*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:13:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Who, What, Where, Why, When????
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who, What, Where, Why, When????  (Read 6100 times)
|?K|*k!Lz?*
« on: April 25, 2002, 11:54:47 am »

Since I am new and all, Ive noticed that assassin refers to ?K as the new CIA. Will someone please tell me who they are/were, what hapeened to them, and where they all are. I am very curious on this issue since I have no idea what I am being compared to.

Thanks, k!Lz
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Bondo
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 01:16:18 pm »

CIA was the clan run by Romulus (the old Rapid if you will).  There are plenty of threads about it if you dig into the back pages enough.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 05:10:06 pm »

CIA was a RS clan that let in many people and was very big... most of those were newbies, but there were a few with talent (especially Black Sheep).  CIA got a very bad reputation, both because with all the newbies that came and went there was a lot of trash talking, and even more so because of their leader, Romulus.  Romulus took over the clan after the first leader left (CIA Commander).  (for those keeping score like Sin, I was long gone before Romulus ever got to CIA).  Now, Romulus would go through lots of phases of accusing people of things, throwing up smoke screen posts (get a real life, some of us have lifes, that sort of thing) to avoid the real issues... like that he was caught cheating in a CB (twice).  He was also kicked out as a moderator here for abusing his responsibilities (as well as being kicked out of the battle league for cheating).  

So, there are many things there to draw examples from.. I'll leave that to you.

BTW Vipe and Sin... shouldn't it really be the Peakay award?  I mean, while I respect the fact that he hasn't been a dumbass at all anymore (that I've seen, he's been completely normal).  But Peakay was the first proclaimed dumbass of the forums, so unless he objects, I think the award should be named after him.  Romulus just took it to a new level.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 06:25:53 pm »

BTW Vipe and Sin... shouldn't it really be the Peakay award? ?I mean, while I respect the fact that he hasn't been a dumbass at all anymore (that I've seen, he's been completely normal). ?But Peakay was the first proclaimed dumbass of the forums, so unless he objects, I think the award should be named after him. ?Romulus just took it to a new level.

True that Peekay was a dumbass, but peekay didn't lead a clan like romulus and didn't quite irritate as many people as romulus. If you want to call it the Peekay award, be my guest.

As for Kilzo, CIA was a rotten clan much like how Grifter described. Much like AK, they thought they were kings of the world until like AK, they got put in their place by the established clans (well, AK hasn't realized this yet). Their leader, Romulus acted in much the same way as Rapidm except for the fact that Romulus could make a half-decent website (even though all themes were copied from another source...*DAMN html theft, PsYcO html theft, RS SWAT theme theft, etc.)

In short, get your act together or you will be labeled the new CIA by more people than just me....CIA is not a clan you want to be associated with.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
theN00b
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2002, 10:05:18 am »

CIA sounds really bad, even more notorious than us. I remember how much of an asshole romulus was. I was a 1 month old newbie when he kinda droped off the scene.  But I don't think Rapid cheated or has set up "smokescreen posts" That post about nothing that he did does not count. That is just funny as shit. lol candy wars!
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2002, 01:06:42 pm »

Well Cossak, if you want any examples, the forum here is full of them.  Many of us were here for Rom's whole career on GR (before his permaban).

After ripping off all of Mauti's code, he kinda vanished.  I even heard his old site is gone.

As for cheating... nobody said that Rapid cheats.  That was something that Rom got caught doing.  Only true dumbasses accuse people of cheating without a tracker truck full of proof... well, in Rom's case... it was a convoy.  

As for smokescreens... Rapid is full of those.  He completely ignores other peoples points and just keeps repeating his, followed by base insults and attempted mocks (kinda like a spoiled child that got caught playing with matches and starts shouting that his older brother was looking at playboy... you know, try to distract from the real issue).  This can be seen in his attempted flams of me, and in his continued bringing up excuses and new challenges to cover up the fact that he just didn't keep his word at all.

As for CIA being more notorious then AK... that's only because they were around longer to annoy more.  Given Rapid's current pace, I'm sure AK will surpass the rep of CIA pretty quickly.  It's just too bad that one or two guys can ruin a whole clans reputation.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2002, 05:55:20 pm »

Yeah, those 1 or 2 guys being you and Nixon as far as I see it. (Assassin backed off after I proved him wrong when he called me a liar) ?Now we are well liked by many in GR and your attempt to get people to dislike us, goes to show how you are the one telling on your older bro about the Playboy Mag. ?We are here defending our ground and I have NOT lied once, so stick all those rumors about |?K| up your big ass cornholio! ?Now Cossak, don't give in to the rumors, for it will give you headaches like it has to me. ?Everytime I've proven them wrong, they delete my posts, so in these forums, you will never see the respect we deserve. ?While I have fought the fire with fire, I am now gonna use Water and put their flame out. ?We are very cool people, we've had impersonators of "Rapid" and "Typhy" and other of our members and those impersonators went around deliberately TKing others and talking shit as if it was us(Even in this Forum). ?So while this "Inner Forum Circle" will never change, being that is one-sided, we will still be |?ggressively Killing| in RS where action speak louder than words:Smiley
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2002, 06:31:24 pm »

(Assassin backed off after I proved him wrong when he called me a liar)

uh, no. All your quote showed is that I said allies. You claim that I called KoS my specific allies.

BTW, if you see this before you do in the BL Forum, cropped/edited screenshots are inadmissable as proof.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Godfather - RnT

Buy a pentium 4 and reboot faster.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 07:28:25 pm »

blah blah blah.... ?K vs the rest

What I am concerned about is how the fuck did romulus cheat Huh I wasn't there when romulus was around, I was a n00b back then, or perhaps not even aware of Rogue Spear/Rainbow 6.
Neways, could come1 gimme some details on how he could possibly cheat? I mean, if I know how 2 do it, I perhaps also know how 2 prevent it... Cool

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2002, 07:58:32 pm »

Well Godfather... I took a trip with Mr Peabody in the wayback machine (who besides Ace will get that reference?) and found this post for you.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=GR&action=display&num=1000562565&start=0

Basically, looks like Rom didn't follow the rules in a CB, and had modded a gun.... scarry thing is he still lost the CB while cheating (LOL, that was a good laugh).

Hope this helps.

+-KoS-+ Gorf

Hehehehehe

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 08:24:39 pm »

woohoo!   i was in ?CIA? at one point    =D
(hard to believe isn't it)

god was i ever a newb though, didn't even know what a jammer was.....lol

Why did Romulus get Perm Banned from GameRanger though?

I saw one of his posts yesterday that said:  "I still play with you guys in your games EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME"

Does that scare anyone besides me?   lol

i mean, i think we should let him back on GR, it would be funny, he's like a legend and it would be great to meet him...........errr.........again......

~gorfy

"If your not part of the steamroller, your part of the road"
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2002, 08:37:38 pm »

Gorf,
I was also in CIA for all about 2 weeks when I first started playing RS.  Lucky for me this was before Romulus.

As for Rom's threat that he's still here... that's what prompted me to ponder if Rapid was Romulus a few months ago.

As for bringing Romulus back, at least after his temper tantrums he'd come back and make a little sense for a while.  Also, Rom had the excuse of being a kid.  

Godfather - RnT

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2002, 08:42:05 pm »

TY grift, im still wondering wether the anti cheat mod actually worx. If so, plz some1, tell me. And also, plz all use it, so not a single clan can suspect another clan of cheating. Also, we should make a list about door cheating and stuff, being-in-a-box glitches and so on.
NOT TO USE IN CB's, but to avoid in CB's. ie, when I'm cbing some1, I can actually can think forward where the enemy can actually be without being seen. So, plz, lez all summarize the known bugs in RS/R6. And, for RSD, let's not worry on that item since all RSD proggies are FUBAR thx 2 Gunpower mods and stuff.

- [R] Godfather -

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
Bondo
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2002, 09:45:10 pm »

Well Godfather... I took a trip with Mr Peabody in the wayback machine (who besides Ace will get that reference?) and found this post for you.

I don't directly get it, but I heard Dennis Miller use that referance before  Wink
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2002, 10:30:39 pm »

I don't directly get it, but I heard Dennis Miller use that referance before ?Wink

It is from Aesop's fables.

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2002, 11:56:02 pm »

Aesops Fables?  Never heard of 'em.

If you are thinking of Fractured Fairytails you'd be close.  Not quite there.... but close.

And yes, the master has remarked about Sherman & Mr Peabody a couple times.  Also Mighty Mouse and Underdog, two of my other favorites from the same era.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2002, 12:04:50 am »

Sorry to disappoint GRIFT, but I didn't see too much of Rocky and Bullwinkle, so I probably don't remember them as vividly as you.

As for Rom, I know he spent a good amount of time on the forums after ripping off Mauti's html because of all the shit we gave him for it. The last I remember of him was his association/support for MaG, which kinda killed any possible interest I had in MaG.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Godfather - RnT

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2002, 09:15:43 am »

hmm, ty for ur replies, but I'd like to have an answer  Smiley

Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2002, 11:07:22 am »

Godfather,
You'd have to D/L the mod you are talking about, try to mod something in it... then try to play a game with the modded host and see if the others can still connect.  That was the idea behind the anti-cheat mod... that if the host were to change the files then nobody with the untouched version would be able to join.

But, you'd have to ask someone that's a modder.  I've never really played around in the guts of R6/RS.  Ack or Mauti would be good ones to ask if you ever see them.

MacMan

Dyslexics UNTIE!!

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2002, 11:22:49 am »

ah, post not once, but twice, only then will thee recieve a reply..  Grin

so if i would spam, people would really notice the posts?, or better, i think a naked lady in a post would attract attention!

I love deadlines. I'm especially fond of the swooshing sound they make as they go by.
- Douglas Adams
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads