*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:50:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MAke a mod that has RS players in it.  (Read 6926 times)
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2003, 08:06:06 pm »

Ross 1 do you have a pc?
2 do you have 3d Studio max its like a $3000 program.

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Ross Koepke
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2003, 03:19:01 am »

I have three PC's, and have access to 3D Studio VIZ at my high school. I can get an educational version for home too. On my two Macs I have Cinema 4D 8 and Maya 4 PLE.
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2003, 05:19:02 am »

Well you have to use 3ds max  to edit the in game pictures for everything and you cant use anything else for some reason.

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
bronto
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2003, 09:47:59 pm »

i think ross knows his shit casper
Ross Koepke
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2003, 10:32:34 pm »

Actually for RS:UO the ingame pics are .rsb format which you can easily get a macintosh converter for to convert them into PICTS and PICTS into .rsb. however 3ds Max edits the .qob files which are the 3d models. the reason you can only do it in 3d studio is because the .qob converter plug-in is only availible for it. however  once I convert the .qob's into .3ds format I can then take them home and edit them in anything I want. I jsut have to bring them back to school later to convert them back into .qob's because I dont have 3D studio at home. Embarrassed
Snipe...not logged in
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2003, 03:59:49 pm »

Actually I was able to edit every in game picture. As ross said, most of them are rsb's, which are easily converted to simpletext files, which are easily converted to be opened in photoshop, which can be altered, changed back to simpletext, and back again to rsb's. Most of the text files can be opened in simpletext, without translation.
Only the 3D models need some special program.
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2003, 09:02:16 pm »

Sorry about persistient i just wasnt sure that but  3D Studio VIZ  was part of 3ds max and that at first you knew what you needed Smiley

Ross Koepke
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2003, 10:03:25 pm »

no prob casper, I would have done the same thing Wink. My post was a little standoffish but I wanted to let people know that I do know what I'm doing in the 3D department, and that this is really going to happen. I still need some help though, especially in the uniform dept. If anyone has extensive experiance with uniforms or at least thoroughly understands them please, please, please contact me,
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2003, 06:20:48 am »

well im pretty good at all the stuff but 3d modeling... I think i understand the unis it would take me a bit to remeber it all but i think i have made a uni before

l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2003, 11:36:12 am »

I am very busy at the moment, but I will be available to give some Photoshop-tips.

Later,
Dutchman / Virus

One day I fly away
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2003, 10:08:56 pm »

Heh, I think I'll revive this thread again. Just wanted to show off some of my work:

http://nads.home.attbi.com/captRS.jpg

http://nads.home.attbi.com/captinrs.gif

That's what I managed in a morning worth of work... now I know what I'm doing I figure it'll take much less time to do a charachter.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2003, 07:38:48 am »

Nice job capt

Ross Kepster
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2003, 01:10:13 am »

The first post in this series was June 07, 2002, 11:41:00. That's 9 months and one week from today. I am proud to announce that we have been able to create every aspect of this mod. Once snipe, anarchy, and I can get together and do some plans for finishing this, we will provide final instructions for everyone who wants to be in this mod. This list is preliminary and very subject to change, but right now this is what we will probably request from anyone who wants to be in the mod.

1) Three (3) photos of your face, the camera should be in a position looking directly at your face, straight ahead.

2) Three (3) photos of the side of your face (either side).
    Optional: If you have something like a tattoo or noticeable scar that you want to only be on one side of your face, you will need to send in three (3) photos of the other side of your face as well.

3) A biography on yourself.

4) An upper torso shot (this can be artistic, its for the bio screen in SP). Have fun with this photo and be creative.

WE WILL NOT MAKE FULL UNIFORMS FOR YOU. WE WILL ONLY MAKE YOUR FACE ON A CAMO UNIS.
However, if you have a full body uniform that you want to be included in the mod, you can send the data files to us, and we will be happy to put this into the mod.
Ross Kepster
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2003, 04:25:43 am »

Also, clans can submit unis. You probably wouldn't want to have a clan face, but rather a whole uniform. Anyhow the way this would work was the uni would be named something like "DAMN Clan, Season 3, 2003". More updates coming soon. Expect one tommorow with detailed intructions, due dates, and illustrations for what's what.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads