*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:35:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Where are you now?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where are you now?  (Read 3257 times)
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« on: February 20, 2011, 05:28:06 pm »

Hey Guys! I'm just checking in and saying hi to all my old buddies and hi to Mauti! I see you still have this going, so good on you! and thank you for all the years of dedication you have put into keeping this forum alive. I hardly go on Gameranger anymore and I've lost contact with a lot of people. I know a lot of people have moved on from gaming, some moved onto have families and concentrate on work or studies and then there's still some of you who are hardcore gamers and play games like COD4, BF2, MW2, BlackOps. So it would interesting to see where all of you are now?

I'm still gaming. I play in a clan called The 82nd Airborne Tactical Realism Clan
http://www.the82ndab.net/ We play a range of games including COD4, WaW, Blackops and more and have our own servers. It's nothing like those TDM servers. Obviously by the name, you can see we run tactical Realism servers and one of the best out there (IMO). Some of the oldschool Ghost Recon and RvS players are there with me i.e frog, peppy, kitkat, slick, Marshall, Pillage, lynx, wally. I've seen a few others from around here on our server, like BFG, Mesa to name a few. Please feel free to stop by and play a few Smiley

So where are you now?

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:43:46 am »

Hi Tigah,

first I hope you haven't been hit by the earthquake and live far away from that hotspot.

Next tuesday I start my new job. They have hired me while I was writing my master thesis, which it still not completely done but should be only a matter of days. My topic is "Game Design as Gameplay".  It's about transforming game design elements, that are usually done by developers, to playable challenges. One popular game for example is LittleBigPlanet. It's a new breed of games and no papers have been written about these mechanics so far. It's pretty exciting and I still profit from all the years with you and the *DAMN community. I even mention Ghost Recon and the *DBL ;-)

My job won't directly involve game design but community building and advertising. It's a great start and in the future I plan to have my own company. I have collected so many great ideas during my studies that I almost explode ;-) But first it's good to see other companies from inside.

Right now I'm playing some Bad Company 2 on my windows partition with Elandrion and Cyridian. I really like this game. You can really work as a team and make or break an assault. Especially rush is an awesome mode.

That's it so far about me. Have a nice day, and greetings from a still very cold Vienna,

Mauti
ps.: are you still on a Mac?

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:44:26 pm »

Hey kids,

Couldn't help but say hello, still pop in now and then... Ive just been looking at the forum stats - those where the days eh!

I don't play much these days, to much of my work life is spent sat in dark edit suites staring at computer screens, but the work is good so im not complaining, but a trip down the pub or a spot of power kiting is a better way to relax... ok i admit it, i still like to shoot the shit out of everything now and then, and so i have been known to reach for Bad Company2 (the new game looks stunning) or the old beast that is MW2.... on that note i'll have to come find you and Elan some day in a server mauti!

Tig, hope your not too caught up in christchurch - pretty horrendous pictures of the destruction.

ps... dear god i just saw my postcount!  Shocked clapping hands

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:50:41 pm by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 01:57:54 pm »

Impressive work BFG, maybe you should better look out for a job as power poster ;-) Nevertheless video editing is cool, like anything were you have some degree of creative freedom.

Yep, we still have to meet in a battle or two. Since 2011 I have only been online twice but this might change once I have finished my master thesis and became used to my new job and more restricted time shedule.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:37 am »

Greetings,

I'm still gaming, though I have moved away from the FPS genre in general but still enjoy them, as either they've become more twitchy or my reflexes have just gotten rusty and dull in the last five years (likely the latter).  Battlefield 2 was a blast to play though and I certainly mean to play more in the future. 

In the arena of real life, I'm working on a masters in public administration and working for the National Marine Fisheries Service (federal government).  The masters degree is a combination of how to run a public organization (or work within one's structure), and more philosophical/theoretical discussion of how organizations can/should be run, and how the world itself works and how to effect change in it.  Hopefully I can find work with the (Washington) state legislature on graduation, and my hopes after that are to work for either the state department or NASA, with the latter being my favored pick.

So I'm either being a casual gamer, in class, at work, or philosophizing about the nature of organizations and the world!  I'm not sure if this sounds like fun or soul-crushing boredom to you guys, but that's what I do!

Miss you all.   We need more love

-LW

Edit:  To echo Mauti and BFG, I hope you're well and safe, Tigah, as well as your friends and family.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:36:54 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 03:05:24 am »

First time here in a llllllllllooooooonnnnnggggg time and there is a recent "where are you now thread." Figures... Went off to Russian Army, said fuck it after I got out. No wars thank God, just a stint in Kyrgyzstan and boredom. Now I am back in USA working in NYC and Houston for some energy people. Analyze Energy policy for some firm. Boring office stuff... but it pays enough for an apartment in Brooklyn. Sometimes play a game called ARMA II on my PC partition. Very good game, but not a very active community, nothing like we had back in the day. No reason to go on gameranger, is that thing seriously alive?

Ok, i'll see you guys on here in about a decade if its still around. Nothing will ever beat Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon community.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:07:55 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:11:04 am »

Logged in today for the first time in a while, most of you probably don't remember me, I played in Ghra and 7in for a while.

I just finished high school and turned 18 not long ago and plan on taking a gap year to travel to New Zealand and Australia and after that I plan to head off to university to study Physics. Would write more but don't have long.

Hope you guys are all doing well.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 06:04:46 am »

Ah, now how do I make my nice pretty blue text....

I'm now 38 (yikes, getting old)...been out of the military for like 13 years, and still the Fleet Sales Manager for a Ford dealership on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  6 years now since Hurricane Katrina wiped us out and we are rebuilding nicely.  I don't think I've actually installed GameRanger or any games on my last 4 or 5 Macs, and I'm not even sure I would remember how to play!  The last thing I was playing was America's Army, and I don't think I've been on there since around 2008.

I have created a web site in my spare time, www.veterantributes.org

It's a web site devoted to military veterans of the United States, and is non-commercial, non-profit, and NON-POLITICAL (sounds funny coming from me, I know).  Take a look...I don't allow any advertising on it, and it doesn't make any money, but I really enjoy making the tributes to the military veterans.

Well, that's it for now...see you all around.  Anybody that wants can e-mail me at info@veterantributes.org

Blue Skies,

-GhostSniper

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:20 am »

Hey all!

Just stopping in... hoping to get some RVS games going. 

Well I still try to game once in a while, after leave GR for a bit I got into a clan called ETS, eventually ran the clan for a while but I stepped down recently and got thinking about my old pals in GR/RVS days.  Mauti, thank you for keeping DamnR6 going... much appreciated.

Take care

RVS FOR LIFE!!
Patterson - RnT

u know what

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

Heya

I just miss that old RS and RVS times Sad

Now i play BC2 and will probably play BF3 when it comes out, but this is nothing compared to our good old clan fights...

Peace, Pat
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 04:10:33 am »

Greetings and salutations.

Amazed the site is still here.  I actually popped on GR as well.  Realized it's been 5 years since we were here.  That's a long time.

I'm sitting here, bored, waiting for a production install to finish, get the banks back on the system and cross my fingers.  I'm a Program Manager now a days, leading the web banking team for one of the largest financial services companies out there.  It sucks, but it pays well.

Sending my oldest daughter to private school this year.  Keeping her away from boys.  Plus she's wicked smart.  My youngest daughter just turned 4, and she's completely evil.  I'm so proud.

Other news..... Willie Tell has a son of his own now.  Alaric is married.  Brain is engaged.  Loth was still loth last time I spoke with him, about a year ago.

COSSACK!!!!  send me a note you commie bastard Tongue

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads