*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lack of motivation! Feeling unambitiously! How do you get over it?  (Read 1281 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: February 09, 2008, 06:33:41 pm »

I guess everyone of you know the situation when you have to do something, but for some reason you can't motivate yourself. You spend hours and hours browsing websites like an idiot, watch tv, play games, just do nothing that gonna help you to accomplish your goals. Beside that you may also feel tired and just want to do nothing.

In such situations sometimes music or movies gonna help me, but often too late in the evening. So when I go to bed I'm full of young ambition and plans but the next day when I wake up all my intentions to work harder on myself and/or projects are gone.

What do you do to get back on track and satisfy your ambitions? How do you motivate yourself?

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 10:03:05 pm »

Well.. here at the Retirement Center where I reside. I go down to the Activities Room. I yell "BINGO!!". I'm then motivated after I pick myself off the floor, just after being run over by a pack of 80 yr old women, in motorized chairs.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Spanke

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:06:22 pm »

Think of what you will receive when you accomplish your goals... it'll be worth it . also dont take too much stuff head on at once use "baby steps"
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 01:40:07 pm »

I guess everyone of you know the situation when you have to do something, but for some reason you can't motivate yourself. You spend hours and hours browsing websites like an idiot, watch tv, play games, just do nothing that gonna help you to accomplish your goals. Beside that you may also feel tired and just want to do nothing.

Hmmm, i know where your coming from mate. Sometimes it just seems that nothing will get you going, and it can be tough sat in front of a computer for hours and hours or with your head burried in a book of technical geekery!
I normally find a couple of different ways work best for me, but it probably is different for everyone. First thing is to break work up with somthing different. When i hit that point where im staring at the computer screen and my mind is just drifting i know its time to take a break, a ten minute walk around the block and a cuppa coffee does the trick. Plus varying the work makes a huge difference - most of all its down to doing the things that really interest you - its easiest to work when you feel really interested in what your doing, so i guess i would say concentrate on what really interests and excites you, and avoid the rest of it unless its a stepping stone to do more of what you enjoy!!
That and like spanke said, appreciate the goals, and each step to make towards them. 
I used to have exactly the same problem your talking about but i have found now the situation has become such that i simply don't have time for games etc, despite now because of my work having the money for the ability to appreciate them in their fullest (just put 8 more gigs of ram in the mac pro the other week Wink  )

im blathering on though, just waiting for the video to finish digitising Wink

In such situations sometimes music or movies gonna help me, but often too late in the evening. So when I go to bed I'm full of young ambition and plans but the next day when I wake up all my intentions to work harder on myself and/or projects are gone.

What do you do to get back on track and satisfy your ambitions? How do you motivate yourself?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads