*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:36:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to creat mods for GR on the Mac  (Read 2322 times)
Schliek21
« on: February 20, 2003, 08:30:44 am »

I've been asking everyone how to create mods on a mac. Either nobody knows or nobody wants me to know. I've got many resources at my disposial for art and progamming. I just need the utilities and tips. Any help will be useful.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 11:35:33 am »

Hi,

you have chosen the wrong platform for modding. There are NONE modding tools for Mac. You even can't convert pics into rsbs so buy a PC and forget modding for Mac  Angry

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
NosferatuD2

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 01:04:19 pm »

I've tried running Igor (Mod Editor) under Virtual PC 6 (OS X).

Doesn't execute. Allocated 400Meg. After a minute of trying it errors and quits. As does Ghost Recon. Has DirectX8. But only able to allocate 16meg screen ram - and I assume thats the prob. Probably won't start without a 3d grafix card - not that I know anything about IBM hardware requirements.

I didn't want to run the game obviously, boy that WOULD be sad, but I thought the editor would at least boot - I'll be springing for a PC soon I wager.
Bloody games.
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 04:10:03 am »

Well to make a mod for Ghost Recon you need a lot more then IGOR.u would need to spend $500-$3000 on a Program to be able to mod  ghost recon(3d studio max).
But yeah VPC is not that great

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Mania
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 11:57:15 pm »

Actually... you can make some mods on the mac Grin The only program you will need is a text editor  Cool You can open some files in it... Just try Smiley Able to modify weapons, weather and thigs like that... Maybe you can find out what by yourself  Wink

Embarrassed
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 12:12:37 am »

yeah that works just im not sure if u can for Ghost recon but im sure u can for Rs but there are no in game picts when u do that

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 11:12:59 am »

Actually... you can make some mods on the mac Grin The only program you will need is a text editor  Cool You can open some files in it... Just try Smiley Able to modify weapons, weather and thigs like that.
 Embarrassed

Yes If you have BBedit you can use that to mod weapons etc and I think you can use Photoshop to mod skins.

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 03:29:03 am »

No you cant change the in game picture with photoshop i have made a few guns my self for both RS and Ghr and niether have ingame picts that work with photoshop because ps(photoshop) is a 2D designer Smiley

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2003, 02:20:34 pm »

Casper of course you can text edit GR and you only need 3D Studio Max if you want to create new 3D models or maps. IGOR is enough to create missions and such things.

Well as you all know we don't have a rsb GR converter but for all guys that want to add pictures from a Mac you could try to save your pics as 24bit BMP that was a valid format for RS if you didn't want to use rsbs.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 06:18:03 pm »

yeah i was pretty sure could im just lazy and use IGOR Cheesy

Narauko
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 05:12:55 pm »

there is one thing that RS did convert to mac, and thats the RSB converter.

It converts .pict files into RSB format. Photoshop can save as PICT.

I've done it before with Ghr for command maps.

Applescript editor also works for changing .kit .gun well most things in Ghr except .rsb .atr and the other files that need the pc software.

Ledorax

Embassy Sux

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2003, 01:15:43 am »

On this site: http://214skipper.topcities.com/ you can download a tutorial on how to make a mod;) It does not contain everything, but some things that might be useful...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 01:16:45 am by Ledorax » Logged

Rammstein Rulez
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads