*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:37:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEED HELP - CoD & CoD:UO Serial Number Question  (Read 3156 times)
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« on: April 16, 2005, 09:34:59 pm »

Hey fellas, I need a very important question answered ASAP regarding these 2 games with respect to serial number.  Instead of typing the question here, i have already posted a thread at Macgamer.com in the Games section, but no one answered me yet and so I am hoping some of you might help.  You can see the thread here, please answer ASAP, thanks all.

The King of Pistoleros
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 10:12:47 pm »

He will have to purchase the original. I know that other games like RvS for the PC had the Athena expansion and I had to enter both serial numbers in order to play the game.

What I would do is buy the expansion and try joining one of the UO games. If it asks for a serial for CoD then go and buy the PC versioin @19.99 just for the serial number.  Lips Sealed

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 11:49:48 pm »

Thats brilliant!! I never thought of that, thanks VOODOO.  But, I have to ask, if its a serial for the PC version of the game, are you sure it will work for the Mac version of the game?  I am just thinkingh maybe Aspyr only made a certain # of serials that perhaps start with certain number or have some kind of pattern to them that make it specific only to be used on Mac.  I dunno, just thinking.....but great advice thanks bud.

The King of Pistoleros
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 03:01:23 am »

I cant say if it will work or not...but in theory it sounds good.  Grin

Adult Gamers Alliance
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 04:47:48 am »

Thought you might like to know, some idiot on Macgamer replied to my post on their forums and needless to say, I gave him a piece of my mind.  If you guys are interested in reading it, just click on the link on my first post.

The King of Pistoleros
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 12:17:53 pm »

The pc version key will work. My original cod is a pc version key. Any game that uses gamespy this will be the case as its too costy for them to run different cheks on mac and pc serials.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 12:35:58 pm »

while we're at it... would a PC-version serial work for the Mac-version of BF1942 and its addons?

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 12:52:25 pm »

Don't take this as 100% certain but i believe the answer is yes on both counts - the serial system for the mac/pc is exactly the same - the game has been ported obviously so it will run on the mac but they still use the same registry system (ie serials etc) therefore you should find that the serials (as long as they are valid) will work on whatever platform you use.

good luck though Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 03:35:13 pm »

yes civic it will
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 05:31:54 pm »

Don't take this as 100% certain but i believe the answer is yes on both counts - the serial system for the mac/pc is exactly the same - the game has been ported obviously so it will run on the mac but they still use the same registry system (ie serials etc) therefore you should find that the serials (as long as they are valid) will work on whatever platform you use.

good luck though Smiley

echo....echo....echo...echo...

Adult Gamers Alliance
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 07:53:33 pm »

Thats awsome news....and I don't mean to doubt or question any of you but I have to ask...some here feel that it most likely will work and Sinister seems absolutely sure that it will.  I would like to know if anyone here has actually done it, so tehy know 100% for sure without any doubt that it will FOR SURE work.  Can any of you say this?

The King of Pistoleros
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 10:03:42 pm »

I havnt actually tried with uo but as I said I am currently using a PC cd-key with my mac Call of Duty.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 11:46:10 pm »

I havnt actually tried with uo but as I said I am currently using a PC cd-key with my mac Call of Duty.

and no problems?

The King of Pistoleros
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 12:41:12 am »

none, was playing just 2 hours ago.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 04:43:15 am »

none, was playing just 2 hours ago.

although you haven't tried it with a PC serail key with UO, have you played UO with the PC serial key of the original CoD game? with no probs?

The King of Pistoleros
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 08:52:30 am »

Nomad if CoD worked with the PC serial you can bet your Mac that UO will as well - there was just a tiny possibility of there being a problem - but its QIII engine and if CoD is working with a serial from a pc copy it will definatly work for UO -  the addon is only adding maps and guns etc - its not changing anything in the system like the registry service for the serials.

So don't fret it will work!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 12:20:00 am »

Thanks for the help you guys, however, my bro being that he didn't want to take any chances YESTERDAY bought both Mac copies of the game and installed them and we are playing now...that's the most important thing.  I appreciate everyone trying to help and give their input, truly I do.

The King of Pistoleros
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 06:40:45 pm »

Thats brilliant!! I never thought of that, thanks VOODOO.  But, I have to ask, if its a serial for the PC version of the game, are you sure it will work for the Mac version of the game?  I am just thinkingh maybe Aspyr only made a certain # of serials that perhaps start with certain number or have some kind of pattern to them that make it specific only to be used on Mac.  I dunno, just thinking.....but great advice thanks bud.

It will.  I basicly did the same thing.  Bought UO, but ripped CoD, and then got a serial from a PeeCee friend who has 28k Dialup, so didn't have any use for MP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads