*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:11:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!)
| | |-+  *DAMN Mod Section (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, Toby, Casper, BFG)
| | | |-+  game-ranger error
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: game-ranger error  (Read 5855 times)
MovingUnit:SOG

Special Operations Group

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2003, 01:48:44 am »

this all should he handled more easy

the fun is out in some way

it is just like you spend a 5 year old kid a pc or a mac and maya and then you say "do it" to the kid

Huh?

I didn't think installing GhR was so complicated.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

-MU [aka trox]
SOG Teamleader - Alpha Unit Leader
http://trox.junglescene.com
--------"We aren't here to start a war."--------
recon
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 09:12:36 am »

you cant read the whole posting ?
or understand the whole meaning of ?

ok, then i dont understand why you trace out something of that posting and mix it up for your conclusion which have nothing to do what im mentioning and what i write down there anyways  Grin
recon
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 09:15:35 am »

Its sad to hear it mate... Sad

But it seems to me that only the guys who copied a Ghost Recon version are having those problems.

I heard a lot of problems from other guys aswell...

Mb just buy the original version and when registred you can start complaining to Aspyr if it doesn't work.

th.Sent

again, all is working fine after the 5th install of ghost recon

the other things what im pointing on is in the posting

i can play there since your generously help with posting the links of the updates etc.

thank you  Grin
Noto
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 01:57:37 am »

Wow.  Where to start... Well, here I go!

To Mr. Recon (Guest),

if i try to connect to game-ranger since the last gr-update for mac i get this message at every join:

NON-STANDARD MODIFICATIONS
Non-standard modifications were detected in your install of ghost recon. Please re-install it

Scott Kevill of GameRanger has developed a plug-in for Ghost Recon that detects any modifications to the original game data.  Since items such as Full Screen Night Vision are considered cheats, the GameRanger Servers will not let you join all of those games.  If you feel that you have not modified any of the original game files, you probably received an improper copy from a friend.  The original disc, updated to 1.0.3, will get you into any of the games that are open in GameRanger, provided that the host of a game does not have specific mods activated other than mp1.

Furthermore, the new "anti-cheat plug-in" was developed because of people like you.  Thanks for giving Scott Kevill more work to do.  I'm sure he appreciates it.

if i join now a server with a "damnmappack" or a "newdamnmappack" i cant join (unnessesarily to say that people dont write down the link or the exact name which of the mappacks from here they use, and i cannot see here which downloads are new)

*Damn Map Pack 1, also known as *DBL MP1, or newmappack, is a NEW mod.  It is a mod, just like Island Thunder, Frostbite, Navy Seals, etc.  It must be placed in your mod folder in your Ghost Recon Data folder.  The installed for the *DAMN Map Pack 1 mod is a Vise Installer that will install the mod for you.  Remember, you do not need to activate mods to play them.  If you are simply joining a game, you only need to have the mod placed in your mod folder.  If you are hosting a public room, or are playing in single player mode, you will have to activate the mods under the Options tab inyour Main Menu in your legal copy of Ghost Recon.  If you need this mod, you can download it from these two locations:

?   The Core Clan
?   File Planet

if use mods from here and it is not on the server, i cannot join etc etc

The things that prevent you from joining a room:

?   Modifying original game files.
?   Not having the proper, authorized mods in your mod folder.
?   The host has blocked you.

and this is all since gameranger make this update and ghost recon is updated to 1.03

You have to have version 1.0.3 to join Ghost Recon games in GameRanger.

this all is a bit boring

You seem to have posted a thread in which all of the information you are looking for has already been posted over the past year on this very forum.

im not shure that im willing to take care a few days for some modifications to play with others

A few days?  If you were to take Ghost Recon fresh out of the box, you could be playing online in a GameRanger room within 20 minutes, and that's with updates.  Whatever you are doing is evidently not working, but since everyone else seems to be able to play, it must be you.

this all should he handled more easy

What's difficult about this?  When you buy a game, it is usually working piece of software.  All of the updates for the game are given by Aspyr Media.  You can also find a quick guide to updating your original copy of Ghost Recon here.  GameRanger updates itself, so you shouldn't have any problems there either.

the fun is out in some way

The fun is in the game.  But your idea of fun seems to be modifiying games files to gain an advantage.  If you feel that your "fun" is being diminished because you cannot seem to figure out how to get your illegal copy working, or to get your non-standard modifications working, then buy a PC and join the rest of the Video Game Cheaters.  Side note:  Beware of Punkbuster.

it is just like you spend a 5 year old kid a pc or a mac and maya and then you say "do it" to the kid

Considering there are a handful of "kids" out there who are 10 and 11, and they seemed to have been able to figure this stuff out, I think you're on your own in that argument.  Personally, I do not feel that anyone under the age of 13 should be playing this game.  That's only because of the content.  

its far more better then hanging around for a week for modifications which dont let me join wtf ever server there on gameranger

What have you actually been hanging around for?  From what I understand, you contacted GameRanger to find out how to get your illegal copy of Ghost Recon to work.  That's not too bright.

yet i can join at least 5 servers from 20, and that sucks  Wink

Again, if you are using a legal copy, and one that is properly updated, you should be able to join all games, provided that you have installed any mods into your mod folder that the host might have activated.

so, thank you for your kind help here in general, i like that and software and gamemakers and also the doodes from gameranger should learn from DAMN R6  Wink

If it wasn't for the "doodes" at GameRanger, you wouldn't have a place to place anyway.  Besides, the "doodes" at GameRanger (Scott Kevill) is only trying to service this virtual community by helping to stop cheaters and such.  You should thank him.

In closing, try thinking a little bit before you post.  Everything you have said falls under two categories: Misinformed & Immature.

I hope the info I have given you helps you to play online in GameRanger.

.::|N| Noto
recon
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 11:55:57 am »

uh, oh

i play gameranger as well as it is there

since i dont alter with the full nightview the basic program i can play what i wanna play

so, at first as an answer to you:

you are too late with your posting and answer, its too old, things have moved faster in a for me "comfortbale direction with all the nice help of Damn R6" people here  Grin

also, i havent read your answer, too much bad typography and too tiny  Grin

but i hope you have had fun with your answer anyways  Wink

hehehehe
MovingUnit:SOG

Special Operations Group

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2003, 07:40:55 pm »

you gotta be kidding me

bad typography?

maybe you should read your posts before commenting on "bad typography"

LOFL
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 07:42:41 pm by MovingUnit::SOG » Logged

-MU [aka trox]
SOG Teamleader - Alpha Unit Leader
http://trox.junglescene.com
--------"We aren't here to start a war."--------
Noto
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 10:13:28 pm »

Recon (Guest),

I will simply reply to your post.  Try reading it for a change.  You might realize that the problem might be you.

also, i havent read your answer, too much bad typography and too tiny  Grin

I do not think you know what the definition of the word typography is.  Typography has to do with style and print quality.  You seem to elude that my grammar is poor or misguided.  That is absolutely false.  As for your comment about my reply being ?too tiny?, it?s the same font and size you?re using.  I even bolded your quotes so that they would be easier to read for others.  Since you seem to have trouble reading, or just plain seeing, I have increased the size just for you.

if i try to connect to game-ranger since the last gr-update for mac i get this message at every join:

NON-STANDARD MODIFICATIONS
Non-standard modifications were detected in your install of ghost recon. Please re-install it

Hmm? You know, it gives you this message because you have modified game files.  Have I said this before?  I think I have.  Read on?

This is probably my most favorite quote of the entire thread!

since i dont alter with the full nightview the basic program i can play what i wanna play

You don?t alter the program?  I call bullshit on you.  Just face the fact that you cheat.  Don?t cover it up, just ante up.   Tongue

holy shit, i installed fullnightscreen and i cant join any game again

Bingo!  There you go.  You have modified original game files, which are not allowed if you intend to play on GameRanger.  Also, Full Screen Night Vision is not something you ?install?.  It is something you either add, or take away.  Therefore, it is a modifiation.

thats bad, gameranger dont allow any "lill help" ?  Roll Eyes

"lill help" = CHEATING

In closing, the problems that you are having, whether it is installing your pirated game or not being able to read clearly written Standard English, are simply your problems.  By the way, care to give out your GameRanger account number?  I can look you up sometime and we can play a few rounds.  I?ll even let you use FSNV. Wink  

.::|N| Noto
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2003, 01:52:17 am »

ROFL!!!!

"oh no, here's come's the death."
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2003, 02:57:20 am »

OMG !!!!! Grin

recon
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2003, 12:19:34 pm »

uhmm, some of you look a bit fixed in some anal-phase here, huh ?

but it isnt that important for me

some postings looks like some of you wear rubber-gloves instead of girlz

recon
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2003, 12:21:33 pm »

uhmm, some of you look a bit fixed in some anal-phase here, huh ?

but it isnt that important for me

some postings looks like some of you wear rubber-gloves instead of beeing able to touch girlz the right way

you should try to chill a few rounds with tetris before your next posting here *hehehehehe*
recon
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2003, 04:31:06 pm »

somebody say something and somebody gives apllause here cuz i talk about technical problems and gameranger

eat this, whining homos, i cant see any difference:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=5087

is there any pc-gamer which is forced to pay something for "all-seeing-eye"

you have two choices:

kiss my or have fun with a theme which is a GAME  Grin
recon
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2003, 11:35:24 am »

fact is, id dint know that the fullscreen-nightview is a hack

thats all what i have used cuz it was on website for downloading, it was descripted there for the demo which i played long

im a bit a noob in ghost recon

i dont play it every day, but i like snipering in that game as a stressrelief, i love also the Israel-weapon mod and the navy seal weapon mod, there are really great weapons in

slowly i have downloaded all what i can grab here, i think a few maps and a few mods are here which i dont look at

i love the creativity from the people which creates lots of stuff for ghr, i dont like all work what is done for ghost recon, but hell, everybody has a different taste

now, after a few reinstalls, testing mods, game-crash here and there i can see the "light at the horizon" and i become more familiar with the game

yeah, i love to play it, and i hate it when i have to reinstall, moving mods in, moving mods out, copy here, copy there and so on

thats why i get sometimes a bit angry about something, that is human

and i must say thank you again to them which "ANSWERS ME CLEARLY" without interpretation or whatever thoughts which i was PELASED for

and the others or mockers will be ignored upon now, i have better things to do as listening at socalled "gamer-dicks" or answering them

thanks again to them, which where able to help me clearly without personal interpretation, i makes me able to play a great game and feel the pleasure of it
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2003, 06:17:14 am »

this is no longer any where close to on topic so....
plus i let it go on way to long

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads