*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:41:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Wat's up with GR!?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wat's up with GR!?  (Read 13163 times)
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2001, 10:21:44 pm »

well the resident ass of the damn forums has the mic, so here goes...

grifter - when i said the two best high school players, one is the only high schooler on the US junior national (20 and under) team and the other was on the youth national (18 and under) team and would have made the junior national if he hadnt fucked up his back in swimming last year... also, i nearly (first alternate) got to go to the national youth team tryouts, if u would like to use that to qualify my skills

rogue - hahah ur feet cant touch the bottom, but thats the least of ur concerns... more pressing matters usually include the six guys on the other team who would like nothing better to inflict pain on ur under the water where the ref cant see it

glad - i may be an ass, but u really need to, as u say it, "chilax"

as for gr (omg i just started talkin bout gr on a gr forum, i think i must be sick) i got onto gr for about 15 mins this afternoon on my 56k only to crash while i was in an rs game and not be able to rejoin... i dunno, maybe evill was teasing us
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2001, 10:26:04 pm »

i have been on since about 7:00PM EST

- Matt
Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2001, 11:06:49 pm »

well, i quit GR a little while ago and when went to go back on it times out again. this is a tease.

- Matt
purple_heart

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2001, 11:17:14 pm »

i have not been able to log on gr for 2 days now..... this is getting VERY old

[T&A] member
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2001, 11:22:54 pm »

Grin

OK, I'm back on as of 11pm EST.

GameRanger Lives!

Ace.... ah hell, it's not even worth trying to make a point to you.....

but GameRanger Lives again (for now)!

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2001, 08:21:27 pm »

Shocked
[glow=color,strength,width]What is up with GR now???[/glow][/size]

I got on... then I can't.... while I'm on Matt and MPE can't log on...  Does anyone have an idea here???

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2001, 08:27:03 pm »

Grifter-- I have no idea what is going on. I was able to get on this afternoon but then when I left and came back to get on three hours later I couldn't get on, and I still can't get on. But yet, I have talked to people who are on GR, and they said they got on perfectly fine. So what is with GR, why can only some of us get on and others can't? Angry

"From this day to the ending of the World,
. . . we in it shall be remembered
. . . we band of brothers."

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2001, 08:35:45 pm »

It's very weird....

I was on for an hour (when RS crashed) after the reboot.. nothing.

I was chatting with Matt and MPE on AIM while I was on GR and they said they were still getting the connection timed out.

The only other thing I noticed is there were never 100 people on GR (hovered between 90 and 99 people here).

This is just annoying... taken to the 10th power.

Has anyone been able to hit the web site either?  I just get a connection failure there too.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2001, 08:45:02 pm »

ok, here is a quick rundown on gr's current state... recently, many isps have been updating their routers, so if ur router was updated and the gr server's wasnt (or vice versa) u couldnt connect to gr... by now, most all routers have been updated, so everyone should be able to get on now or very soon

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2001, 08:54:02 pm »

Ace-- Oh thanks for the update. I guess my router is still not updated because I still can't get on.

These are cool...

Roll Eyes  Tongue  Embarrassed

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2001, 08:56:35 pm »

Ace........

That's fine and good, except that it doesn't really make much sense. ?Why would my ISP changing routers at some point have anything to do with intermittent connections. ?Matt, MPE, Oties, lots of us have gotten on, then lost connection, then get it back, only to lose it again. ?

Now, if you said that GR had lost some router bandwidth and could only handle x number of connections at a time.. that might have made sense. ?But ISP's changing routers shouldn't have any effect (unless they lock out the ports that GR uses, but then it wouldn't come and go, would it.

?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2001, 09:03:05 pm »

Grifter-- True man. Well let's just hope this gets fixed and it's not always like this because that would be a real pain in the ass.

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2001, 09:18:29 pm »

grifter - i hear what ur saying, that was puzzling me too... my only idea was that the isp's had to mess with the routers on more than one occasion (first install didnt work, minor fixes, etc.)

i am sure that it was a router prob... i talked to some reputable gr users (no thats not an oxymoron) including Steel_Rat who was at WWDC with evill

Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2001, 09:27:04 pm »

Ace,

I understand that you are just repeating what they are telling you.

I'm just guessing here that either they are guessing or they are just trying to cast the blame on ISP's instead of GR.

Either way... it's just not how routers work (name servers on the other hand would be a great scape goat.....)

and for more weirdness.... I'm back on GR right now......

go fig.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2001, 09:41:53 pm »

Off Again!!!

Ok... there is a pattern here...

I got back on about an hour after the last RS crash and series of "Connection Timed Out" errors from GR.  Was on for a bit, joined a game, crashed, and couldn't log back onto GR again.  I'm wondering... either I'm losing the connection, which is causing me to crash..... or when we leave GR is there now a time limit on how soon we can reconnect?  Again there were less then 100 people present the whole time I was on (and I am used to seeing around 200 for that number).

Does anyone notice these or other patterns in this mess?

I'm going to see how long it takes before I can log back on.... looking for these patterns.  (or maybe I watch too much X-files and see conspiracy behind every dark corner)

FEAR_Viper

|-FEAR-| Strikes Terror Into Millions Of People

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2001, 10:33:03 am »

Guys GR must be still a little screwy. ?I was on last night and i had about 6 people IM me on AIM and ask me y they cant get on GR, but i was on the whole night. ?One thing ?happened earlier though, i was on then crashed then couldnt get back on. ?Then i came back an hour l8er and i could get on again, so something is messed up w/ GR still. ?=/  

And grifter, i do see the same patterns, its like GR is set to a limit of only 99 people at one time, and the same thing is happening w/ me, my RS crashes and GR shows some messed up screen so i have to restart  Angry  It's really strange

SiX_John/\/othing
missionary/doggystyle

Me and Spaz's mommy...kekeke "phew"

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2001, 11:55:37 am »

Well there are good things that come out of gr being down, for one...
1.) u can now catch up on those downloaded emulated snes games that u never play anymore.  
2.) Now's ur chance to try out different multiplayer games that dont use GR, ie. games on Battle.net, UT, Quake.  
3.) U don't have to put up with scott kevill, [i for one don't have a problem i like the dis chats we have, sure i've been banned in the passed, but i've got'n passed that, when i figured out how i could get newbies banned......*wink, wink *  Dr.Retarded.
5.) Have u ever cataloged ur dvd collection? Now's ur chance.
6.) Now's the perfect time to learn about that Html/Flash stuff u've been telling urself to learn for a while now. And i think it's time U Post'd that website of ur cat dressed in clothing.
8.) Or u could finish up the already exsisting Clan website u'r members have been telling u to finish. [looks away]
7.) U could slow things up a little and catch up on all those great books JN has been telling u about....i recomend the latest Clive Cussler book "Atlantis Found" [is he james bond? is he Jack ryan? is he Indiana Jones?  he is all three of these and his name is Dirk Pitt]
8.) If u're really ambitious now's ur chance to actually venture outside where computer light and 40watt bulbs don't power the world.
9.) Memorial weekend is comming soon, and the pools will be opening up again, now's ur chance to peel off that mossimo t-shirt[that u bought at target for 9 bucks] and reveal that eye blinding pale chest of urs to the ladies.
10..) and ten......make an mpeg capture of u jerking yourself off, and post it on the web with ur head cut off.....because u've always wanted to do it.

mwha

jn

SiX_John/\/othing
missionary/doggystyle

« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2001, 12:09:44 pm »

Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Sad Angry Huh Shocked Embarrassed Roll Eyes

[face's waiting in line to get shot]

SiX spaz

www.clansix.net

« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2001, 04:38:10 pm »

lol jn.  

btw, could you please change the caption under ur disgusting picture?  not only does it bother me, it is very childish to say stuff like that because you feel threatened by my superior manhood (dick).

SiX_John/\/othing
missionary/doggystyle

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2001, 05:10:57 pm »

Damnit spaz, cant u see ur mom and i trying to make u a little brother?

jn

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads