*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:54:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  NISHI'S FUTURE GR WEPS....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NISHI'S FUTURE GR WEPS....  (Read 8815 times)
Josef_Porta

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2001, 03:56:45 pm »

what I dont get is why he didnt keep the models from Lloyds mod 6... some of them were really nice, like the SR-25k, but when I tried Lloyd 7 the model was new... and butt-ugly... sure having alot of guns is nice... but whats the point when most of us could have done this at home by making the new weapons but using the old models... oh well... what do I know... im just a lowly old sweed... an evrebodi nows weze stopid eh?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2001, 04:35:09 pm »

heh. Some of my favorite bands are from Sweden.

Josef_Porta

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2001, 05:40:58 pm »

Heh yeah like bands of raging vikings out to pillage and plunder the whole of europe... but seriously... sweden has a big music industry, unfortunately most of the money goes to american companys so even tho sweden is one of the largest music producing countrys in europe we dont se diddly squat of the money made...
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2001, 06:00:35 pm »

Ya that's what I figured. The bands I listen to I guess could be called "underground" or whatever. My favs are S.P.O.C.K , Elegant Machinery , Restricted Area , Covenant...etc. They are so amazing. I even got to meet the guys from Covenant over the summer. They were really nice. They were just waiting outside their tour bus and my friends and I just walked up and started talkin. It was soooooo cool     Grin

Josef_Porta

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2001, 06:08:31 pm »

The good thing about most swedish bands is that they are very down to earth about the whole success thing (not counting Roxette, but they suck). actually most of the members of S.P.O.C.K came from a town near mine, i went to school there, at the same school they went to...

I listen to spock sometimes too... "never trust a clingon" great stuff!
AMBROSE

TRUST NO ONE

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2001, 06:30:40 pm »

my Cuz is in a band called Seeking Homer. they tour all around New York and other places. They have three CDs out one live two studio recorded. My cuz plays the drums, he just got married last summer I think. Couldn't go to there wedding..... had to take care of the family buisiness Sad

CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE http://www.seekinghomer.com/

-AMBROSE Smiley

{-Ambrose-}
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2001, 07:17:28 pm »

That is soo cool Josef. I really love their musical style. Some songs just put the biggest smile on my face while others are more serious. The thing I like about Sweden is that it seems very innovative when it comes to electronic music and such. Pretty much all the bands that I listen to are from your native Sweden or Germany.

AMBROSE

TRUST NO ONE

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2001, 07:22:44 pm »

I LIKE RAMSTIEN!!!! OKAY I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS ABOUT EM!! I THINK THEY ROCK!!!! Angry

-AMBROSE Angry

{-Ambrose-}
Josef_Porta

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2001, 08:24:57 pm »

Oh yeah! RAMMSTEIN ROCKS BABY!!!! Cool
The reason why we have so many bands is, amongst other things, that we have Leisure houses (best translation i could come up with) that are sortof youth centres, but not just for problem kids, but all kids... they can go there and play pool, pingpong, play music or whatever. alot of the swedish bands start out as a local band in a Fritidsg?rd (as it is called in swedish) and then go on, either as the same band or they split up and form new bands... but it is an important part of it all...

oh and yes... i do work at a Fritidsg?rd as sortof a recreations leader or whatnot (basically a grownup to help the kids out and see to it that they behave at least a little). Cool
AMBROSE

TRUST NO ONE

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2001, 08:35:43 pm »

Thank god somone else like Ramstein! Everyone I mention ramstein to freaks out and says, The lead singer screwed the keyboardest onstage! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!! Who cares?! They play good music, isn't that what its all about? the music?
         And man, I think its cool that you mentor kids and stuff. i always wanted to do that. Anyway Whats Sweden like? Always wanted to go there.

-AMBROSE

{-Ambrose-}
SabreSix

Relax. Breathe. Focus on the reticle, not the target. Don't make the shot happen. Let the shot happen.

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2001, 09:29:07 pm »

Many of the posts I'm seeing are right on target guys.  In the intensely Darwinian arena of the mind, ideas are the ammunition.  Any intellectual property you create is yours to do with as you please.  It's about having the respect of the gaming community in general and fellow modders in particular. To paraphrase: "Around here we got two kinds of modders. We got your prime modders, who crank out all the hot mods.  And we got your pud-knockers, who dream about crankin' out the hot mods".  You know who you are.

For better or worse, like it or not, we are all members of a community, a "sub-culture" if you will.  And like any community, there are rules, written and unwritten, that, by the very act of participation, we all tacitly agree to live by.  Certain ideas and ideals bind us together, however loosely.  Think about this.  If somehow you were suddenly and irrevocably banished from this interaction, not allowed to participate in this community, would you not have lost something of value?  Something that enriched you?  Something no less real for it's being intangible?  To ask someone to pay for the right to participate in what is essentially voluntary is anethema to the very notion.  And we've all seen how quickly stolen ideas are exposed and the miscreants censured because, at a viceral level, we all know that, in this community, that is the very worst form of thievery.

Great art enriches, raises the bar and promotes all participants to strive for a higher standard.  The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is just a little bit extra.  I have a couple of gigabytes of mods saved on CD for reference but only a select few stay active in the mod file.  Most only have one or two aspects that appeal but the keepers are the ones that make you step back from the monitor and say "Holy sh_t!".

While much that passes for art has been produced to put bread on the table, the truly great is usually produced when the artist is inspired, driven by a need to share a vision that causes the rest of us to say "Wow!"

If I can do it, it's not art.

I shall now relinquish the soapbox.

P.S. Coco, no unclaimed M4's laying around but I have built a few match grade rifles for NRA Service Rifle competition for friends (on their recievers, of course).Wink

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-

Do what thy manhood bid thee do, from none but self expect applause. He noblest lives and noblest dies who makes and keeps his self-made laws. -Sir Richard Burton
{E}LuSiVe

too late! viva taco bell...

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2001, 10:48:59 pm »

Dude, you rock. Cool

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
"THREE DOLLARS! Cool, that gets me another scratch-off..."
AMBROSE

TRUST NO ONE

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2001, 06:04:31 am »

Sabre Six your the coolest

-AMBROSE

{-Ambrose-}
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2001, 07:53:51 am »

Great art enriches, raises the bar and promotes all participants to strive for a higher standard. ?The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is just a little bit extra...?Most only have one or two aspects that appeal but the keepers are the ones that make you step back from the monitor and say "Holy sh_t!".

While much that passes for art has been produced to put bread on the table, the truly great is usually produced when the artist is inspired, driven by a need to share a vision that causes the rest of us to say "Wow!"

Thanks, SabreSix that was extremely well said.
It's funny, because a lot of people think of mods and rarely associate art with them. I've always been an artist and I can get some great results with different types of mediums, but my problem (as I imagine any artist's) has always been motivation.

With mods, you have constant feedback, ideas flowing in, and it keeps me primed. I always try to do things visually that are satisfying to look at and stand apart from others. When I started, my skills in Photoshop were minimal, so some of the techniques I have developed weren't there yet, but the subject matter was definitely different.

When I work on a mod like US TAC, my challenge is to come up with things that look like they are real, almost alive and less like a cartoonish type of feel. With a mod like Renegade Legion, I can just let the mind go where ever and really be creative. Both challenges serve to develop skills. I look in awe at some of the work these HalfLife and Unreal modders put out. The thoroughness and originality, as well as the artists' skill.

It's the equivalent of doing a canvas, and while you are working on it, knowing that thousands of people will see it and analyze it, every detail. That is something that most artists rarely have the luxury of knowing, having that reward there visible in front of them while they work. Even when I draw or paint I am very detail oriented, heavily influenced by Japanese design-oriented illustration styles. So it goes way past the game and becomes like a worldwide gallery.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

ViX

Confectionary Girl!

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2001, 10:42:45 am »

sabre six.. very well said.
you are so dead on target.
you should be writing editorials for ELiTeD.
in fact i just posted it.
everyone knows how i feel about the thieving of mods.
coco is a true artist. he has shown me a couple of things he made. incredible. and it shows in his mods.. he is the best i've seen.
RLTC is going to blow you all away. I have died so many times in these maps just because i couldn't stop staring in awe. The unis, weapons, maps...... you wont believe what they have done.

-=ViX=-

You Have Been ELiTeD
SabreSix

Relax. Breathe. Focus on the reticle, not the target. Don't make the shot happen. Let the shot happen.

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2001, 02:17:59 pm »

Potential. Not what I do now, but what I will do. Not what I am, but what I become. The only constant is change. We are all in the constant form of becoming. Each moment, hour and day. Right now. More or less. Your best is always yet to come.

At some point even Da Vinci had to stop staring at the canvas, pick up the damned brush and make that first stroke.

(still searching for my medium. I know I left it around here somewhere.)

Do what thy manhood bid thee do, from none but self expect applause. He noblest lives and noblest dies who makes and keeps his self-made laws. -Sir Richard Burton
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2001, 02:21:49 pm »

Hey man poets are artists too! In case nobody told you, that is Wink

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

ViX

Confectionary Girl!

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2001, 03:30:35 pm »

im a tooth artist. i make them all pretty again

-=ViX=-

You Have Been ELiTeD
AMBROSE

TRUST NO ONE

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2001, 03:38:27 pm »

Yeam man. that cat was groovie Cool I am my own prisoner in world filled with policemen, yeah thats right cats Cool The man is everyone and evreything. Every tax u pay is another dolar for the man. Cool

-AMBROSE Cool

{-Ambrose-}
Grendel_BHZ

Pain has a face.....Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I...AM...PAIN

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2001, 06:05:49 pm »

all of you rock in my opinion. unfortunately for myself, the only art I've created is the exit wound patterns in the bodies of my opponents   Grin. just bein silly of course....I havent posted in a few days....so, I just couldnt stop myself. heh heh....later guys
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads