*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:39:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OMFG I GLITCHED!  (Read 1690 times)
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« on: October 15, 2003, 11:54:16 am »

To any admin who reads this-

After looking at the replay from [one] vs X1 siege cb #1241/1242 (I even screwed up posting the result!) It's pretty clear I am in a glitch. Sorry for the inconvenience, and sorry to my teammates for costing us a right- fine win in all other respects. Sad
Rampage

I did that?? eew!

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 07:01:42 pm »

And here is a very annoyed clanmember Angry

This is not a pro "gambit was glitching" post, but rather a very annoyed Rampage who thinks replays are being missused. we did loose a cb( that we won). i am annoyed because everyone thats been around ghr for a long time, knows [one] is a stand up bunch of guys and that Gambit is a most honerable and honest man. if he glitched, it was an honest mistake or something that he was not aware of.
digression, sorry.

so to my point. replays are being missused. not that we're such a perfect bunch of guys that never complain, but we dont try to get a win after we loose. Lets say that we had a cb against c|/BTs etc. we notice a glitch or they do, we or they call the glitch, say sorry and play it again. if it would repeat itself and be obviously on purpose, it would be a whole other story. but in this case it is not. as far as i know, that was the final game and we had victory safe in hand. it was 2-0 before that game and the cb ended up 3-0 to [one] but we lost it. and i really think that sucks, not just for us, but for every clan that ends up in this type of situation.

there should be a rule or a gentlemans code that ALL clans follow. call a glitch when u see it and replay the game - unless it is a strategic plan, and is clearly done on purpose, ofc that is different. be fair and take a loss for a loss and dont try to use replays as a way to win after a cb is lost.

there is no way in hell that [one] will ever go trough replays to find ways to win a cb. if we where to cb [ ! ] and they beat us fair and square, and we watch the replays(we only do for training!) and Flies kills me at the same time as he is glitching by mistake - there is no frickin way i would report that match and try to get a win from a clan that actually deserved to beat us.

and while u are reading this i will also say that i stated the same opinion for another clan in their win, but loss. not only for mye dear [one] clan m8s

I have no problem with X1, i think they are cool guys and seem to have a chilled attitude to the game, but tbh this is not the way to win. and i dont think other clans should use this was a way to win either.

thats just my opinion

Proud to be [one] rampage

Live every day as if it is your last
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 07:41:27 pm »

I'd have to agree with you rampage.  The glitch rule in it's current state is way to harsh.  If the glitch was unintentional, I think that the match should be replayed.  There was no malicious intent involved, so an automatic forfiet seems like overkill.  There are so many glitches in the game that everyone falls into one intentional or not (even those who say they've practiced to no end to avoid glitching, i've seen glitch).  

If the glitch was obvious and intentional, I think that, yes it should be a 6-0 forfiet.  But if it was an accident, just replay the round.  no big deal.  Me personally, I'd rather win a CB knowning that our team was better, not that we won on a technicality.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 08:01:47 pm »

I agree with Splinter and Rampage as well.  Gambit obviously did not know the he was glitching and when he saw3 the replay he then posted the issue.  That is probably one of the most honerable things I have seen a player for a clan do and hope that we all can follow in his example.  The round in question should be played over.  Otherwise it is seriously a cheap win on the other teams part.  He obviously knew it was a mistake.  Definitely dont punish the messenger for doing the honerable thing and bringing it to the attention of the BL.  As was done in last season all proven glitches that are proven to be accidental should just have the round played over.

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Noto
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 10:52:47 pm »

Here is a post I made on October 2nd in response to the glitching issue.  I know this might not be the best definition of glitching, but I think it's pretty darn good.

To Acri, and others:  Glitching Defined?

Remember that a 'glitch' is a glitch in the game program.  If you are in a house, and you are able to shoot through the wall, but your enemy still had no clue where you were, is that a glitch?  Of course it is.  The way I see glitching is that it gives you an advantage for making a kill, and an advantage from being killed.  Whether or not your enemy was aware of where you were does not matter.  What does matter is that you shouldn't have been able to make the kill, however, a glitch in the game provided for it.  Basically, if you know it's a glitch, or even if you suspect it, you should avoid it at all costs.  Even if you are just doing recon and you do not intend to fire, if an enemy becomes aware of you and fires without the kill, you would still be glitching.  I think there have been more than enough glitches pointed out in this game so that all should be aware and cautious at times.  But, accidents still happen.

In my own view, glitching should only be called glitching if you are killed by someone you can not fire back upon due to a program glitch, or if you are able to kill without being killed yourself.  I think it is complete BS when people say "well he didn't shoot at me at all, but man I unloaded a full clip into him!  He was glitching!"  Case in point:  Anyone can pretty much see anyone inside the hangers of Airbase when you are outside, depending on the angle at which you are looking at the building.  Just because I can see him, does that mean if my bullets do not hit him, he is glitching?  I don't think so.  Just find another way to kill that guy.  Now, if someone kills you, and your teammate fires back and is unable to kill him, such as the tower in Airbase, that is definitely a Glitch.

I'm not meaning to add drama to the above issues, but is my definition of glitching a universal one?  Is it shared by the admins?  I'm only asking because I thought glitching was pretty well known and looked for, and it amazes me that anyone would want to intentionally do it any longer.  I think these issues that we have had this season with glitching bring about the question; what is glitching?  Maybe I'm looking past it in the rules, but I don't think there is a clear definition, or even a simple one, in the rules.  Perhaps the admins could redefine it for us.

Thanks...

.::|N| Noto

There it is.  I agree with Rampage that the punishment is a little bit too harsh.  Losing an entire CB for one game.  If anything, you should just lose that game, and that's only if the glitching affected the outcome of that game.  I don't know guys, but I'm pretty sure this won't be taken seriously, let alone clarified.  I hand this one of to the Admins...

.::|N| Noto
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 12:31:58 am »

I think we all know after playing this shit for a while who the glitchers are out there and who the guys are who are willing to admit when they've been beaten to the punch.

Ok, that last statement might not making any sense but oh well, carry on....change the rule plz.  Why not make it that the unintionally glitching team forfeits that round and not the whole match?  If a clan wants to claim the full win because of one accidental incident then a reputation will proceed them.......

.........unfortunately for some out there I think it already does.  

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 12:44:49 am »

My feeling is if something is not called on during gameplay or right after that GAME (not the whole match) then it is inadmissable to try and get a rematch or ruling. It must be called on at that point. So what you do then is finish the entire match, review the replay, and if it was a glitch offer to replay it. That's it, seems that would stop all accusations or bad judgement calls.

BTs_SignTist
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 02:05:42 am »

For real....

BTW, do you other clans REALLY have someone go through every single replay of every single clan battle looking for the chance of a glitch just so you can pull a 6-0 forfeit loss???

If so then some of you really gotta get laid.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 10:51:16 am »

Glitching has sure been a big issue this season, and frankly, I am getting tired with the entire season.This season has had a way to accepting view on after-battle feuds.
I agree that we should have a gentleman's code but it shouldn't be up to admins to decided. I hereby invite all clan leaders to a chat that is going to be held Thursday 16th October at 22 CET and one on Friday 01 AM CET. Here we will discuss the following issues:

Gentleman's Code for Clan Leaders
Code of Conduct for Clan members

Basically, I think we should set up a clear set of rules for clan leaders. There are a lot of us that take our clans seriously and we don't enjoy feuds like this.
Clan members as such are NOT invited to the chat. You must ask for my permission to invite anyone else, otherwise it will be come too crowded.

I hope you will all attend. If you want to participate or just want a chat transcript, contact me in GR.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2003, 06:03:50 pm »

Things just arn't what they used to be.
Im on the side of [one] on this one Wink  Rules seem to being pushed to the limits of playability. There are a lot of honest players in the game that can fall foul unitentionally and get hammered on as a consequence. But the problem arris'es that where then is the line drawn, how does someone decide what is unintentional and intentional?!

Acri i feel much the same about the season. There seems to be more hastle and bitching than enjoyment, people would be very surprised to learn that the comunity participate in bl's ect for fun...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2003, 06:47:19 pm »

I try not to pay attention to all the glitch talk. When another clan glitches, the only time I really worry about it is when the cb is on the line.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads