*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:50:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  GhR 1 and Mac OS9 -> OSX ??
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR 1 and Mac OS9 -> OSX ??  (Read 1063 times)
TheoRetiKule

Mountains rock

« on: April 20, 2005, 01:45:38 pm »

Greetings gents... your advice needed please?

I'm currently running GhR on my (now relatively elderly) Mac G3 laptop, very much thanks to Mauti and his technical help...

At the moment I'm on Mac 0S9.2, but for freelance work purposes I'm thinking of upgrading to OSX.  Not before time, you're all probably thinking by now - but before doing something rash I've gotta ask -

- will GhR1 migrate successfully from OS9 to OSX - in fact, will it even work? or is it a matter of simply re-installing?

- and, if the basic game will reinstall, are IT for Mac and Frostbite still OSX-compatible - I'd hate not to have the option of those now!!  And what about the majority of other mods?

Thanks for any guidance you can pass on!!

Theo

~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 01:57:26 pm »

GhR runs better for me in OSX, so go for it... worry instead about upgrading to a G4, at least!

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 02:04:02 pm »

- will GhR1 migrate successfully from OS9 to OSX - in fact, will it even work? or is it a matter of simply re-installing?

- and, if the basic game will reinstall, are IT for Mac and Frostbite still OSX-compatible - I'd hate not to have the option of those now!!  And what about the majority of other mods?

about time you're upgrading to OSX... you should notice a nice performance increasement in every aspect (supposing you have enough RAM etc). Wink

anyway, to your both questions... GhR will work as it worked before, you don't need to reinstall nor change any files or folders. you simply double-click the app and the game starts. also, both IT and Frostbite are OSX-compatible and will work as before since they stay in the unchanged GhR mods folder and are therefore still activated. nothing to worry about. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 02:07:11 pm by z][t-Civic™ » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 02:13:16 pm »

Hey Ret,

Congrats on being the only person ive ever come across who actually held out longer than I did to cross over. I freelance for a living, and used Quark 4.1, and Im so cheap so I didnt want to have to upgrade Quark, but once I did, felt silly for not doing so earlier...

Not only whil Ghr run fine, once you get used to it, you'll wonder why you didnt switch sooner..
Being an old mac system genius, i was terrified of X, and although I'm still not considered a systerm guru like i was, I enjoy it teriible...Wayyy less crashing..i mean SUPER way less, and force quit acutally works etcetc...

wo...that said, welcome to the fold...

Sheix

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads