*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:05:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Liberals eye Canada
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Liberals eye Canada  (Read 1057 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: April 02, 2004, 10:42:04 pm »

This one's for the fundamentalists out there:

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=18303

Maybe the right wing wackos will finally get what they want. A country devoid of different points of view ...

>>>
Joanna Harmon is considering whether to leave the United States for Canada. Nik and Nancy Phelps practically have visas in hand to set up business in Belgium. Joan Magit and her husband are eyeing Vancouver. Amy Gertz moved to the United States from Canada two and a half years ago ? she's now moving back.

These are scary times for progressive Americans. Many feel isolated and embarrassed by the actions of our government. Some are downright terrified at what will happen if Bush is re-elected in November. When politics get too bleak, it's comforting to remind ourselves that we can always move to another country. But how many of us are serious about it?
<<<

If you're a right winger and want to up lift your spirits, have a read.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 11:15:06 pm »

I don't always (or rarely do these days) agree with the U.S. government, especially on international issues.  Even so, United States is a great and beautiful country to live in and thats what keeps me here.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 01:23:05 am »

Amy Gertz moved to the United States from Canada two and a half years ago ? she's now moving back.

Nice example, moved here after Bush was already in office.  pfffft

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 01:35:32 am »

There is just something weak about moving out of the nation. Your nation is your homeland. It is the place you grew up in for most of your life. When politics start getting fucked in your nation you dont move to another nation and flee like a dog with his tail in between his knees. You go out there and you try and change it for the better. That is one reason I am going back to Russia (I hate that my parents dragged me to America when I was a kid).

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 04:39:01 am »

Well if you nation is becoming overcrowded with morons you might as well move somewhere else. i.e Republicans are everywhere, I'm better off in New Zealand when WW3 breaks out.

is it 2008 yet?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads