*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:10:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  AA 2.5
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA 2.5  (Read 23301 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2005, 10:29:29 pm »

well it sucks ass. sorry but if this is a good representation of the UT engine then it can go blow my ass-hole.  Shit loads of money, a massive development team and this is what they come up with? its a joke. I can understand the really pissed off comments in the forums now, i wish i had 2.3 ... 2.5 is a lump of junk in its current form

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
th.Sentinel

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2005, 11:06:34 pm »

I totally agree with you, the difference between 2.3 and 2.5 is HUGE. 2.3 was an older engine but at least it played decent... Now it plays like crap and when in cqb a pc player has a to big fps and network advantage.

The new physics engine makes my aimpoint go bezerk whenever I get hit, when you get hit by a nade your gun drops and it takes several seconds to get it back due to lag...
They maybe made it more realistic, but not more enjoyable. I don't want a frickin slow simulator, I want a game where I have fun.

Its really frustrating to see the game I loved for 2 years end up like this crap.

BTW on UT2004 I get an avarage of 60 fps everywhere, even in combat with all the effects you want on max... Its crazy to see a game with so much potential, such a big development staff and well funded produce something incomplete like this. And we need at least one more developer for Mac so they could split up the tasks. And finally fix those network problems.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2005, 11:10:55 pm »

Yep absolutly.

- now i do like some of the realism changes - i don't mind the gun dropping when your stunned or the 'knock-out' effect of falling or being hit etc etc... what i do mind is the appalling fps and networking... to be honest id be pretty embarrassed if i was one of the AA developers right now.

- on the G4 i don't get anything like what sents fps were, but the inportant thing it was definatly playable.
and yet even now talking to some of the guys im playing with - they have fps on maps like extraction of anything between 40 and 80 ... consistently!  how the hell can u play against a guy who has a FPS like that? u cant!

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2005, 11:31:33 pm »

I m so glad I kept my old copy of 2.3[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2005, 12:04:59 am »

I m so glad I kept my old copy of 2.3

... but you won't be when all the servers and/or players go. and you won't ever see another honor server running 2.3   

problem is, there are lots of good things about 2.5 - u just cant appreciate them because of the bs

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2005, 12:28:32 am »

I downloaded version 2.5 as well and I can only double the statements about the crapy fps here. Further I don't see a change in the engine quality, may it has more features but the price is too high...

Good night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2005, 12:59:46 am »

I m so glad I kept my old copy of 2.3

... but you won't be when all the servers and/or players go. and you won't ever see another honor server running 2.3   

problem is, there are lots of good things about 2.5 - u just cant appreciate them because of the bs

Im not saying that I am going to just drop 2.5... but when I get frustrated and stuff I wanna fall back on 2.3
[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2005, 09:22:57 am »

Im not saying that I am going to just drop 2.5... but when I get frustrated and stuff I wanna fall back on 2.3
me to mate, me to..

rgr mauti - I dont see any graphical inprovement at all then again i guess  the daft thing is i wouldn't becasue i have to have all the settings as low as i can get them - but i don't see any 'major inprovments'   - and if the engine upgrade came in the form of better networking and less cpu intensive running then thats a laugh!

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2005, 10:38:59 am »

Damn sorry to hear that guys. I can only say it runs smoothly with high settings on my mediocre PC. Dunno what they fucked up in the Mac version to make it so system demanding.

Now I’m wondering whether or not to dl it for my Mac laptop i use at work  Wink

If you still decide to play, look me up for some games.

http://aaotracker.4players.de/usertracker.php?userid=153019
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 10:48:26 am by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

th.Sentinel

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2005, 07:58:38 pm »

2.5 is starting to get playable for me. I'm getting around 10 fps more with some tweaks.
It went from 10-15 fps to 20-25 fps around the bus on Extraction. Which is a big difference.

Main changes I did were:

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=256
(it was 64)

I read somewhere its best when you set this upto a 3rd of your RAM, I have 1,5 GB for 2 processors so I think 256 is best for me.

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
VARSize=96
(it was 32)

I'm gonna test it with 128 to see if it makes a difference, but after all i've read I doubt it.
The best thing to do for this setting is testing different ones; 64, 96, 128 and see what's giving you the best framerate.

All my ingame graphics settings are on High cause they don't change much to the framerate, my graphics card can handle it.

I also noticed that when you turn of your hud it gives you a huge fps boost. On PCR when running up the stairs I get 45-60 fps when on and when I switch it off I get 120+ fps.
I've put the hud on/off on my mousewheel now so I can switch it on to see the objective and switch it off when I'm running or shooting.
command to do this:

bind mousewheelup agphud 1
bind mousewheeldown agphud 0

Now I just scroll the wheel to put it on or off. Pretty simple Smiley
If I find some more settings to tweak i'll let you know.

Edit: without the HUD on Extraction I get 30+ fps around the bus and 40+ fps anywhere else outside. I tested this together with [TGD]_atFault (he has the same machine, same card only a bit more RAM) and he got the exact same results.  clapping hands
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 08:37:33 pm by th.Sentinel » Logged

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2005, 11:31:32 pm »

Interesting Sent. I did report a bug with the HUD but it was nothing to do with performance. I will let Ryan know.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2005, 12:28:37 am »

Tried it on SCAR  ... removing the HUD raised my FPS from 15/20 to 35/40 at times - massive difference sometimes... other times very little - hard to play with out it though when u don't have the cross hairs!!

all in all though, i quit. AA is now totally unplayable on this G4 and i can't upgrade until i earn some seriouse money... and its hard to get the work until i can upgrade and be able to take it on.

Anyone smell a double bind situation?

It needs to be fixed or i see a lot of Mac AA players throwing the towel in. then again i doubt they could give a flying f*ck if mac players didn't play, so i guess that dosn't help! Sad

BTs_hooks

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2005, 03:33:12 am »

hey has anyone else experienced the Black Flash from the flash bang its quite fun since it doesnt fade in it just stays black all the way untill ur completely fine

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2005, 04:56:36 am »

Yes hooks thats all flashes ever are for me[/size]

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2005, 11:29:28 pm »

rgr same here - another bug i really would have thought that testers would have picked up on....   apparently little things like that and the totaly un-playability of the game past a lot of folk by...

l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2005, 11:46:01 pm »

rgr same here - another bug i really would have thought that testers would have picked up on....   apparently little things like that and the totaly un-playability of the game past a lot of folk by...

are u talking about the flash bang? The black is no bug it has been like that on the PC before 2.3.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2005, 12:51:00 am »

No Ross, In 2.3 it was white for us Mac people (should be the same for pc'ers) and I dont think its a bug, because it doesnt make it unplayable at all for me.

Yes he is talking about the flashbang btw.

Btw, I have found some nice tweaks that took me from 8-15 fps to 20-50 FPS!!! Contact me on GR or something.
[/size]

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2005, 09:35:00 am »

Sorry ross, didn't mean to sound quite so bitchy in that last post.

Yes the Flash bangs now send the comp screen completely black - it dosn't 'wear' off - it just goes from black back to normal (eventually)  ... which basically looks totally crap after the effective white stunning of the Flash in 2.3 (on mac) which slowly wore off

l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2005, 02:07:36 pm »

No Ross, In 2.3 it was white for us Mac people (should be the same for pc'ers) and I dont think its a bug, because it doesnt make it unplayable at all for me.[/size]

Thats my point. The white flash effect in Mac 2.3 was a bug it should have been black like the PC 2.3 was. It was reported but not fixed.

For 2.5 it was fixed and now appears as it should. Its is no bug.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2005, 02:56:39 pm »

lol brilliant, a pity thought i thought the  bugged version felt far more realistic and inkeeping with the game than the black out... then again i've not had direct experience of being flashed ... just v bright flashes, fireworks, home made bombs etc Wink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads