*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:04:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Little did I know Rush Limbaugh was a Free Speach activist  (Read 1377 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: February 26, 2004, 08:33:20 pm »

Today is a day of revelations.

Rush Limbaugh, hill-billy crank adict, is a free speach activist.

The whole world is slowly ending ppl.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash6rl.htm

In response to the FCCs insane crack down on "smut" etc on the airways Rush had this to say:

"'SMUT ON TV GETS PRAISED. SMUT ON TV WINS EMMYS. ON RADIO, THERE SEEMS TO BE DIFFERENT STANDARDS,' LIMBAUGH EXPLAINED.

'I'VE NEVER HEARD HOWARD STERN. BUT WHEN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GETS INVOLVED IN THIS, I GET A LITTLE FRIGHTENED.

'IF WE ARE GOING TO SIT BY AND LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GET INVOLVED IN THIS, IF THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO 'CENSOR' WHAT THEY THINK IS RIGHT AND WRONG... WHAT HAPPENS IF A WHOLE BUNCH OF JOHN KERRYS, OR TERRY MCAULIFFES START RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. AND DECIDE CONSERVATIVE VIEWS ARE LEADING TO VIOLENCE?

'I AM IN THE FREE SPEECH BUSINESS. ITS ONE THING FOR A COMPANY TO DETERMINE IF THEY ARE GOING TO BE PARTY TO IT. ITS ANOTHER THING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO DO IT.' "

I like how he phrases it in the context of "what terrible things liberals would do ..." (heh, that's Rush for you) but amazingly he's  right. More amazing, I agree with him - FCC, fucking back off my smut.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 08:42:58 pm »

how sad is this? just one brief titty shot (a titty that everybody wanted to see for years even) and the government is trying to set us backwards 40 years. i don't know what the fuck is going on. gay marriages are now becoming acceptable, but a womans tit isn't.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 08:54:37 pm »

Actually, it makes sense that Rush would have that opinion.  He's a conservative Republican.  He doesn't believe in government control, but in business control.  He'd much rather see his radio network buy out and silence guys like Howard Stern, not have the government regulate it.

Bush and his patriot act aside, limiting government oversight is a standard hallmark of the Republicans.  Whereas the Democrats are usually for big governments with lots of oversight.

BTW, the FCC has always had a much heavier hand in Radio than in TV.  Janet's nipple, and all it's uproar aren't at the heart of this problem (though maybe this is being brought to the forefront by another Nipple Ripple).  Howard Stern has been fined I don't know how many times by the FCC over the years.  Hefty fines too.  While the FCC let's many of the TV networks police themselves.  Think about how often you've heard the word "asshole" on TV and then on Radio.

If that isn't hypocritical enough for you, think about this.  A PG-13 film, which anyone can really get into, is allowed to show breasts bouncing around, and any language it wants.  A PG film can use almost any language (but no tits).  So as long as the kids are paying directly for it, they can hear and see what they want, but not if it's over the "public airwaves".  What a crock.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 08:57:02 pm by |MP|Buccaneer » Logged

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 09:15:45 pm »

If that isn't hypocritical enough for you, think about this.  A PG-13 film, which anyone can really get into, is allowed to show breasts bouncing around, and any language it wants.  A PG film can use almost any language (but no tits).  So as long as the kids are paying directly for it, they can hear and see what they want, but not if it's over the "public airwaves".  What a crock.

Well, PG-13 is all about "partial nudity". No gratuitous jiggles. A profile of a nipple perhaps, a bared breast in the background, once. You can also say the word "fuck" once and still get a PG-13 rating. And when you shoot ppl there cannot be blood form the shot. (watch GOLDENEYE for a brilliant example of how to make a PG-13 movie)

PG langugue is def limited. The difference between PG and PG-13 is significant. There are very few PG films any more. It's not hip enough for teens to feel it's edgy. And it's too mature for parents to take their little kids. Most movies that think about going for PG now just slide to G - bigger market.

And yes, I do work in film and tv.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 10:01:13 pm »

Oh good.  Can you get me Jennifer Garner's autograph???

PLEASE!

-GhostSniper Patiently Waiting.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 10:53:44 pm »

PLEASE!

Hmmm.

Will you vote Dem? ;-)

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 01:03:16 am »

PLEASE!
Hmmm.
Will you vote Dem? ;-)

Um, NO.  But not to worry, Jennifer is a Democrat and I'm sure she will be voting Democrat in the next election.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 01:18:20 am »

PLEASE!
Hmmm.
Will you vote Dem? ;-)

Um, NO.  But not to worry, Jennifer is a Democrat and I'm sure she will be voting Democrat in the next election.

Oh well, no signed Jennifer boobie picture for you! :-P

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 03:43:18 am »

PLEASE!
Hmmm.
Will you vote Dem? ;-)
Oh well, no signed Jennifer boobie picture for you! :-P

How about a compromise?  Say, I'll vote for some small-time Democrat in the next local election....like for Mayor or something Smiley

And I don't want a signed pic of Jennifer's boobie....just a picture of her fully clothed would be fine (besides, don't think my wife would go for a picture that is less than fully clothed...nor do I think that Jennifer would have one made like that anyway).

The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 08:11:42 am »

Today is a day of revelations.

Rush Limbaugh, hill-billy crank adict, is a free speach activist.

The whole world is slowly ending ppl.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash6rl.htm

In response to the FCCs insane crack down on "smut" etc on the airways Rush had this to say:

"'SMUT ON TV GETS PRAISED. SMUT ON TV WINS EMMYS. ON RADIO, THERE SEEMS TO BE DIFFERENT STANDARDS,' LIMBAUGH EXPLAINED.

'I'VE NEVER HEARD HOWARD STERN. BUT WHEN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GETS INVOLVED IN THIS, I GET A LITTLE FRIGHTENED.

'IF WE ARE GOING TO SIT BY AND LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GET INVOLVED IN THIS, IF THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO 'CENSOR' WHAT THEY THINK IS RIGHT AND WRONG... WHAT HAPPENS IF A WHOLE BUNCH OF JOHN KERRYS, OR TERRY MCAULIFFES START RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. AND DECIDE CONSERVATIVE VIEWS ARE LEADING TO VIOLENCE?

'I AM IN THE FREE SPEECH BUSINESS. ITS ONE THING FOR A COMPANY TO DETERMINE IF THEY ARE GOING TO BE PARTY TO IT. ITS ANOTHER THING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO DO IT.' "

I like how he phrases it in the context of "what terrible things liberals would do ..." (heh, that's Rush for you) but amazingly he's  right. More amazing, I agree with him - FCC, fucking back off my smut.

yeah, lol.
accually, the whole small government, thing ( not the free speech thing) is totally fudamentalist republican.

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 04:21:04 pm »

I heard the Swedish word for 'cunt' on the radio repeated over 10 times just the other week. Oh and there was a radio show about why vaginas were repressed last Sunday. Smiley
We don't have any strict censorship rules at all over here I don't think.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads