*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:42:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MAke a mod that has RS players in it.  (Read 6928 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2002, 03:18:26 am »

Let myst in the mod...

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2002, 12:27:38 am »

If we come threw with the mod let me be in it! Make like all the RS players in it. That would be cool, Make unises For the people like in thre clan have there patch picture and letter on their suite.

Retired Mac RS Player.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2002, 03:05:11 am »

Well, back in the day when everyone was talking about this mod, it seemed like a cool idea...

but it was forgotten. Is anyone gonna actually do anything with this? or is it another case of "yah that'd be cool but someone else can do it"  

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2002, 05:12:44 am »

It is way to big! but i was thinking about making a person for each clan mb.

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2002, 01:58:20 am »

How bout just a agent like

*DAMN Agent
AgT Agent

and stuff like that and there armpatch is ther icon and there DoB is when the clan started and stuff like that

-SK

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2002, 02:10:06 am »

Thats what i was thinking of. im not sure if people would like it and Which clans would i choose? one other thing what faces would i use i could use 1 person like Chavez.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 02:14:05 am by Casper » Logged

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2002, 10:38:49 pm »

Use Bogart. Chavez looks funny.  Grin

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
p u n
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2002, 11:58:45 pm »

i know how to make modifications and i will volunter if u need help creating it.
Geek USA
Special Forces

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2002, 03:36:41 am »

if you make a mod, put me in it... ive been playing r6 and rs for like 2+ years...

geek
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2002, 05:29:45 am »

Geek there are two available kos spots. I just need all of the info that is asked for in the first post at: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2482

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2002, 05:53:58 am »

Snipe This Spot shit is Stupid people are not going to like If There not in it so instead of having a Certain person use the clan. plus look at the poll olny 3 people voted for 1 person and 8 for a clan and 6 for a clan and some old but realy good people ex. Grifter(Best idea). But I know There is now way in hell i would play this mod that much because Im not a part of it... But whatever...

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2002, 06:22:35 am »

Casper, i'm sorry, but not everyone can be in the mod. Why would you want to play as yourself anyway? You do that all the time. I've decided to go with individuals from each old clan, plus a few extra individuals. No one's forcing you to play the mod.

*NADS Foxy

Semper Fidelis

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2003, 12:04:47 am »

I like the part about just one character representing a clan, sort of like someone else said, a (unt char., an AgT char., FrEaK or aHa! character  Wink.
Also there could be a list of R6/RS legends or pros.
 Roll Eyes

No Hump=No Own

"A Marine is a rain cooled, foot powered, spam fed, semi-automatic fighting machine, never known to have a stoppage."
Ross Koepke
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2003, 11:01:06 pm »

Yo i've been looking for a project lately. I'm pretty good at 3D modeling so I can handle that part and I already know where all the strings (text) is stored for chracahter info and such. hardest part will be modeling and texturing. We can prolly make these into unis too for adv. Like we could have a generic ?FiRE uni and a generic *DAMN uni for cb's and such. Anyone know what the size limits are on this? Can we have a bunch of midgets running around with huge guns on, we could make midget levels too. WE COULD MAKE EVERYTHING MIDGET! w8 no, then it would all be normal. Sad
Ross Koepke
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2003, 11:08:32 pm »

Dude guys I think we -CAN- get everyone in it who wants to be. No joke. If you give me a couple months I can get in contact with some students/faculty at the University of Michigan Engineering school who know all about this stuff. Together we can put together a script so that if anyone sends in pics of people they want in it it'll take two seconds after we get the basic models done. Basic models could be "Muscles Man" "Woman with big boobs" "Woman with big ass" "Midget" "Hunched over kid who plays way too much computer games whos neck sticks out oo much" etc. then the texture can just be applied to the specified model and boom. This can happen guys!! If anyone didn't get it, im volunteering. I want this to happen.
Ross Koepke
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2003, 11:17:57 pm »

I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS!! How can anyone say this is 'too big'? lets see, if things go slowly at first, in 3 weeks we should have a test ready. if we can actually get a new model in then the max it could take is one more month with good teamwork, planning, and schedualing (strict deadlines and such). This could definatley work.
bronto
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2003, 11:31:25 pm »

It's an awesome idea, and it should be done. I actually started making a *NADS mod and i had all of the characters done for us, just no custom models, and i handed it all over to capt, so ask him for the stuff if you make the mod. The only problem would be the changing of clans and the people in them, so it would have to be made to resemble the clans of a specific time (ex: *DAMN 2003 Rogue Spear Battle League)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2003, 04:20:07 am »

Ross
This topic was a big hit months ago, but you randomly brought it back. Anyway, the reason I'm replying is that I was developing the mod for weeks, and I still have it. It isn't very professional, but it has a lot of the basics.
It has a lot of biographical information, stats, medical info, a picture of the person here and there, names, and character builds. Example: Oso is 2 feet tall, Infection is 8 feet tall.
I also made a main menu design, and a multiplayer loading screen design (the one that's a picture of canals of venice in urban ops).
I think that if you really wanted to, I could send you the mod. I did, however, have a little trouble working it in multiplayer, but it worked fine in singleplayer. You sound like you could make it professional, very nicely done, very detailed. I think that would be awesome.

Now for the fine print: I would like to keep the main menu picture, the biographical data, the stats, and most of the stuff already done as it is. However, if you did what you say you will, you can alter the main menu picture to have your name there as well, take your share of credit, yada yada, and then do what you will.
So, what do you think? Do you want to use my mod as a baseline, and build from there? Or just start from scratch.

Ross Koepke
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2003, 06:08:55 am »

I'll use ur mod as a baseline for it so far, and if I for some reason need to rape and horribly mutlilate (or just change an itty-bitty detail on that one little itty bitty spot right there->) I'll check with you. I do want to make this look professional and be as unbuggy as possible. I have an FTP server you can up it to, or if you have some other way just email me about it, I dont know how big your mod is so far.  To bronto: yeah we probably will need to make a new vers. every BL Season or at least once a year. and we'll have to work out sizes cuz we cant have some people be 1 ft. tall and others be 8 ft tall. its just not fair. (and you know bigger is not better). Thanks a lot SNiPE for working on it so far, itll be a big boost. I also might need to contact you about problems I run into and such, but I'm pretty good at porting to MP so that things work one-sided. Having a real 2-sided mod like this will let me do so much more.
Ross Koepke
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2003, 06:21:14 am »

hmm yeah SNiPE I didn't notice the dates, it was just the top one on the list for some reason. Looks like this got started about 6 or 7 months ago. Hmm, with the pioneering you and others have done on making new charachters we can most likely get this done in just 1 or mb 2 months max from now. I don't usually give up on projects like this once I start working hard on it.  It'd be great to put in my r?sume portfolio for college and work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads