*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:35:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon Clan Battle Rules.  (Read 3634 times)
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2003, 04:12:04 pm »

Well on a map like wilderness its very hard to see the enemy, especialy with the damn ghillie. I don't think one team should be allowed as "blue" because of the superior camos.

10mins with 5 respawns is pretty fair.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2003, 05:56:49 pm »

I think it will be good to have one standard cb game. I could see multiple gaming styles as a source of controversy. Mauti, I have noticed that the standard GhR game is without threat indicator, wich is my main request, that there be no threat indicator.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2003, 06:50:40 pm »

Well the BL admins and I came up with the decision to have only one game mode because it raises to much controversy as Cossack stated. We will go with no respawns and threat indicator on contrary to previous posts I made.

The BL rules will be released tonight. Read them for more details.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
<FBI>"Sixhits"
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2003, 12:40:26 am »

My 2 cents-

I like the idea of the stronger hosts out there, such as Dragonfly, or any of the {OG} guys, etc, etc, setting up CB servers. I have no issue with using third party hosts - indeed, I think it'll be one of the keys to GhR BL's success. I want to be on the best host, not my own team's host, for example. Esp since GhR's servering seems to not favor the host.

We haven't addressed this really. Additionally, thus the host may need to be an observer. This doesn't worry me either. In any event, I often have trouble finding a good host, and leting our best hosts serve seems to be a great why of ganunteeing quality games and places to play.

sixhits
[V] Dutchman
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2003, 03:33:03 pm »

Hey all,

I can't wait to have some GhR cb's! (well....actually.... I can use some practise)
The rules seems fair to me. Only a bit dissapointed that the threat indicator must be turned on. I guess no more flanking for me Sad

Dutchman / ViRuS
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2003, 11:52:13 pm »

I definetly would rather play without TI.

When TI is off shots fired still show up. I really think that this is enough threat indication needed.

If you have been using cover to flank and ambush you should be able to do that without the TI giving it away.

On the other hand I don't find the TI changes the game too much. Just easier for noobs. Also the red dot is rediculous. That shouldn't exist at all.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2003, 05:26:45 am »

In Last Man Standing, the threat indicator basically serves to make the game more action packed. It lets the players reliably head in the direction of enemies. Cuts down on random wandering around, especially in bigger maps. I agree that the proximity warning is fairly cheapshit, though. On the other hand, the threat indicator basically breaks the game of Siege. It gives the defending team advantages above and beyond what they usually get, and it also basically disallows any sort of interesting, tricky flanking maneuvers on the part of the attacking team.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads