*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:42:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Penalty for beating clans that quit the BL?  (Read 1203 times)
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« on: November 06, 2003, 09:26:43 am »

So I gave the rules a quick scan and found nothing... looked over the forums and found nothing... but its late and my eyes hurt.

Anyways, it seems my clan has been docked some 80+ points for happening to have a win aginst GhRa which was initially worth much more than 50 points. Is this in fact a 'bug' in the script which makes clans that drop out count as 'unranked' clans for scoring purposes? Is there a rule I missed? Is it right that a clan should be lose points gained in a legitimate cb (with a respectably ranked clan, too...no bottom feeding!) just because they chose to bow out on the season (In the last week, no less)? If all this is true, do clans that LOST to the quitters get points back? Or even MORE confusing, is it possible that clans which lost to the quitters lose EVEN MORE points if the losing sidewas ranked fairly high at the time?

I'm SO confused...

P.S.- I know 'quitters' is harsh, but my brain is unwilling to search for an alternate word right now. NO offense meant.

.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 02:31:30 pm »

Im sure a clan that reamins on the ladder does not get penalized for beating a clan that has dropped from the ladder.  It seems as though its counted as a regular cb.  If the clan chooses to disband then the clan is no longer present on the ladder without an adjustment of points.   I would assume that if the point adjustment were the case, it could be used as a tactical advantage.

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 09:41:04 pm »

the script does not take into account if the status of the clan is set "inactive" (indicated by grey stats). "Unranked" only means zero played CB's. The points-loss must have happened due to the regular recalcs caused by confirming/deleting CB's by us admins. My suggestion: trust the data! Before the finals start we'll do a final recalc, which will determine the final scores.

Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 09:50:05 pm »

hey,

i noticed that GhRa has been deleted from BL and all ladders.
when u check the matchlist for all cbs of GhRa u can see that all wins against em are counted with 50 points for the winner. all clans who lost against GhRa got their points back if they lost some cuz of the loss. maybe it is meant to be like that? i dunno.

z][t-Civic
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 10:01:19 pm by z][t-Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 10:35:04 pm »

hey, just noticed that too.

so: the strange points differences were caused by the deletion of GhRa from the GhR Team ladder. I already readded GhRa to the ladder and did a recalc, so everything should be in order again. I'll add a FAQ item on this matter.

Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 11:43:39 pm »

I think its right now...thanks!

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads