*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:13:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  New Team/Site
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Team/Site  (Read 2693 times)
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« on: February 11, 2008, 06:28:38 pm »

Nevermind

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:37:42 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:30:05 pm »

Hey Cell LTNS!!

If you all are wondering is The Original Ghost Recon still being played, check out this little thing *Punisher just made. Watch esp at the last part with the fellow on the platform:

http://monoman.planetrainbowsix.gamespy.com/grpa_league/GhostRecon.mov

(BFG, and the rest of all of you that are "Legendary GHR Clan/Players..hope that takes you down memory lane, and maybe dust off that GHr installed and play with us!

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 01:43:41 pm »

Hehe well if your going to call me a 'legendary ghr player' it would almost be rude not to!! Wink  I have ironically just had a copy of GRAW2 arrive though my letter box yesterday morning, however watching that video it would be mighty fine to play just a few games again...
How well does GhR run on the Intel macs, hell i'd have to find my CD... easier said than done! Would be damn awsome to hook up with you old boys for an explosive ass kicking down memory lane though Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 06:22:45 pm »

Wow, it took me a while to figure out my damn login but here I am.  I just popped on because I ran GhR through Cider and IT WORKED!  The only large issue is that I can't get the pointer to go away in game which proves to be quite a pain while playing.  I've only worked on the configuration files a little bit but my little knowledge of gaming code makes it rather difficult to troubleshoot anything.  The upside is I was running with all the settings maxed out and it was holding fairly steady at 60FPS on my Macbook Pro whereas the same exact settings running GhR through Rosetta (besides the fact that the sound doesn't work) would probably give a framerate of less than 20.  So GhR through Cider is hopeful . . .

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:43:32 pm »

Wow, it took me a while to figure out my damn login but here I am.  I just popped on because I ran GhR through Cider and IT WORKED!  The only large issue is that I can't get the pointer to go away in game which proves to be quite a pain while playing.  I've only worked on the configuration files a little bit but my little knowledge of gaming code makes it rather difficult to troubleshoot anything.  The upside is I was running with all the settings maxed out and it was holding fairly steady at 60FPS on my Macbook Pro whereas the same exact settings running GhR through Rosetta (besides the fact that the sound doesn't work) would probably give a framerate of less than 20.  So GhR through Cider is hopeful . . .

You mean the PC version of GhR via Cider? And by Cider, do you actually mean VMWare Fusion/Parallels/CrossOver? You know, Cider is just an engine which helps port games to Intel-Macs, not something you can just install. Wink

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 01:15:38 am »

I mean Cider the wrapper that people have got their hands on and made many un-offical ports of games with.  It's fairly straightforward and works with all games that don't have intro movies (GhR of course is one of those if you shut it off).  You do need access to the PC Game via Parallels, Crossover ect. but once it's working on the mac side you don't need the PC version anymore.  I know people have done it with NFS, Farcry and others all with varying degrees of success.  Some give more graphical errors than others but I haven't noticed any in GhR yet besides the very annoying mouse problem.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:19:25 am by :MoD:Shade » Logged

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 04:59:26 pm »

Where's you find a Cider port of GhR?

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 10:43:41 pm »

You basically take a game that's been ported with Cider already (X3:Reunion, GameTap ect.) stuff the actual PC game (In this case I used GhR demo since it was smaller and free) and tell the Cider config file to look at the GhR game instead of the original and voila.  It's buggy but I couldn't believe it even worked at all.  I don't know what sort of troubleshooting (if any) you can do since you're not really dealing with the game files themselves just how cider handles them.  Give me a PM if want more info or the GhR cider port that I slapped together.

Edit - though this is not very legal - GhR is an old, forgotten outdated game and it would be much easier if Ubi or whoever just released the source code so people could be able to do whatever they want.  But since there is a fat chance of that happening then we get to play with it illegally in the meantime.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:45:44 pm by :MoD:Shade » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 06:01:15 pm »

you clever little bugger. well i bought copies of CoD4 and GRAW2 for the PC and it would be lovley not to have to boot up to windows to playem... !

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 09:12:54 pm »

Well, I read somewhere that GRAW2 just flat out won't work with this method of porting.  I'm not sure if it has intro movies that can't be skipped or what.  And COD4 is coming to Mac soon so the people that were working on getting it pseudo-ported aren't trying that hard anymore.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:13:20 pm »

After a tough fought season in CAL And CEVO  my team has decided to go different ways.  Some of the younger guys are looking to pursue "pro" status on other teams, and some of us older guys are looking to tone it down with a new squad.  All in all it was real fun and we learned a lot, but you know those real young ins.... always think they are better than they really are, but I wish them luck anyway.

Now for my old Mac brethren.  When the new season for www.teamwarfareleague.com  starts up, I will be putting together a team to play on the ladders.  If you look it up, you will notice that there are so many different ladders ranging from 5v5 S&D stock to Hardcore & modified gametypes.

Basically I am looking for a few good men.   All of you guys are welcome to join us on our comms/server and game it up and see if you fit in.  This is not going to be too serious.  We are geared towards fun gameplay with a competitive twist.

Currently our gameserver resides at - attackforcez.nuclearfallout.net  or 66.150.121.39:28960  - default port 28960

For any of you who dont know how to connect in the console.  Launch COD 4 , open console - the tilde key "~"
type: /connect 64.94.238.34:28960
hit enter/return

If your ever joining a server and it says this server is for low ping players only...most of the time it is a glitch.  Just open the console and type /reconnect

Our ventrilo server is atlanta-ventrilo.nuclearfallout.net - Port:22870

I also have server stats here:http://www.attackforcez.com/ultrastats/index.php?serverid=1

and we should soon be tracked at www.cod4tracker.com

Think about it.  Fun games to come.  Visit us at www.attackforcez.com
Cool

See you guys around.

Cell

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:37:12 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads