*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:16:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Any own a iBook G4 1.25?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Any own a iBook G4 1.25?  (Read 6374 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: July 17, 2004, 02:25:10 am »

Hey yall,

More trouble for me.

I'm wondering, does anyone own a G4 1.25 iBook?

I thought I did -- but on having my iBook returned it was now a 1.2 G4.

Been on with Apple and they say they NEVER sold 1.25 G4s for iBooks. But I can find lots of websites referring to the 1.25 but none that are selling it -- they list it in the title of the machine but in the specs it's listed as a 1.2.

So, anyone have a 1.25 G4 iBook? one that says 1.25 in "About This Mac"?

(btw, I sent the machine in for a hard drive replace and they replaced the drive AND the Mother Board -- wtf!?)

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 02:40:54 am »

my dad got one 2 weeks ago... it says 1.2 Ghz in "About This Mac".

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 02:44:28 am »

Uhoh! Another Apple mistake! The mystery of the 1.25 processor.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 02:50:57 am »

I'm holding with my earlier view that Sixhits is experiencing a conspiracy against him.

Either that, or it is USER ERROR.
[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 03:01:54 am »

Nah, God's just having a littl fun at my expense. When I get to the pearly gates he'll have a big fat G4 1.25 sitting there. Just on the other side...

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 03:23:31 am »

No six, dont commit suicide!

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 03:41:14 am »

Yeah, they say they are 1.25, but I'm sure they aren't.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 03:50:51 am »

That would be false advertising. What does it say on the original box six?

John Lennon
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 04:11:06 am »

as far as i know, there are no 1.25 Ghz Ibooks, only 1.2.

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 05:39:41 am »

THATS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE!

John Lennon
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 06:17:44 am »

I'm holding with my earlier view that Sixhits is experiencing a conspiracy against him.

Either that, or it is USER ERROR.
[/size]  Wink
im actually going to have to agree with GS here... Ive never even heard of people having this many problems with macs

is it 2008 yet?
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2004, 07:53:17 am »

Oh, I read the other thread about people having problems with macs but I never took the time to reply.  Some of you know my story about my 1.8 G5. It was the worst purchase in the history of apples.

Too keep the story short, they replaced just about everything but the nice shiny aluminum case. And this is no lie. I took it in for a start up error and it took over 3 months for them to agree there was a problem, 5 attempts to fix the problem, and about 8 trips to the apple store to almost figure it all out.

I don't know where the old thread was, but I almost got arrested for threatening the staff if they didn't fix it right (bodily harm, thrashing the store and so on).  Not only this, but I called apple and spoke to at least 5 managers, and 10 techs, they are all fucktards.  Not one offered compensation, a solution, or an way of getting the comp fixed.  In the end it just finally worked itself out.

Not only this but I have a registered business using apple products.  Let me just say that if it was not almost entirely necessary to have an apple for design, I might have moved on.  I enjoy the platform and software, but the customer service pretty much blows my asshole nowadays.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2004, 07:32:31 pm »

In the end it just finally worked itself out.

What do u mean by this?  The comp just started to work again?  That's hard to believe since apple had to replace "everything".

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 07:48:55 pm »

You know, back in the day, when we had a old IIsi that seemed doomed (kept alive for the sake of kidpix and history), we had taken it to so many stores and they couldn't fix it. After we through ti was doomed my brother just did a clean initialized on it and reinstall and it worked like new... That goes to show that anything can happen. Or it was a miracle! Stupid stores can't think of that.

John Lennon
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2004, 09:03:20 pm »

Speaking of computer speed, does anyone know when the G5 imacs will be out? I have heard sometime this september, but I'm not sure if it's true. They most likely will be single processors 1.6, 1.8, and maybe a 2.0, so they ones out right now are a lot faster.

Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 09:15:43 pm »

Okay, i didn't see the old thread about my question, so well i guess that solves it thanks.

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 09:17:57 pm »

it has been confirmed by Apple itself already... new G5 iMacs are coming this september.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2004, 10:50:21 pm »

They don't make G5s slower than 1.6, so look for that in the low end, a 2.0 may push it but we will see. And if you don't mind there is a thread for future iMac discussion.

John Lennon
westamastaflash

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2004, 10:52:48 pm »

Got my 1.2 sitting in my lap. Don't think there was a 1.25 ibook, just powerbook.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 03:03:46 am »

The propaganda is true! It's a conspiracy! Check the box Six then tell us.

John Lennon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads