*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:49:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: which clans are in the finals????  (Read 4782 times)
waterproof

« on: March 17, 2004, 01:48:59 pm »

i wunder which clans are in the finals!!!!?Huh??

**Its not only a game its a fucking adventure**
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 02:04:48 pm »

The ladder will have to be re-calucated to check any last changes to scores and admin changes to cb's ect. However as it so stands at this moment:

RvS Team Finalists:     c|          BTs       -MP5-      |!|

GhR Team Finalists:     z][t     :MoD:      .Gz.        BTs

I assume this will change as the cloesest clan in 5th spot in GhR is 600points short, however in RvS the gap is under 100 points... however i see no outstanding RvS cbs...

So great job to all who competed and congrats to finalists... comiserations to those that didn't quite make it but gl for next season.

The final final finalists will be official soon...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 02:59:44 pm »

Sorry, its core, c|, MP5 and BoC. I went to bed last night with only 10 minutes left in the season and BTs had yet to even start a clan battle. There is no way in hell BTs got a cb done in 10 minutes.

Elandrion, can you confirm what time that cb was put in?

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 03:02:19 pm »

If the cb was started before 2 am est it would count... 3 am est was when the BL ended and we finished before then... so GoodLuck to all the finalists!

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 03:10:37 pm »

That seems hardly fair to the clans that got there cb's in on time. And BTs didnt.

Admins
OK, my clan is involved so I will only say this. Last night when I went to bed the clans were 1)Collective, 2)Core, 3)MP5 and 4th)BoC. There was about 10 minutes left int he season and I was in the BTs server playing RvS watching to see if they were going to get a cb done. When I knew there was not enough time left for there clan to get a cb in On Time I went to bed. I wake up this morning to my surprise that BoC was moved down in the ladder because of a late bl submission. I there a way to confirm the time that the cb was submitted? As I see it the final 4 clans should be.

Collective
Core
MP5
BoC

Thanks,
Voodoo

I will agree to whatever the Admins decide.

ie: I was on until 2:30 am and BTs had not gone into a cb yet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 03:21:52 pm by BoC?.vooDoo.-a2- » Logged

Adult Gamers Alliance
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 04:02:34 pm »

Voodoo we started the cb at 1:30 est. We even have a couple witnesses if you want to ask em (-MP5-Typhy, c| King.of.Pop, and | ! | Flies)

They were all waiting for our cb to finish, to find out results.
Btw- Bucc was in the cb, and he's an admin.....so...

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 04:09:27 pm »

Ok sar, you said your piece. But I don't want to see anyone else going back and forth on this one. Please wait patiently for the ruling.

Ara

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 04:14:06 pm »

heh i'm only on the pvp ladders and i stayed up almost all night to see if anybody made any late moves on my spot.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 05:49:20 pm »

Yeah, I remember signing on at around 11:30 pm PST (30 minutes before the end of the season), and the score just became 2-2.  The time the match was submitted (11:42pm) coincides with what i saw.

From what I saw, it looks like this match was played, finished, and submitted all on time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 05:58:53 pm by c| Splinter » Logged

"oh no, here's come's the death."
static

"Only the dead have seen the end of War" ~Plato

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 05:53:57 pm »

I don't say much in the forums.  The CbB was started,  finished and posted before the 12 midnight PST end of the season.  I have no idea what time voodoo was going by but perhaps he is mistaken or maybe I am, dunno?  I have several screenies of the time the cb was posted.  If admins have any questions on the validity of the cb I will send them out.

static

just trying to keep the peace
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:16:22 pm by BTs_static » Logged

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 06:19:43 pm »

i noticed that the BL runs in PST time... this means that the timer for the season ended at 11pm PST, 7am GMT. the cb has been posted obviously at 11:42pm PST, 42 minutes after the timer ran down.
it?s hard to decide if the cb should?ve just started before the time was up OR if it had to be finished already at that time to be count...

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 06:24:24 pm »

Well, a few seasons back before we had our automated system, c| got in a last minute CB that started before the end of the season, but ended and was submitted after the time was up.? The admins approved that CB.  Right or wrong, that is the precedent we are working with.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 06:36:47 pm »

Even if that is true, the cb lasted 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours. I clearly remember that we started around 1:15 est time. So we started the cb 45 minutes b4 the season ended, and if im wrong i would like to see some sort of proof of that
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:38:24 pm by SAR » Logged

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 06:41:56 pm »

When we started...  the ladder said 1 hour left.... at 2 am it said 0 hours left....

So... doesn't this mean that there is LESS then an hour left but the season is still running?

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 06:48:47 pm »

Like I said before, Hardly seems fair to all the clans that got there clan battles in on time.

Seems to me "tactical use" once again. If this is allowed to pass you all are saying that I could have "tatically used" the ladder timer to cb a clan at 1 minute before the end of the season. Does that seem right to you all? The answer is NO.

I was under the impresion that all cb's had to be posted before the end of a season. After all, the "End of a Season" means the end. Cuput, no more. How can you post cb results 42 minutes after the End of a season.

Ponder on that.
vood's

Adult Gamers Alliance
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 06:53:01 pm »

Let's not tit for tat and pit for shit.

Simples questions just need to be answered.

1. What timezone is the BL running on?

2. What constitutes the official time of a CB, the start or the end?

Answer these two questions and then we can all live merrily in happiness with lotion.

So simple yet so hard.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 07:06:39 pm »

Let's not tit for tat and pit for shit.

Simples questions just need to be answered.

1. What timezone is the BL running on?

2. What constitutes the official time of a CB, the start or the end?

Answer these two questions and then we can all live merrily in happiness with lotion.

So simple yet so hard.

Simple questions, but very hard to answer.

According to Civic, the BL runs on AKST time. ( Alaska Stand Time? Maybe. Never heard it called that before, though ). What time the Battle League runs on isn't what matters.

The hard part about this is that we have no rules regarding it ( read through the rules, nothing about when the ladder ends ). It's our job to make a ruling on it, based on nothing, basically writing a new rule for it. It's being discussed, and hopefully we can get you an answer as soon as possible.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 07:20:53 pm »

As long as the cb STARTS before the season ends it's fine. We had 4 admins on when the cb took place, all paying attention. Typhy was in BTs_statics room waiting for results from the cb, flies was outside knowing that we are goign to cb MP, because i had a long chat with him. Harvey, and Bucc were both admins IN THE CB!

Now tell me, with 4 admins paying VERY close attention to a match, why would they say "good luck!" to us, or somethign liek that knowing the season ended eh?

Not 1 of the 4 admins said anything about the season ending, so oviously the season did not end when we started the cb.

Also, I have seen many clans do this before, 2 seasons ago the network for example cbed tribe right before the season ended, the cb lasted untill 1 hour after the dedline, and also the exampel Splinter had mentioned with his guys.
Both those cb's were confirmed with no problem. So if it's not in the rules and other clans did it, I dont see whats wrong with it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 07:26:25 pm by SAR » Logged

static

"Only the dead have seen the end of War" ~Plato

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 07:28:12 pm »

Ok sorry to put another wrench into the mess.  But us being silly americans we observe something called "daylight saving time"  gay as this may sound its true. The east coast uses it but 600 miles alway they do not.  Daylight Saving Time, for the U.S. and its territories, is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, most of the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and the state of Arizona (not the Navajo Indian Reservation, which does observe). Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, due to its large size and location in three states.  This alot to take in so please take the time to consider all aspects of this mess.

static
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 07:29:02 pm by BTs_static » Logged

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 07:30:37 pm »

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=2304

Oh! whats this? another cb posted after the season ended!
11:38 PM!
hey! it looks like ALL the clans are runnign under the influence of this rule, that you can start the cb b4 the season ends!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 07:33:33 pm by SAR » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads