*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:27:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Lan party in Zwolle, Netherlands
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lan party in Zwolle, Netherlands  (Read 5257 times)
Kinetic

I'm a llama!

« on: December 13, 2011, 06:56:20 pm »

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that the lan party is defenatly going to happen! We are still setting it up but here is what we know so far:

-The date is 24,25 and 26 Februari 2012. Friday evening we set up the lan
 and then get to talk over a drink Smiley. Saturday and Sunday is gaming time!

-The adress: Thorbeckegracht 163, 8011 VT Zwolle, Netherlands
 Here's a link so you know what to expect (it's on a boat):   

http://www.hoteldeboatel.nl/

-We cannot sleep on the boat but there is a hotel nearby were we can stay
 overnight with breakfast for around 50 € per night depending on how many 
 people are coming off coarse.

-People coming by car: Parking costs 15€ per day.

-People coming by train: There is a trainstation (the only one in Zwolle)   
 and it's only a 15 minutes walk from the boat.

-Food and drinks will be provided for, but the price is not set yet (it will   
 be a fair price)

We know a lot of people have Pc's by now, so playing mac games only would not work. We would like to know what computers you will bring and we want you to choose 3 games that you want us to play. Pick at least one cross platform game! I personally will pick Team Fortress 2 because it is crossplatform, it's funny and it's free!
We will defenatly play Raven shield,Ghost recon and Operation Flachpoint 2: Dragon Rising (Sjaky used his VETO on this one), so you don't need to pick  these 3 games anymore.
The gamelist will then be put into a poll on which we can all vote.

I myself will bring along a pc and my mac so other who can't bring there computer or can't play RVS or GHR anymore can play on it. I'm driving from Ghent Belgium to Zwolle by car. So if anyone wants to tag along please let me know!

It will be possible to play games over the internet so all can enjoy playing with us!

I've asked Saratov to set up a video streaming so all can see our ugly faces! It should only be possible during breakes to save the bandwith.

For audiochat we suggest using Team Speak 3. It is free, cross platform and works like a charm.

Download link: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Once installed, you can join the following public server: 

http://publicteamspeak.com/ (the connection info is at the bottom)

We would like to know before the 22th of december 2011 who's coming and when.
I will keep you informed on any further changes or updates and hope to see you all there!

Best regards,
   Kinetic

Kevin Pius
Nieuwstraat 19A
9920 Lovendegem
Belgium
+32.478.31.28.22 (after 19.00 CET)

P.s. If Anyone knows any contactinformation on anyone from gameranger you think should know then send it to me or let them know about the lan. I have sent this mail to everyone i was able to contact but the list is far from being complete.
Kinetic

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:18:25 pm »

Hey guys,

Just this small post to keep you updated. People who confirmed they will attend:

The Beast
KGB
Sinister
Saratov
Sjaky
Kick'ass
And me

There are some maybe's (Reddust, Ross, Axion,..) but most people haven't responded yet. It is probably due to the fact that i used old mail accounts. So that's why i want to ask everyone again to ether give me any info like real names or mail accounts or try and contact people yourself.

Gamewise it's still Rainbow Six: Ravenshield, Ghost Recon and Operation Flachpoint 2: Dragon Rising
For new games so far it's Team Fortress 2 and Urban Terror (both on steam and free to play).
I didn't recieve any other suggestions so far, so if you have any other ones, please let me know.
Some people want to play Rogues Spear but for macs it is simply not possible due to the fact that intels don't run Classic. We could try and play old Rogue Spear maps on Raven shield.

Greetings
Kinetic

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 06:41:43 pm »

Hey all,

It gives me great pleasure to see that the GR community is getting back into the saddle !
I have put a lot of time into searching people from GR. But there are still so many people that do not know what is about to happen.

Just to name a few:

BTS-clan (you could help me there Eight), Colin (DEA?), RnT-clan, Spu-clan, a-clan, Burke, Iplod, Imat, Vibrate, Biggie, Shaft, Ian, Joka, Bobby 6, Roca, Vermin, Silverblade, SGT_Hartmann, Nixon, Fire, Ripley, Sniperman, Neo, Stripes, Goonk, Acri, magnetic, Civic, Tigah, Logic, d'Evil, Vieia, Brutha, Buddha, Lee.Harvey, Meow, Mauti (no respons yet), Monoman,......
And those are just what i could think of! There are probably many more i have forgotten.
So if you have any info on one of those people, or anyone else, please let me know.
I found Pooner's, Joka's and Sentinel's facebook account but they havent't responded yet. Feel free to spamm them to hell!!

Sentinel: http://www.facebook.com/#!/ward.meremans
Pooner: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=539896800
Joka: http://www.facebook.com/#!/anton.sarkka

On another note, for thos who didn't see the reunion that KGB, Beast and me had here's the link :

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=768673d5a434f63bbe1f101831ec61f1&topic=11565.0

It's a great picture, because 41 people viewed it and no one was able to say anything bad about the way we look! I find it strange, seeing how Beast and KGB combined, don't have half the looks i have !

One small update on the lan: The location has changed a bit. The lan itself is going to happen at  Sjaky's Work near the boat. We are going to use to boat to chill out a bit.

Merry x-mas!

Kinetic
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:50:41 am »

Hey guys! Just checked an old email account and saw all this Gameranger shenanigans! Good times. I'm in the states, so I can't attend, but I'm thinking of picking up RvS 10 years too late and jumping on GR, if anyone still has a mac that can run it these days. Wink I'm on an old imac, so I should be good.

Update: Just ordered RvS off Amazon for about $35, and the Athena Sword expansion for a whopping $2.  We need more love
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:12:15 am by Mr.Mellow » Logged

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:51:08 am »

Well if I hit the lottery I will be there.  O wait. We don't have a lottery dam sorry folks sounds like fun.

GEN BILLY
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 12:34:41 pm »

Hi Kinetic, awesome idea!!!

I already have over 50Mails in my mailbox about your lan party. Nice!

The date is a bit to far in the future, so I'm not sure if I'll be on a business trip or not, but it would be a pleasure for me to come by, maybe even with *DAMN Elandrion.

I hope I can catch up with all those emails and as soon as I know more I'll let you know.

For the meantime I wish you a merry christmas and happy new year,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Kinetic

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 09:17:41 pm »

Hey Mauti,

I'm glad to hear you are recieving our mails. We would be honored to recieve you and Elandrion at the lan party.
It would be nice to finally meet you in person after all these years! And that goes for so many people from gameranger! So i'll write you down as a maybe  Huh

Merry x-mas and a happy new year
Kinetic

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:19:45 pm »

Woohoo i now have 9 posts!!!! Does this count as spam???  lol
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 03:22:19 pm »

In the mean time a few of us have been on GameRanger playing RVS.  Join us!

RVS FOR LIFE!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 04:26:16 pm »

Well hot damn I'm going to have to see if i can a) find my copy of RvS or GhR or any of those little beauties, and b) work out if my poor mac with play them!
Would love to come over and play but think its a little unlikely

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Kinetic

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 07:16:57 pm »

Don't bother BFG! You will get your but whipped if you play RVS against us Grin
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 03:49:17 pm »

If anyone needs a copy of RVS just let me know.  I burnt a copy and sent it to Weakspot and it worked just fine.  All I ask is you pay for shipping.

RVS FOR LIFE!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 03:12:35 pm »

Damn it Kin don't tease me so, at this rate i'll end up hopping in the car and driving over just to hand you some whoop ass in person! Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads