*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:01:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: .::2003 |?K| / *DAMN 1v1 RS Tournament::.  (Read 27909 times)
bronto
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2003, 03:02:59 am »

Is mauti making the rules or rapid?

turns out rogue spear doesnt work on my mac anymore, so i have changed my position to 'protest the no iping rule'.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 03:07:44 am by bronto » Logged
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2003, 03:07:39 am »

While I would like to see PC players in the tourney, simply for an oppertunity to play against Xoclipse again, I think that Rapid has a legitimate case not to allow them. It's ok for some parts of this mac battle league to remain Mac only.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2003, 03:49:37 am »

No, Rapid thinks he knows about PC cheats but he doesn't. There are about 3 different versions of PC aimbots for RS: UO. 2 of them you need to buy ranging from 40-80 bucks.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
electronicjo
Special Forces

up from a sub 60 feet below...

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2003, 04:51:54 am »

Yep, bullshit. Rapid added these rules simply to kill our participation.  

First, the rules are laid out... No where did I see anything regarding PCs, people banned from GameRanger(this is automatically included if we say the games are to be setup through GR), or IP joining. If I did or anyone else did, we would not have signed up or even attempt to address the issue.

Great, now Mattster and I signed up. Rapid then asked all pariticipants for their GR ID. Notice this was AFTER Mattster and I's sign-ups and without any collaboration to us(a.k.a. IGNORING). But wait, Mattster never stated he was going to use a PC until sometime after Rapid's post(about a day). Therefore, Rapid posted as an indirect response to me; he knew I was banned. Lets assume Rapid did not see my post (11 minutes is not enough time to type a two-sentenced reply) he refered to PostNoBills, who posted one second after.

What's this? more PCers? We get several more sign-ups including xoclipse, bronto, and Mattster finally stated he will be using a PC. Rapid then proceeded to state the rule of "No PCers" as an attempt to nullify our sign-ups. He also claims to have discussed this with Mauti(I'd like to get confirmation from Mauti himself). In addition to the rule, Rapid apologizes to us four(that was nice of you), knowing it affects us.

Didn't get rid of us yet: We still have Macs to play on also.

Uh-oh, a new rule!! The games are to be played via GameRanger. That kills off xoclipse, Mattster, and I. Another attempt to thwart our fun, and sadly to say... it succeded.

Well there you have it... Rapid successfully created two rules to more than obvious, ruin our fun. Personally, it pisses me off how this shit still continues, even when we try to setup a simple tournament as Rapid as the organizer. When I first saw this thread, I thought this was a joke. An AK/DAMN tournament? I mean holy shit, those two ancronyms can't even be on the same line, let alone side-by-side.

To finish off, I sure hope Mauti clears this up, because if not, you will never see me in any "AK sponsored" event or tournament.
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2003, 05:03:32 am »

Sorry you feel that way, but it was matters that were being discussed, as the tournament was being advertised.  

We both agreed it should be a Mac only tournament we could run thru GR, therefore eliminating any contacting problems.  If you see the list of players qualified so far, it has a GameRanger? indicator to let all participants know whether their opponent is on or not, therefore making it easier to get matches done faster and more efficiently.  Again, just looking for better results than past tournaments.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a tournament of your liking in the big PC world though now. Shocked Wink

(Don't be so offended by a way we run a Mac only Tournament.  Rules are rules.)
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2003, 06:02:43 am »

"I'm sure you'll be able to find a tournament of your liking in the big PC world though now."

Heh your right, The tournys there are more playin(More fun) Less Bs.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 01:44:34 am by Casper » Logged

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
electronicjo
Special Forces

up from a sub 60 feet below...

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2003, 06:04:30 am »

I see... so "as the tournament was being advertised" means while people sign-up, lets cough up rules that limit specific players. Which is 100% OK since you are the organizer. This is how Rapid manages his form of a tournament.

With that said, I change my mind about my request for Mauti's word on this(like it would matter anyways).

TY for clearing that up.

and yes, I'm sure I'll have tons of fun playing Raven Shield(http://home.attbi.com/~electronicjo/rvs.jpg). Two years they said.. hahahaha.

Edit-- added a link.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 11:56:10 am by electronicjo » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2003, 10:22:34 am »

Guys calm down and relax it is only a small tournament. We decided to keep the tournament on GameRanger because it is easier to setup. Furthers all guys on a PC can choose from many others PC tournaments.

As a consequence I said to Rapid that we should first let all guys in that are Mac players on GameRanger. That are 16guys so we added the must be through GameRanger rule.

That's it.

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
bronto
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2003, 02:13:50 pm »

Take me off the list then.
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2003, 03:55:49 pm »

I could bring my cable and bring it to my mac and get on gr...I will have to think about that. Dont take me off until further notice.

Retired Mac RS Player.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2003, 03:57:48 pm »

eliminating any contacting problems.

You say contacting problems I say competition?

If you didn't notice half of the world has AIM.... and the other half has an email address. Dress it up any way you want big guy.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Psyks1
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2003, 04:05:34 pm »

take me out
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2003, 04:17:18 pm »

I resign because of peer pressure...err uhh sorry I mean that because you're not allowing ipers to play.  Sorry.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
happyJack

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2003, 07:35:09 pm »

Hola Rapid and Clem

I'd like to sign up.
For some newbass reason I can't find my GR acct number, tell me how I'll find it.
I'll send you an icon.
I'm not entirely clear on the format, but it seems a player can challenge another player anytime they want? Is there a limit to how many times I have to be owned by Silvio or Biohazard? Is there any limit to how many times you have to rematch someone in one time slot?
If I'm 15 minutes from ditching out, but have been on for 6 hours and my wifey is about ready to drag me off to shop and spend spend spend, if I get challenged then, is it legal to postpone?
Can you be mid game, or even hosting it up, and HAVE to leave a game room if a challenger comes along and demands a 1v1?
Perhaps it should be a GR bar and grill or PM challenge that is unavoidable?
Just curious, sign me up in any case please.
Thanks
hJ

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2003, 10:22:32 pm »

Click on your own name, and hit command I, is one way. . . [/color]

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
dr. letum

"Running from A to B, No more hookers and LSD"

« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2003, 11:53:07 pm »

As a voice in an apparent minority, I would like to say that I am in favor of the Mac only rule, not to exclude XO, Bronto, Ejo (what's with all the O's anyways?) but on the basic principle that as Battle League, a supposed "Mac Only" league, is on GR, a supposed mac only platform, it conforms with the league and such.  It also discourages (rumor or not) hacks from spoiling all the fun.  PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE OF HACKING IN THIS POST SO DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH! Angry

There, that's my 2.33 cents! Cool

I Ain't Got No Learnin'!
Ross Koepke (Bull)
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2003, 01:23:57 am »

I wonder if we can get mattster, ejo, and xo unbanned.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2003, 01:30:33 am »

I too agree with Rapid and Mauti's decision to disallow non-GR users. It will keep it all a bit simpler. I too agree with Letum, people might stir up lots of BS if they feel the IP/PCers hack. Also, shame on all of you protesting this rule by leaving the torney. Alot of effort is put into making these tornies, so please show some respect and be kind to those organizing it.

Also, seeing as Ross a.k.a Bull a.k.a. Firebeast is no longer FiRE. As that is he has a FiRE icon...a minor issue, deal wth it as you please...I'm not sure if he has a icon or if Rapid will be making him one...Thanks

Aye.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2003, 01:49:56 am »

but on the basic principle that as Battle League, a supposed "Mac Only" league, is on GR, a supposed mac only platform, it conforms with the league and such.
well thats not completely true if you read the rules u can be on a pc ur clan just hast to have a majority of mac players.... and as someone else arleady said hacks cost lots of money so there would be no point i have been a long time pc player and a while ago i went looking for hacks to see if i could find any but i couldn't....(even on kazaa(Biggest pirate system in the world Smiley )

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Ross Koepke (Bull)
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2003, 03:19:29 am »

Ok, about hacking, from my experience in trying to make a complete catch-all antihack for the last 4 months. PC users present just as much hacking/cheating threat as mac users. The most widely used hack is a server-side gun data hack. This can be easily accomplished on a mac using only simpletext. The only thing that PC users could have to their advantage in an aimbot. Aimbots function differently than most RS hacks because they dont change any data. They're usually a serperate application that searches for a specific color on your screen. When that color pops up on your screen it attempts to send bogus mouse data to keep the center of your screen on that pixel of that specific color. However, due to the similarity of the colors of RS, any color in the unis are found in other parts of the game, making this very diffulcult if not impossible to pull off. These aimbots are fairly obvious because a user's screen will snap to a guys head. But in RS, they wont only snap to the guys head, they snap to random objects and spots of walls. A dead spectator could easily spot this, if the PCers were willing to let any random person spectate. And last but not least, NO I DONT FUKING CHEAT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads