC with 1gig ram, 9600pro w/128vram....I dont understand how you can run at full graphics and not notice a performance drop.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2005, 11:48:35 pm »

1.5GHZ, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon 9700.

I haven't even tried lowering my settings. I'm running 1152x768 with my graphics maxed out ( including shadows ), and I'm yet to see my framerates drop at all, in any situation.

It pays to have a Mac, voods, darling. Wink

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2005, 03:28:10 am »

Well I've noticed over time that there are some do that lean-small-strafe thing an awful lot when they're hiding in the boxroom of Streets...funny, ive found some players there everytime ive ever played them on that map...every time for the last year and a half, and sometimes they are hiding behind those boxes leaned out, and moving back and forth while leaned...and sometimes they do it in other corners, but ive noticed it in this spot alot.
And no, i'm not saying Theyre leaned the whole time, but that for sure is how they stay in the dark behind the boxes without exposing their entire body while moving in and out of cover....

Yes, yes, im anticipating how they might reply that im full of shit, followed by some insults, and I really dont give a shit..im merely pointing out a style point that ive for SURE seen some people do it consistently the entire time ive played them in a variety of situations..Also, pointing this fact out shouldnt warrant the flame thats surely coming, becuase im not knocking it, im just observing it, and how its used...frequently.

I dont mean walking around the whole time leaned, i mean leaning and strafing in super small incremements..EVERY SINGLE game i own has this capacity..>RVS, AS, GHR, FragOPs, Red Orchestra, and COD, Spearhead demo...ALL of em...and the only reason its useful is to be able to take a step out if you have leaned a foot or two too early at a corner and cover without having to move your entire body out into the open to take another shot.

Yes, i know everyone claims to hate leanwalking, totally unsure why, but everyone, yes EVERYONE utilizes the lean every now and then, and to have to do it in two steps in this game just is retarded.

And ok, on the recoil, perhaps Im wrong,...been a while since ive fired either, but i seem to remember the AK being extremely heavy,and certainly did not kick 10 times harder than the m16 i fired as it does in this game (on full auto they all do to a degree of course, im mainly referring to singles)...perhaps ive been influenced by the comparison in RVS, which ill grant may be misleading...

Im just talking about things IVe noticedd about this game in comparison to others Ive played.
Forums being a place to post opinions; those are mine.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2005, 10:49:33 pm »

OMGWTFROFLBBQ YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT SHEIX!!!1!!!111!!!!

the recoil does seem kind of low, definatly not even close to the recoil of the aug in rvs.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads