*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:04:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Christians sue for right to be intolerate
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christians sue for right to be intolerate  (Read 5303 times)
cO.libre

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2006, 02:14:36 am »

kill 'em all.   clapping hands

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
PandabeaR

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2006, 06:11:51 pm »

Man, I really do hate religion with a very strong passion.

I hate anything that proliferates or exemplifies the inability of the average human to act upon, and to comprehend reason and rationality.

Hope you dont feel that way about faith.

About religious faith in general, yes I do, absolutely.  It is inherently irrational, and yet people choose the inherently irrational over other more supported, more logical, more parsimonious beliefs, and don't realize that their beliefs are less rational.  Go ahead and believe in what you want, but understand the nature of your beliefs, that maintaining them over more supported beliefs will always be irrational.

How does the saying go? Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2006, 06:23:29 pm »

Go ahead and believe in what you want, but understand the nature of your beliefs, that maintaining them over more supported beliefs will always be irrational.

Or rather you could just say... "Follow the sheep in front"? 

So back in the day when the 'supported belief' was that the planets of the solar system rotated around the earth, it would be stupid for an individual to actually believe that perhaps the earth and other planets of the solar system rotated around the sun.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
jerkasaur

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 10:35:07 am »

Man, I really do hate religion with a very strong passion.

I hate anything that proliferates or exemplifies the inability of the average human to act upon, and to comprehend reason and rationality.

Hope you dont feel that way about faith.

About religious faith in general, yes I do, absolutely.  It is inherently irrational, and yet people choose the inherently irrational over other more supported, more logical, more parsimonious beliefs, and don't realize that their beliefs are less rational.  Go ahead and believe in what you want, but understand the nature of your beliefs, that maintaining them over more supported beliefs will always be irrational.

How does the saying go? Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

That "saying" has been used so many times in this forum that it has lost all meaning. If you feel the need to call the people debating retarded, why not do so?

Oh ya, and Leen is retarded.

JK JK JK JK

not.
Ein

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2006, 12:01:55 am »

Or rather you could just say... "Follow the sheep in front"? 

So back in the day when the 'supported belief' was that the planets of the solar system rotated around the earth, it would be stupid for an individual to actually believe that perhaps the earth and other planets of the solar system rotated around the sun.

The Earth revolves around the sun? Blasphemy... BFG is a witch... Burn him.

He turned me into a newt....
...I got better

Ein

Funny, but lets stay on topic. The last 4 out of 5 posts have been spam. -Haz
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 01:31:29 am by *DAMN Hazard » Logged
DAMN Bondo

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2006, 08:50:14 am »

I'm choosing the path of responding to the first post and basically ignoring the rest.

Personally, as much as I think that line of Christianity is to be reviled, I think she's legally right. She should have the right to speak with content that is offensive to homosexuals. She shouldn't have the right to do so if it disrupts the educational experience which I suspect may be part of this specific situation. This is not a content argument so it isn't free speech. An instructor has the right to demand that students do not diminish the quality of the other students' education. This includes inflamatory statements directed at other students.

I don't concern myself too much with the "God Hates Fags" group, the Phelps family from Topeka...they seem busy coming to Colorado Springs to protest Focus on the Family and soldier's funerals. It just shows how insanely wacko they are that their targets in these cases are other groups that stand on the anti-gay side of the spectrum.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads