*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:39:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Best Kit Item Combos?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Kit Item Combos?  (Read 4254 times)
|MP|Cringe

« on: October 24, 2002, 07:46:56 am »

Embarrassed
Since there are already the fav primaries and fav secondaries, I'm just starting the next one: What do you think is the best combination of kit items to use in a mp game?
ive been using nade/hbs for a while and its getting a little boring, so i was wondering what other (better!) rs players use. Huh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2002, 05:06:32 pm by Cringe » Logged

Evill: Rapid, stfu.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 07:05:13 pm »

Well, I find a HB and HB Jammer a great combo.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Flame

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 10:02:17 pm »

It really depends on the map and who you're against. If noobs that don't know how to jam, or people who just don't wanna jam, an hbs is useful. Also, if you're carrying a sniper gun, or an assualt gun (m14 or g3a3), with limited rounds, prim mags are good. Usually I carry a jammer and either frags (for suinading) or prim mags.
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 11:00:14 pm »

HB and jammer are very affective when you want to use jammer and they shoot they need to reload and you should shoot them and also HB obviously tells you where enemy is (if they dont use jammer).

Retired Mac RS Player.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2002, 01:51:43 am »

Against veterans and elites I carry a pack of grenades and a stand-alone (SA) jammer because more likely than not, they are carrying a stand-alone hbs and a stand-alone jammer meaning that your hbs will probably be neutralized.

Against newbies, if I feel like toying with them, I will carry two packs of frags. If I want to be serious, a SAHBS and a pack of frags.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
electronicjo
Special Forces

up from a sub 60 feet below...

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2002, 02:40:33 am »

Depending on the situation, if you feel like nade whoring, camping, sniping, or just messing around with HB devices, the usual kit for skilled players is grenades and a SA HB jammer.

Camping kit: C4(duh), and a jammer, so your position won't be compromised. You might want to try a handle-held jammer if you're a camper on the move. However, it's good to have a camper buddy, so your partner can carry other devices.

Sniping kit: Primary mags and frags.  If you know where to snipe, you won't need a jammer.

I've seen someone have the combination of C4 and HB pucks, very dangerous if you rely on HBS...muhahaha.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2002, 02:42:37 am »

I personally use the PDW, the mark .40, frags, and mainly a heartbeat sensor and occasionally a SA HB sensor jammer. I don't use primary mags because I rarely have the need for them because either im dead before I can use them or the game is over, for secondary mags the same thing. So I stick with nades, and a SA hb sensor or a heartbeat sensor.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2002, 04:09:53 pm »

I dont like it when people just use PDW

i thin the gun is cheap PERIOD

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2002, 04:22:33 pm »

Well it's the gun I've used ever since my PC days so im just used to it, although i often switch guns for tarding Wink. And SK as I recall when playing with you, you were using a PDW.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2002, 12:25:39 am »

i usually have frags in slot 3 on the kit(1 and 2 are the guns) and then i will have either sa hbs, hbs, or flashbangs. i keep the hbs in the 4th slot so when i hit the next weapon button (space bar for me) i swich to the primary

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
<FBI>Viper
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2002, 01:13:53 am »

best kit combos are sa hb jammer and hbs or hbs and frag.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2002, 08:24:01 am »

SK, the PDW isn't cheap considering otherr guns in RS. When I was playing at my best, about 5 months ago, I used the HK MP5A4. Its exellent against PDWs, more power. Just lacks the high rate of fire.

Btw, Haz; I have a thing about people touching my posts without PMing me with a list of reasons.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 06:00:01 am by Typhy T » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2002, 10:50:03 am »

for me the kit just depends on what mood i'm in since i get bored alot,
General kit, cold pizza and some heineken
general c4 camping, jammer + c4
camping without 3rd person, stationary jammer and sensor for "ambushing"
for BS, 2 packs of pucks for gliding
If i'm concentrating on winning i usualy don't use kit items, it just slows the rush down

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2002, 09:11:16 pm »

yah RS gets a little little old so i tend to have fun games little c4 wars,  saw wars and other fun games woot!

-hehe , sk

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
|MP|Cringe

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2002, 06:29:39 am »

in terms of Lag Gunning when you're bored, i use the hk 21e3, or whatever its called, on 3 round burst. The Ultimate BS Gun.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2002, 07:57:02 am »

I dunno. Personaly, I hate all multiplayer mods, I hate server side maps, I hate lag guns, and I hate campers. I just like good solid RS. I've played tons of RS throughout my time, normal RS just doesn't get boring for me. Thats the thing that I miss most not being on GameRanger. Now, whenever I join a game, thats where I stay, if their doing server side maps, have a mod on, or have idiots in the game who camp with C4 and shit like that, I have to decide wether I can stand it, or wether I need to do somthing other than play RS. Rather annoying. A great kit for a rusher is Jammer and HB sencor. Spot the dude on the HB, then get out your jammer, rush them, as soon as you get close enough, grab out your primary and prefire their ass away. The Jammer makes it so that they won't be waiting for you.

|MP|Cringe

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2002, 06:33:15 am »

aww Typhy, ur no fun, mods and serverside maps add a lighter side to rs, and often lighten up a boring host.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2002, 07:13:40 am »

I said that I personaly perfer hosts with none of that shit. I hate all mods, thats just the way I am.

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2002, 09:24:04 pm »

Hers my standard way of playing:
1)pdw, hb and frags: i play a few games this way, using my hb's like a whore. If I dont see the enemy on hb's i get rid of them all together because the hb is totally useless now.
2)pdw, sa jammer and frags: the best way to use the pdw(especially on depot) is on single shot while sidestepping on blue insert. Even on gold u can use this technique in certain areas on a rush. I wont give all my secrets away,  Wink
3)g3ae, sa jammer and sa jammer: g3a3 on single shot is great and usually gets the kill on one shot. The reticule is quick and u get a straight shot as fast as u can pull the trigger. And lastly u can never jam enough. I go with 2 jammers alot these days. Lots of noobs on gr now that dont know about jammers. BAH!!

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
* agt * FLiP?
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2002, 06:42:08 pm »

The best kit for the ultra elite player is
Binnoculars and breaching charge.
Works everytime.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: