*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:50:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Organisation of Semi fiinal matchs between :MoD: and .GZ.  (Read 1717 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« on: March 18, 2004, 03:20:45 pm »

Hi .GZ. Folks, congrats on reaching to the semifinals, i hope we can get organised two or three great semi-final games.... And i think as far as we are concered the soon the better!! Are there any particular times for you guys that you would most like to play on? Friday/saterday night i believe is always a good time for us from about 11/12GMT onwards... but we can be pretty flexible (somtimes!)

Looking forward to it

....nearly forgot we would like to play @ least the minimum of 4v4 games. ty
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 03:24:58 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 01:00:20 am »

Just checked rules for finals... Im assuming we are hoping to cb either this friday saterday or sunday night at the default times:
EUR vs. US clans 10:30pm GMT (5:30pm EST)

hope this is convenient... some responce regarding this would be good asap so our guys have some warning.

with thanks

Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 03:45:49 am »

heh,

I like how ya added the sometimes in there bro heh.  But yes, we will cb on those times or possibly earlier if Gz can get together to do so.   I believe that is 4pmEST if I am corrrect.  Plz correct me if I am wrong

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 04:12:23 pm »

10:30 GMT = 5:30 EST

Its 4:30 for you, mr. central time zone!

ara

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Saberian 3000

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 07:02:30 pm »

Opps, my bad hehe.  Ok np

=)

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 11:55:09 pm »

The complete

32. The Finals: ....

Attention: If your clan is one of the 4 clans to make the finals, you have to play! You must play at least one CB per day. The default times for clan battles are: EUR vs. EUR clans at 8:00pm GMT (London Time), U.S. vs. U.S. clans 9:00pm EST (New York City Time) and EUR vs. US clans 10:30pm GMT (5:30pm EST) and if your clan comes from outside EUR or US the default time is 6:00pm GMT.

Um the complete lack of feedback in anyform is a bit worrying.... now :MoD: is a Mixed Euro / US clan so im requesting that we take a split between the US/Euro time... which is 7:30pm EST

I hope this is possible. some form of comunication would be preferable!

Saberian 3000

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 02:04:57 am »

OK, here's the deal,

We have talked many times online and they told me yesterday that they saw what BFG had read and agreed to CB us today at the agreed time cause they were also saying that they couldnt cb with 4 players on the weekend but Friday would be fine.  Well, this is an issue cause not only are they not online, but I cannot get any sort of feedback from these guys.  Granted they tried to get us into a cb when we were not ready and or doing other things during the week before the arranged time, but sad to say I could not do it and none of my guys had enough time at that time to cb as well.  But here's the thing, BFG posted on the forum when we would cb them which was the weekend which if I am not mistaken is the default time.  One issue is that they have no freaking people online and two is that I was told that they arent even getting back in till 11pmPST which is complete crap since half of my team is Euro, which translates that they have to stay up to 7AM in the morning to play a cb.  Which btw is unacceptable.  

Bottom line, we waited till the arranged time, we posted the time that we were going to be online to cb, and they verbally agreed to it, although I did say to respond to the post on the forum.  Which they must of read cause it's pretty obvious that online it says 11/12GMT and not 11pmPST when I am told Bonfire is coming back.     Sad to say I was told that one cb had to be done each day for finals.  So here we go, the first day, and even if we were considered a pure American clan which we are not, then they would still be late off of the basis that they would be online at like 11pm PST, which is 2am EST which would then be 7amGMT if I am right which is utter crap for my Euro guys.

Plz force them to post something so we can get this over with cause if we were considered either a euro or an American clan they are way past the deadline for the first cb.  So what do we do?

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 03:20:02 am »

Ok its 2:30 GMT... I can't stay awake for any longer.... two guys showed up... two guys....

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 03:30:18 am »

I even missed a shag for this bs Wink

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Saberian 3000

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 03:52:00 am »

OK, it is now 9:29EST and I have sent my Euro guys and other members that could not wait to sleep.  Srry but if I am right we only have to wait till 15min past the time of 9pm EST to call it forfiet.  Now here's the new deal.   We have waited up to 30 min past the deadline and now show.  I again, told them to read the forum and have had a conversation with another clan member from .GZ. basically saying that he was aware of the website after his complete 20 minutes of denial for anything that was going on with the cb with us lol.  Nice guy but a little strange lol.  In any event, here's the deal.

We will show up at the standard Euro / American Cb finals time which should be 5:30EST tomorrow.  If they show up and play both cb's 4 vs 4 or more without an issue then we will not count this as a forfieture.   On the other hand, if they dont play both cb's tomorrow at the schedualed time I will consider the first one which should have been Friday a forfiet and go from there.  This was again posted on the DAMN BL forum and of course we all know rule #22 of DAMN BL rules stating:

22. The leader or named representative from every clan is responsible for reading the Battle League forums daily to be informed of current events. Not having read the forums will not be an excuse for missed challenges.

and let's not forget the General Rule #27 stating:

27. You may organize a CB at a set time. At the set CB time, you have to wait no more than 15 minutes for all players to be online and ready to play. If fewer players appear than agreed to, you have to start with all available players (at least 2), while the other team can play with the agreed number of players. If one team has less than 2 players online after 15 minutes of the agreed time, the other team wins by forfeit, 6-0.

We have not only been waiting since 5:30 EST for a cb with them that was schedualed but we also went the extra distance and waited for them up till now with only two of their players on and both of them refused to cb saying that they dont have the authority to do so.

Again, plz understand, we dont like wins like this, but in all honesty this is complete bullshit that my Euro and American team have to waste half of our Friday to wait for a clan that agreed to be there verbally and never even showed up or just plain refused to cb with the guys they had.  Plus the fact of rule 22 stating that it is there responsability for missing missed challenges.    I believe that I am being completely fair by requesting both cb's to be played tomorrow starting at 5:30EST so there is no excuse for them not to be there.  Either they play two out of the 3 rounds or I will call the forfiet on the game they missed today.

BTW: .GZ. lightgreen has to be one of the funniest guys I have ever met in my life.  Very amusing to say the least.  As a person, he is ok in my book =)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 03:59:06 am by :MoD:Saberian » Logged

.Gz. Celsius
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 05:54:17 am »

cry me a river... Shocked
.Gz. MDT

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 06:10:15 am »

not gunna be long as yours but

The fact is nobody agreed to cb on friday. As a matter of fact we planned to do all the rounds on saturday or 2 of 3. But i nor Bonfire recalled agreeing to cb on friday because of the fact we knew that we were both gunna be gone. : ( . And we will cb on saturday and the defalut time 2 rounds or 3. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are not to blame..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 06:10:56 am by .Gz. MDT » Logged
Saberian 3000

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 07:03:45 am »

Ok, I am glad to us agreeing to doing 2 of the 3 cb's tomorrow.  If all goes well then we can just forget the issue with the forfiet stuff.  Hope to see ya at 5:30EST.  See ya then.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 01:21:49 pm »

Looking forward to it... I'll just catch a couple of winks then cos i believe its going to be another latenight come early morning!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads