*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:41:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Gameranger 4.5 problem Logfile.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gameranger 4.5 problem Logfile.  (Read 1126 times)
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« on: March 06, 2006, 08:09:07 pm »

Since no one else has really started a thread about this and since a lot of you are experiencing problems with joining games on gameranger, I thought I would open this up so we might be able to move things along faster.

In this thread, please post  -

1. your problem
2. The game(s) the problem is occuring in.
3. And all details you think might be relevant -i.e os version, mac, connection etc..

DO NOT flame at evill or use this thread to discuss your mental health issues in. This thread is for LISTING problems, so please keep it simple. This is not a thread for Evill to respond to all your problems, but moreso for collecting all your problems so please don't expect a solution straight away.

Note:Moderators please remove posts that aren't listing problems or offering solutions ty.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 12:30:47 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:55:26 pm »

1 - Can't play more than one map in RvS without crashing out.
2 - Raven Shield
3 - It has some thing to do with connection between host and user...?  The bypass of port forwarding has something to do with it.

1 - Random warp: more than the usual
2 - Ghost Recon
3 - Something to do with the port forwarding.

1 - Athena Sword
2 - Says my version isnt correct
3 - I didn't know there was a new version of AS but I may be mistaken...

Dark, I added a /color tag to your post, because I cant abide by an unclosed HTML tag.  You can thank me later.  Smiley  -Lone
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 10:46:47 pm by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 10:09:53 pm »

Just to note, you have to open port 16000 UDP if you're having problems. I think that's the correct port.

It might help, but it seems like ghr and rvs is the main problem. And Evill is on the edge of deactivating rvs and ghr for this feature till he managed to isolate and fix the problems with these games.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 10:54:27 pm »

Ethion port 16000 is GameRanger Premium voice port... and no, you no longer have to open ANY ports. 

Post modified -  So I guess I was wrong, it was premium voice before 4.5, I didn't know about the new change as far as that port goes.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 01:19:11 am by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 11:10:54 pm »

Try not to tell people what is the right thing to do and what isn’t at this stage – Unless you KNOW you have your facts straight. This might help some folk –

Taken from www.Gameranger.com
Network Changes from GameRanger 4.5 Onwards
GameRanger 4.5 introduces a significant new feature that bypasses the common problems that modems and routers cause with hosting (and sometimes joining) games. No setup or configuration is required, and all just works automatically.
In rare cases, some users with certain types of routers may still have problems joining or hosting, particularly if they have firewalls that are explicitly blocking ports. You will know if you are having network issues before you even launch the game because your name will remain in italics in the game room even after 10 seconds after joining the game room. If you can join other rooms or host games for other people just fine, it may be the other person that has the network problems.
If you do have a troublesome router, you can fix the problem by configuring the router to enable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), or manually do port forwarding for UDP port 16000. See Hosting Help for information about port forwarding. If you have a firewall, you'll need to stop it from blocking that port.
This feature is not supported for Mac OS 9 users, and also not supported for games running in the Classic environment.
This feature is currently not supported on Intel Macs, but should be supported later.
People are experiencing different problems with various games. Unfortunately it is hard to say when these will be resolved, but please try to be patient. You may like to try the following in the meantime -

• Try restarting your computer.
• Try trashing gr and game plist’s
• Try trashing Gameranger and Gameranger prefs and re-download Gameranger.

These are NOT long term solutions, but may help you join games.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads