*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:11:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Having a Nade Problem in Ghost Recon
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Having a Nade Problem in Ghost Recon  (Read 2048 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: November 16, 2003, 05:07:16 am »

I'm having a problem using nades when I host Ghost Recon games in GameRanger.  Just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas on how I can get my server to stop crashing when using them.  I have a 1.8GHz G5, 512 MB RAM, with OS 10.3 Panther installed.  It only crashes me when I am hosting, not when in another server's game.  It never crashed me on my G3 iMac with 512 MB RAM and Panther installed.  I have tried reinstalling the game several times, so I don't think that is it.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!  Also, I am on a 1.0 mbit Cable Modem.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 03:49:19 am »

Well, you didn't give us your upload, and download speed... If anything I guess you have a cable connection...

Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Blitz

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 06:44:15 am »

Final question is, how many of your neighbors have cable?

Blitz Cool

Blitz

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 07:00:01 am »

Do.  I have ADSL, and it works great when i host LAN parties. Another problem could be apps open, and even the RAM being used.  You have 512 mb of RAM.  Most servers have at least that amount or greater.  But for now, get rid of the Cable/56k hell, and get DSL, and better yet spend the extra 30 bucks and get a t1 line! w00t!

Blitz Cool

th.Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 04:19:11 pm »

Ghost, most ISP's give multiple options to a connection, here in Belgium the main cable ISP is Telenet.
You can choose between:
- Home connection:
4Mbps down / 128 Kbps up (standard) > option: upgrade to 192 Kbps up (costs 10 euro more) (up and download limit...  Angry )
and the option of 1, 2 or 4 connections
- Professional connection:
option 1: 4Mbps down / 192 Kbps up (no upgrade possible), 10 connections and a better line
option 2: 4Mbps down / 192 Kbps up (upgrade to 320 Kbps up), 20 connections ...
option 3: 4Mbps down / 256 Kbps up (upgrade to 512 Kbps up), 40 connections
(and also up- and download limit on all options which SUCKS!!!!)
the prices go up with the speed you get.

What I wanna point out is that your ISP prolly offers some professional options, maybe you should look in to that... maybe there is a connection which isn't that much more to pay for... dunno... I'm from Belgium, look @ your ISP's website...

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
=wL= Femme

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 02:53:46 am »

Before you jump to the connection conclusion....

Have you tried simply hosting yourself and nading? Does it crash then? Or only when others are connected?

Men have a much better time of it than women: for one thing they marry later; for another thing they die earlier.
 - H.L. Mencken
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 03:12:38 am »

It doesn't do it when I play single player.  Only when I host.  And tonight I even crashed when I was in a game with other players and everyone was nading heavily.  That's why I figure it is probably my connection.  I'm on a 1000 kbps download/200 kbps upload cable modem.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 09:47:22 am »

I have ADSL, and it works great when i host LAN parties

forgive me i am half asleep but do you not use ethernet for lan gatherings rather than playing over the internet?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
th.Sentinel

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 11:45:29 am »

I'm on a 4Mbps down/192Kbps up, on a G3 300Mhz 32 Mb Graphics card with 512 ram or an iMac 500 Mhz 8 Mb Graphics card with 1024 ram.

I can host for 10 ppl, with nades on. And it never (wel almost never  Wink ) crashes... Maybe its your ghost recon settings: have you tried setting the bulletholes to 25 instead of 100, show deadbodys off and more of that screen stuff?

If you allrdy did that... try reinstalling ghost recon.

I don't know why you keep crashing, because when I play on your host, I almost never have any lag. So that's why I think its prolly your ghost recon settings instead of your connection.

Or maybe your G5 is buggy  Wink , do you use it for anything else then gaming? Photoshop? 3d progs?

Well I hope you can fix it, because I want nades on your host!!!!

th.Sent Grin Grin

(LOL, when I tried to post it, it said: you are not allowed to post in this section... Ace moved it during my reply!!!  Angry  Grin)

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 04:08:21 pm »

Yeah, I've tried all kinds of changes, Sent.  I set every screen setting to low on Ghost Recon, I turned dead bodies and blood off, and I reinstalled the game several times (5 times to be exact).  I'll try setting the bullett count lower when I get home tonight.  It never crashes when I play single-player mode, usually only when I host (although it did crash last night on Harvey's server when there was a bunch of nade spamming).  Unbelievable that a 1.8GHz G5 would crash like that.  I do use it for other things.....Photoshop 7 mainly.....but I turn all other applications off before I get on GameRanger.  Maybe I need to upgrade my RAM too....I'm using the stock 512MB.  I had 512MB on my 600MHz G3 iMac too but I never crashed when hosting on it and I have the same cable connection, modem, etc, that I had then.  But maybe the G5 requires a bigger RAM supply.

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2003, 02:43:41 pm »

Hey ghost you have to remember im running the same amount of ram just on the dual 1.8.
I still think it might be your isp

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2003, 03:29:04 pm »

Yeah, Harvey.....I'm comming to the conclusion that it's my ip too.....now, how to get my wife to think I really need a T1 line.....

th.Sentinel

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 02:37:09 pm »

But you were able to host with your little iMac

Are there lots of ppl using cable internet in your neighbourhood? Mb that's a reason...

Here are is a suggestion to tell your wife:
"You need the T1 line so you can download all the kamasutra video's to test out in bed... umm prolly not a good suggestion " (how do you like the smiley? Grin )

"You need the T1 for work, they need someone to keep an eye on the office, and the only way you can do that is by getting a T1 line, they are more secure... maybe she could fall for that... "

"You need a T1 for work, because they took some big pics of new trucks, and because you're the only one with a G5 you can edit them with Photoshop and sent them back."

I'll try to come up with some more reasons... as long as you get the T1 Grin

th.Sent
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 02:38:43 pm by |GM|th.Sentinel » Logged

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2003, 08:24:55 pm »

On the inside of your G5 is a piece of tape that needs to be removed. If not your clock speed of the machine wont run at full speed. Make sure you did this as it may be a problem for hosting. Read through paperwork to find out where it is.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2003, 01:48:25 am »

Hmmm....piece of tape inside my G5???  I havn't heard that one before.  Anybody else with a G5 not know about this one?

macuser1984

Mac User Since 1984!

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2003, 04:36:12 pm »

Try doing what Apple tells me to do everytime I have a problem....just reformat your hard drive and reinstall EVERYTHING!

Diplomats are just as essential in starting a war as soldiers are in finishing it.

--Will Rogers--
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2003, 05:28:41 pm »

I have spoken with several other owners of G5's and none of them have heard about this piece of tape inside my computer.  I guess I will have to call Apple about it and ask them---hopefully they don't tell me to reformat my hard drive!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 05:29:12 pm by |GM|GhostSniper » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads