*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:14:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Any own a iBook G4 1.25?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Any own a iBook G4 1.25?  (Read 6375 times)
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2004, 12:28:58 pm »

Thw 1.25 is the powerbook.... the ibook is only 1.2

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2004, 05:50:15 pm »

I still say that anyone who thought they had a 1.25 should look on the box and see what it says.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 06:43:19 am »

Yep, Box says 1.2

I bought into the assortment of online places toughting 1.25 G4 iBooks. Amazon among them. Gah.

My friggin airport card is still fried.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 07:30:16 am »

So mysterio was right. It is a conspiracy!

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 03:21:53 pm »

So mysterio was right. It is a conspiracy!

No, GhostSniper was right, it is a conspiracy!  You just piggybacked on my conspiracy.  Bad Mysterio!  Bad Mysterio!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 05:23:17 pm »

Lies! I think Mr. GS is just sad cause there are no new Political threads.

John Lennon
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »

Cause all the BS has already been dug up, now they just have to reiterate what they've been saying for the past year for the next few months until the election.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 08:26:33 pm »

When is election day?

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 09:45:36 pm »

When is election day?

It is always the first Tuesday in November.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 11:12:05 pm »

Hrm, that's very convenient. Almost too convenient...

John Lennon
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2004, 12:36:19 am »

It is always the first Tuesday in November

and the last tuesday that will see Bush as president  Smiley

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2004, 02:08:11 am »

Ouch bobby you got him there. I mean huzzah!

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2004, 03:16:59 pm »

It is always the first Tuesday in November
and the last tuesday that will see Bush as president  Smiley

Ouch bobby you got him there. I mean huzzah!

No, you failed to realize that EVEN IF Bush doesn't win the election, he remains President until January 20, 2005 (which is a Thursday, by the way).  Dumb-asses.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2004, 05:47:28 pm »

No, you failed to realize that EVEN IF Bush doesn't win the election, he remains President until January 20, 2005 (which is a Thursday, by the way).? Dumb-asses.

Geeze, Party pooper  Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2004, 06:13:01 pm »

I second the motion BFG.

John Lennon
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2004, 01:23:15 am »

to get sort of back on topic. what should i use to clean the palm rests of my ibook? cause they are groddy from all the spam.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2004, 02:36:30 am »

I know spike...try water...or windex.

John Lennon
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2004, 02:38:11 am »

so im off to get a glass of water to pour onto my key board in order to clean it. should i use salt water, or dasani?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004, 03:01:04 am »

Ok. Here's the end game for me and Apple.

As I may have mentioned earlier, Apple Customer Service sent me an iBook battery as a bribe.

But oops! they sent me a 12" iBook battery inside of a 14". Oh that wacky Apple -- such comedy in their errors!

Then, as I tried to connect to the local airport network, I discoverd my airport card was malfunctioning. After spending another hour or so on the phone I was given a case number that referenced the advice of the tech that I receive a new airport card. Happy ending here: the local Apple Store replaced it without a fuss AND it works. Huzzah.

During this process I can face to face with the most inept tech guy I've yet met. He stammered as I gently corrected him. He'd advise me to do things like "open admin utilities". Wtf? And even when we finally got into "disk utilities", as I suggested, the option he wanted me to undertake did not exist: run a hardware test. Isn't there a CD that ships with the computer that runs hardware tests? Inept, man, inept.

In any event things have worked out. I've just lost another few hours of my oh too short life down the fucking drain.

One nice thing was that the local Apple Store manager suggested that with the rash of bad iBooks I and the company I've worked for has had we should complain to the "special" number he gave us. One of the partners here is all over that. I hope so see some more free shit thrown at us.

And I did buy a PC. Which I gladdly announced to each tech and to customer service. A kid who used a mac since I was eight had jumped ship until they get their quality control problems cleared up.

All's well that ends well, I suppose.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2004, 03:20:23 am »

And I did buy a PC.

shame on you ! Having troubles with a mac is one thing, believing that the troubles will get solved by buying a PC is another.

- Pentium 2.53 Ghz HP desktop ...... 389 $
- ATi radeon 9800 Pro upgrade.........239 $
- 512 MB Ram upgrade....................100 $

- Being able to use a safe computer that doesnt crash, has no virus and is so cool.......... priceless

There is Apple, and there is everything else. Good luck with your new computer.

OMG another 4 years !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads