*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:21:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!)
| | |-+  *DAMN Mod Section (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, Toby, Casper, BFG)
| | | |-+  RS maps on RvS
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RS maps on RvS  (Read 4224 times)
|MP|Cringe

« on: December 21, 2003, 06:42:36 pm »

Browsing around on the pc raven shield sites, ive come across several ports of rs maps to rvs. Through trial and error with Virtual PC, the maps that come as a .exe are such because rvs has no convenient "Mods" folder to speak of, so the installer just places the files where they belong. By installing into an empty folder in vpc, i managed to get the files out, and know where they had to go. Then i just dropped them in their proper folders, and rvs played the maps perfectly. The pc and mac versions of rvs use the exact same data files, so most of the work is done for us in porting maps from rvs to rs. However, these maps often come in map packs, and all the maps in that pack share some large textures and system files, creating an issue when trying to use multiple packs, since they share the same name in different packs.
So, ive created this thread to consolidate the effort to create/port maps to mac rvs. Grin

Evill: Rapid, stfu.
Toby

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 01:07:46 am »

I know this isn't strictly on the same topic - but I'd like to expand this to all maps that people have got working from the PC side. As my Virtual PC is down thanks to 10.3.2, the only ones I've found that aren't .exes are:

WeaponsCache (big and cool)
IG_Venice (Port of Venice mission from Urban Operations) - nice
Close Quarter (which is insane)

No clashes from any of these.

I'll keep looking.
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 03:53:43 pm »

RvS uses the old, drop the folder where it goes  idea. I mean, thats why the guys put it into a .exe so it would be way easier. So mabe ill port some over for mac then put it on a page if i can ever get my .mac working agian... Sad

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 04:52:24 pm »

I have some of the maps done and on my site.

Click Here

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
iblisajinn

Fire Spirit.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 02:10:23 am »

Nice!  Thanks for the new maps!  Anyone else feel the maps in RvS are a little weak compared to Rogue Spear?
Toby

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 06:24:56 am »

I agree. The maps are OK - and there are a couple of good ones, but no classics that we'll be pleading for them to convert to Rainbow Six 4.

Getting back to the RS/RVS topic, though - in terms of Hunter Johny's maps - I can get some of them to work - just not the space shuttle (argh) graveyard snow base or training maps. For some odd reason I can't get chemical compound to work in MP, but Storage Depot and Bunkers (Day) work fine.

Other remakes: The IG Venice map is also pretty good - but they're just imported the textures from RS so it's a little fuzzy. The Met remake is one only in name. The geometry might be the same, but the level just isn't as good as the original, I'm afraid. IG Embassy map is pretty good, but the rooms are all bare - and it's being properly remade in Athena Sword anyway.

The best of the GR remakes (IMHO) is IG Olsen's Estate. You can't shoot through the front windows, unfortunately, but the map's fun - and there were some nasty tango placements as well.
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 03:43:17 pm »

I got all of Hunter Johny's maps up. This includes:
Bunkers Day and Night -- although I get terrible frame rate on this map
Storage Depot
Old Train Tracks
Chemical Compound
Snow Base
Training Maze
GraveYard

I should have a beta version of De Dust and Space Shuttle up later today.

Tody, I can't remember all the maps for R6 and RS. If you don't mind, could you list some of the maps for RvS that were part of R6 and RS.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Toby

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 09:32:35 pm »

You, sir, are a star. Have you tried them in multiplayer?

The RS/R6 etc maps currently in circulation for RVS (in no particular order)

Classic Training Maps (R6/RS)
Oil Rig (RS)
Siberian Base 1 (In community map pack 3) (RS)
Covert Ops Hospital (CO)
Killhouse Double (RS)
City Street Small (Black Thorn)
Hacienda (R6/RS)
Mint Map (R6/RS)
Office Building (Black Thorn)
Trailer Park (only a passing resemblance to a CO map)

Those are all from www.ravenshieldmods.com - if I've forgotten any, please chime in.
I'd love to see you convert the Japan map - it looks very nice and I couldn't get it to work on mine.

Thanks again for hosting these maps!

Toby
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 10:30:28 am »

I test all the maps in multiplayer with Team Survival. I have the Sib Base 1 map, just haven't put it up. I saw a Mint map but it wasn't a remake it was a totally new map.

MainMaN

moo

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 05:52:45 pm »

heh, i hosted some famous maps from other games and i found a problem. Everytime i wana host a room will modded maps in a rotation i gota say every little thing example. map1 map 2 map3 map4 @ monoans.. blah blah.....  so mb could u make a small map pack?

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 03:51:10 am »

What maps do you want in a pack?

iblisajinn

Fire Spirit.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 05:17:19 am »

"What maps do you want in a pack? "

Personally, either a collection of maps from R6 and RS, or one sorted by "theme" - ie, one building maps like Mint/Embassy/Opera House, outdoor areas, etc.

Again, thanks for working on these conversions.
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 06:58:18 am »

At the moment the UO Map Pack has 8 R6/RS maps. I will do a complete RS pack when I have gotten more of the RS maps. Also, having a pack with only building maps would include all the maps on my site except 2.  Smiley I could do a pack of only cqb maps.

mainman2lazy
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 05:50:35 pm »

well,

i kinda ran with it, and made a nice little pak, only 20 mbs has some maps from ur site monoman, and some ive brough'n in from the pc world. Its has assault,italy (cs maps), death valley (a hudge sniper canyon map) Combat Facility, and my favorit speedball. I found some simple graphic glitches from some of thoose maps so i went ahead and fixed them on my pc. Also i found ways to remove the auto download from server and redorecting thing. Its a fun little pack, played it all last night!
You can DL it here http://sparkmaps.cjb.net. One problem, u cant use them in roation =( but its a great pack!

Monoman, if you ever need any helping in modding rvs or anything i would love to contribute to your site.
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 06:31:06 pm »

Either catch me on GR or e-mail me and I will put up whatever map you got. For the autodownload, all I did was redirect the download to a better server so it doesn't lag when I'm hosting.

Also, I have made a simple request form on my site for maps.

P.S. Did you want me to put your Spark pack up?

MainMaN

moo

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 11:54:44 pm »

sure, thanks... trying to find you on gr no luck, any time in particular ur around?

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2004, 01:57:26 am »

What maps can you not add to the rotation?

I'm normally on late at night, but lately in the morning.

MainMaN

moo

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2004, 02:29:00 am »

none. I gota quit RvS to open up. And the maps arnt the problem.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2004, 04:02:35 am »

Monoman, I love your site and all of the ported maps! I'm going to post the link to the map pack in the General Gossip, since it'll be better seen there.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2004, 07:51:38 am »

Hey monoman,

U have a nice site there with some great maps.  I have some other I would like to add to that that I have been recently working on.
1. Bordertown = A sweet mexican across the border map.  Single or multi
2. Zen = A remade one with some sweet Japanese pics in it. Multi only
3.  canals of Venice = the remade RS UO map that everyone loves but it's nightime.  Single or multi
4. Weapons Deal = Great close quarters mod for Rvs. Single or multi

I have quite a few more I am still working on the bugs with, but if you would like these, let me know on this thread.

:MoD:Saberian
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 07:54:00 am by :MoD:Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads