*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:02:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What if this was your father?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What if this was your father?  (Read 3329 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: March 29, 2006, 04:10:10 am »

What if you had someone like this in your family?

He's a drunk. Doesn't matter what his particular poison is, it's how he lives his life.

He's always broke. He has to borrow money to finance his nights out on the town. He tells the people he borrows from that he'll get them back sometime in the future.

He spends money he doesn't have on shit he doesn't need. And then tells his kids that he can't afford to send them to a good school or a good doctor because times are tough.

He's been known to get drunk and attack people who haven't done anything to him. Invariably, this gets him in fights that he can't win.

He goes off on benders and no one can find him for days. Once, while he was on one of these, part of his house flooded and his family had to go stay with relatives. He hasn't bothered to clean up that part of the house yet. It has been seven months now.

When any of his friends question his choices he loudly declares that either they are "with him or against him" and calls them cowards. When someone in the family questions him, he tells them that they are ungrateful and obviously don't care as much about the family as he does.

Ironically, he's the first guy to stand up in church on Sunday. He sings the loudest, even as his breath stinks of booze.

So now if you were his wife, would you stay with this guy?

If you were his kid, would you take fatherly advice from him?

If he was your brother-in-law, would you lend him money?

If you were his friend, would you even let him drive home?

So why would you vote for him and his kind to run this country?

This administration is full of drunks. The Republican party is the party of drunks. And anyone who votes for them is an enabler.

It's time to take away the keys before someone really gets hurt.

just in case your forgot that the midterm elections were coming

Stolen from http://terminal-boy.livejournal.com/1588.html
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:12:06 am by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 05:03:09 am »

Is it a bad sign if I guessed the punchline to this midway through the third line?

clapping hands

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:15:39 am »

I dont need cutesy analogies to realise when there's a problem.
America doesnt need armchair bloggers to see whats wrong.
They need leaders..not cheerleaders spouting tired slogans,
and being every bit as hateful as they accuse the 'other' side of being.

Smarmy, patronizing commentaries like this are pointless...
they dont convince me that the Republicans are Drunks...
they dont convince me that Kerry could have handled any of this any better.
they dont convince me that they can understand or articulate issues better
they dont enlighten me or anyone else
They cant convince me that they have the Golden plan to Fix Iraq, Global Warming, or Immigration
They dont show me a complex solution to a comlex problem
They dont show me the way out of the spiraling failure of ALL humanity..(ours and theirs)
they dont convice me that their maturity level would do my country any better.

I need one of these smart asses to stop being patronizing and bring me a qualified candiate.
One that doestn have bad habits, bad judgements, stunted ethics, brilliant spin teams...
One that cares about humanity, and not just the Election cycle to make them presidential.

Until you have that shining example...in your grasp..vetted and proven..
SHUT THE FUCK UP about the failure of the other guy,
get YOUR house in order and BRING ME SOMETHING BETTER.
Give me a Name of a Human with a formal solution,
not not anti idiological laundry list working the 'Ironic Comedy angle"
...we get it... we got it a long time ago.
SOLVE something..dont fucking sit around bitching for 8 years...
it makes me not even want to HEAR your opinion,
much less side with you on it..its so repetitive and boring.
Show me the Shining Democratic leader that will fix ALL of this for me, and he'll get my vote.
Guess what, you dont have one. Hillary? HAHAHA who else? NAMES PLEASE..AL GORE? ok...sure.

You think you got that guy that can make it all better?
Im betting you dont know if you do or not..
and neither did we when we brought this administration in.

Being Democratic certainly wouldnt prevent much of what is happening...
Fucking SHOW me a candidate that CAN do it better.
they are out there, GO FIND EM..BRING EM TO ME.
But don't preach at me for fucks sake..we are all so way past that... really.

****The administration is full of drunks, the republican party is full of drunks.***
Really? all of em..wow...i think ill need some proof of that please..or else youre just using an insult relevant to ONE person and using that to bullshit us into thinkin that you have an actual point. The president drink/drank whatever...so fucking what? Does he drink for ALL the republicans?
They are ALL dry drunks out of control? of my approxiamte 30 odd regular acquaintances, i find the Republicans ACTUALLY drink WAYYY FUCKING less than my Democratic friends..smoke less pot, snort a whole lot less cocaine, make better money and have better educations, and smoke less cigarettes too. But im sure you dont think my average life is a valid sample..becuase it doesnt complement your assertion. Too Bad.

Sixhits, thats about as unenlightened as anything ive seen you post..
Wanna convince me of something..then BRING me something.
Insults are paper tigers...Anyone can fold one together and
then copy/paste an opinion from someone elses MySpace page...so what?
Did the guy who wrote that tell us WHo exactly we're suposed to vote for next time?
Or i guess ACTUAL solutions arent as important as 'internet intellectualism'...
generalizations are all you need, becuase its just..that...simple...

Most of us are grown up enough to recognize a bad administration when we see it. OK?

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:45:10 am »

Holy shit.

I think I remember why I left this place...

Thanks for the friendly reminder, Sheix.

IN THE WORDS OF MY GENERATION: "I'm going back to sleep!"

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 07:12:21 am »

Sorry for wasting your time by getting passionate about wanting some solutions instead of the droning monotonous repetitious coffehouse whining...Im tired of it. Our problems are deep enough that we could use some adult discussion, and not smarmy insult politics..thats lame-ASS. And thats not so much To SixHits as it is to the general tone of the political landscape right now. All bitching and no solutions..
Im sure that wasnt clear in my first response...the anger's not at SixHits..although it sounded like it...

And PIE, if a little heat in a political debate is too much for you, its probably better for you, and anyone who DOES care enough to get passionate, that you make yourself scarce anyways... especially on political topics... Theres no room for apathy in this one. Offering up a two line post about the direction of our country doesnt show me that you give a shit anyways, so maybe this debate wasnt meant for you after all..

OK, as usual..i went long on something im passionate about..and probably risked losing the audience for it..heres a condensed version of what Im getting at, and you tell me there's not some validity in what im saying:

What if you had someone like this in your family, A step-Father.  When your mom met him, you thought he was a nice guy and you encouraged her to marry him..untill one day, he showed his true colors....you are powerless to change him. You are powerless to leave. You are 16, and you have Two more years before you can move out. You are stuck with this drunk...for now.
He gets drunk in public, so everyone knows. He causes fights, so everyone hates your family. He beats your mom, so everyone sees the bruises. he has the entire town afraid of him, because hes so volatile...Even his friends are afraid to cross him...thats how crazy he is...

But guess what, you're stuck with him for Two more years.

When you go to the grocery store..people point and laugh..HAHAH YOUR STEP-FATHERS A DRUNKEN FOOL!!

You duck out, and head to the library..in hushed tones, you can hear people whispers...hey, isnt that the Kid with the drunken step-father??

remember, Youre STUCK...Two more years..

You go to school...the Kids start a chant..Hey Hey Flunkie, your step-dad's a Drunkie...it wont stop..so you go to the teacher..and she says.."Well, if your father wasnt such a drunken idiot people wouldnt make fun of you...

At your wits end, you go the your local priest, and instead of any helpful advice, he says...well son, its your lot to suffer...and then gives you that serenity prayer bullshit..about changing the things you can, and not worrying about the things you cant..

So now, here we are..Kids at his wits end...In all of those scenarios...did anyone offer a solution for him? No. Could they have? Yes. Did they tell you anything you didnt already know about your Father?? No. Did they enlighten you somehow..by making fun of him? No. Was it like a beat down to have everyone gleefully, and sort of maliciously announce that your dad's a drunk, when you, your mom, and your sibling already KNOW hes a drunk? yeah just a bit..

Tired of hearing about it?...Abso-fucking-lutely.

There, I hope that makes my point in such a way, that it wont seem like such a personal attack against Sixhits. Because it wasnt..really...

In reality, the anger in my response, was to him, as if he were one of those town-people, who are feeling sooo superior to me and my family at the moment..becuase perhaps they dont have a drunk in the family, and have no capacity for compassion for my mother or my little sister...who are stuck, just like i am...only maybe worse..And they dont know what he was like before like i did..before the change..back when we all liked him.

And those people feeling so smug..pretending theyre doing me a favor by reveling in my stuck position.. theyre almost celebrating my suffereing. Even from the teacher and the priest, who offered zero guidance, zero advice, zero solutions..  Just more judgement. They claim they are better people, without fault, without guile, without judgement, without malice..you know its bullshit. Theyre as hateful as your stepfather, and youre stuck between them.

Youre 16,  youre stuck, and you got two more years to go...when those two years are up..you know what you gotta do.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 12:16:21 pm by (SiX)Sheixhundt » Logged

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 05:12:44 pm »

And PIE, if a little heat in a political debate is too much for you, its probably better for you, and anyone who DOES care enough to get passionate, that you make yourself scarce anyways... especially on political topics... Theres no room for apathy in this one. Offering up a two line post about the direction of our country doesnt show me that you give a shit anyways, so maybe this debate wasnt meant for you after all..

Sheix, while you may think I'm apathetic about politics, that's far from the truth. The difference between you and I is that I don't waste my energy ass-raping a macintosh gaming site forum post just because of something which I find to so absurd an argument that I can't even consider it to be an argument at all. To claim that the Republican party is full of drunks just because Bush had a few drinks in his lifetime is doing my job of taking the post apart brick by brick for me. If anyone thinks that this is anything more than an amusing analogy (which stretches the truth pretty far... let's not kid ourselves...), then I really don't have the desire to show them that they're idiots; the world will do that for me in good time (though the only problem with that is that I'm dead set on the belief that at least 90% of people are idiots, too).

If we can't start seeing the world with some humor (cough*Danish Cartoons*cough), then we're all fucked.
Likewise, if we feel obligated to acknowledge every dumbass analogy put on the net... then we're all fucked.

Gimme more Cheers, douchebag.

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 05:32:41 pm »

You were so busy reading the words that you missed the point under 'em.
It wasnt about his post or drunken republicans.
It was about the entire spectrum of insult politics.
I wasnt addressing people who would feel put out by someone who addresses a politcal post...
I mean replying to Posted topics SURELY isnt what forums are all about are they? that would be silly.

And this aint hte gaming section of DAMN either, so i know i wasnt in the wrong place.
Fuck.... keep on movin on then...or at least be consistent and have some balls to point out what an idiotic post that was in the first place, which is all i did in long form..

It wasnt about SixHits, it was about the entire state of debate and or consideration
of not just THAT post, but the theme underlying it.

Being tired of the tone of ALL political discussion concernimg my president,
i got something to say about it.

And when i respond, im addressing the universe..about my beliefs..could care less who, if anyone reads it..so applying thought to any subject isnt wasted energy to me. I type fast enought that its not wasting time either.

Douchebag?

Fuck you.

BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 05:59:32 pm »

The most ironic thing about that is it pretty much summizes Ted Kennedy, yet the democrats love that guy.  Good find sixhits in pointing out that both sides of government are fucktards, and to chastise one whole side is just as stupid as following the whole of another.

Wewt

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
jerkasaur

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 06:34:41 pm »

Vote green. 5% for federal funding baby.
KoS.Rebs
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 06:57:50 pm »

Forums battles over politics are like the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

And pie, this is the first time ive check these forums in a while and I realized its why I left too, people worried about pointless politics they cant change.

Rebs two cents.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 07:08:19 pm »

Reb, I know all them big words hurt your face.
No worries tho..things are running fine without you.

move along.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 01:01:27 am »

Ironically, these discussions are the only reason I stay on these boards. Grin I personally try to stay away from getting too heated over these political debates... but it's always interesting reading up on both sides.  I do plenty for the democratic party outside of these forums Grin

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
cO.libre

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 05:07:16 am »

after sheix's speech i have been convinced to go out and buy myself a new cowboy hat.
maybe i can borrow one from twist ..

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
PandabeaR

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 07:12:01 pm »

Lets see the left offer something better. Then I may think of supporting somone else. In the mean time - I will still become annoyed when I hear endless bitching and no solutions being offered.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 06:08:36 am »

Watch the flames and get back on topic or I'm just gonna lock this shit pile.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 07:25:19 am »

Watch the flames and get back on topic or I'm just gonna lock this shit pile.

No one REALLY wants to discuss the issue anyways... ie "Insult politics"
They just wanted to throw flaming footballs and then
run away without dealing with the can of worms they opened.

Pretty Chicken-S to drop that post, and then not have the stones to come defend it...

That first post (ie....the insult as a rationale for a political position),
then having the whole thing summarized as a 'shitpile'
is why no one wants to discuss this stuff thoroughly enough to fix anything.
THATS why America is going to shit.

Yeah, theres some heat...we need heat.
At least you can tell who gives a shit, and who's just throwing rocks..

Lock it if you think you need to.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 12:17:58 pm »

I need one of these smart asses to stop being patronizing and bring me a qualified candiate.
One that doestn have bad habits, bad judgements, stunted ethics, brilliant spin teams...
One that cares about humanity, and not just the Election cycle to make them presidential.

What concerns me in these things is that it isn't just the candidate.. ok its a democracy and you get to pick your candidate etc, but what about all his/her (if only it was a her for once) aides and assistance, advisers and sneaky f*cking little buggers that lurk in the shadows?

Hey shit to buggery we don't even pick our prime minister, we pick a party (and i guess he comes with it... kinda) which would be fine if the tard didn't think he was the president of the UK.

So many politicians are filth - republic, democratic, conservative labour or whatever. There are definatly some who arn't, who are genuinely good guys. but will they ever really get given a chance? is there really a hope in hell when you have such a dirty assed relationship of politicians, money and commercial interests. Money money and filthy pieces of shit with no morals who will do whatever they can to line their own pockets, the pockets of their friends or perhaps just force their believes on others in some twisted kinda power trip, or struggle to retain power. Its enough to make you throw up over yourself.

And when people stand up and question what is going on, (only the other day i read about a couple of senior american academics who wrote an incredible paper on the pro-israeli lobby in the US and the influence and power of religious and economic groups), they are shot down, (in that case they were labeled anti-semetic oh and all the normal unpatriotic shit or whatever.

Oh and over here? we have 'PFI's private finance Initiatives, hey heres a good idea lets privatise everything so companies can make money out of not teaching our kids.... nonono i won't go on im too mad.

Are the Democrats in the US squeaky clean? Bullshit they are, i just guess on the whole they aren't quite as repulsive as some Republicans.

Is labour a clean party in the UK, or even the Lib-dems? No Labour stinks, blair leads them increasingly towards the pits of the conservatives. and the lib-dems? not squeaky clean im sure, but right now considering what i see in the world of politics, they at least brushed up not smelling of shit.

Its just disgusting.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 10:26:20 am »

If my father proposed to cut funding for breast cancer research and funding to detect breast cancer early on for young women I would quite literally and honestly beat him with a rubber hose until he could no longer move.  I learn new things about Bush everyday that just make me want to pound his nuts up his throat.  Then again my father wouldn't do that because a) he's not a religious nut-job (though he does go to church), b) he's not a wealthy oil tycoon in search for more (though he does pay taxes and does have a job), c) he's not evil and cold-hearted (though his hatred toward bush may be considered cold-hearted and evil) and lastly, d) he does not have a "perfect" family where nobody gets cancer and nobody is gay...  I wonder what Bush would do if his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer tomorrow, that answer is simple.

Any party which supports a member who tries/is trying to cut funding for cancer research can go fuck itself.

I see the next republican campaign...

Lower taxes for the rich and cut cancer research funding! clapping hands
Vote Republican 2008! clapping hands

cold-hearted bastards!

see: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/MED/content/MED_2_1x_American_Cancer_Society_Reacts_to_Presidents_Proposed_Budget.asp
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 09:56:30 pm by cO.luna-c » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 05:03:57 am »

Calling a huge group of people, "drunks" is not only the most ignorant thing i've ever heard it's just insane.
Maybe you should think before you post things on this, we are not all liberals here.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 05:26:08 am »

i probably should have said what i said like he said it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads