*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:18:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Legal issues with Ubisoft solved!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Legal issues with Ubisoft solved!  (Read 2771 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: March 11, 2003, 05:45:11 pm »

Please read this Article how to get your full personal copy of Island Thunder!

If you have sent your mail to me please post a note so I can prepare everything and you get your Island Thunder Mac Edition as soon as possible!

Island Thunder - the first full available community conversion of a commercial product!

*DAMN Mauti
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 03:02:34 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 08:16:55 pm »

All Island Thunder Mac Edition Orders I received until 28th march have been sent. Everyone inside USA or Europe should get it by the end of the week.

Have fun,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Dan Friedlander
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 06:06:42 pm »

My cash, signed text, and original receipt are enroute.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 07:03:20 pm »

The Island Thunder Mac Edition campaign is currently on hold until issues with Ubisoft have been solved!

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
abe

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 08:39:36 pm »

Sad     WtF??!!??

Ubisoft are knuckleheads. I actually bought a copy of IT because i knew the patch was coming from mauti. If it hadent been for the patch i wouldnt have bought it. Mauti, you are helping them sell copies of their game and they threaten to sue you??? Thats BS. i dont see how you making the patch is copyright infringment.
I feel like emailing ubisoft and telling them that i bought their damn game only because of the patch and that theyd be losing a lot of customers like myself if they force mauti to pull the patch. And ill be damned if im gonna keep buying games from a company that treats its customers like shit.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 09:15:22 pm »

I thought the same Abe. But let's wait how this story ends before taking actions.

The telephone calls I had with Ubisoft were very friendly and I hope they answer my emails tomorrow. So I can put the IT patch online again.  

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 10:02:24 pm »

the real loser here is aspyr, those are the guys who dropped the ball. i bought IT and patched it through mauti (thx big time mauti, you rock.), but it isnt optimized for mac the way aspyr would have done. those knockleheads would have profitted if they came out with the pack themselves. what a shame big companies have become. maybe they could learn a thing or two from this gaming comunity.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 10:07:29 pm »

I always would have removed the patch once a Mac Company would buy the porting rights but I read in a recent review on IMG that Aspyr probably won't port it so my patch(mod) doesn't hurt anyone. Of course Aspyr would have earned some easy bucks if the license from Ubisoft isn't too expensive.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2003, 10:35:46 pm »

It has been like this often for the Mac Gamers...you would get one expansion pack, but you usually wouldn't receive the second one for any game. For example, look at covert ops and black thorn.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 10:36:08 pm by PsYcO aSsAsSiN » Logged

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
SGT Hartmann / ViRuS

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2003, 10:40:54 pm »

Im afraid Ubisoft is damn right of accusing you to violate the copyright law. What you did not recognize yet is that they refer to violating "intellectual property". That has nothing to do with taking no money or let your clients buy the software. The company must allow you to distribute their software. You dont have the right to post them here and make copies or even patches that change the intellectual property. Im an art director at an advertisement agency and i know what im talking about. My personal intellectual property copyrights start from the very first beginning when i have designed a new logo. No one is allowed to use my logos or designs by any means, except I am being asked and I allow it. The only chance you have is if you make a deal with them. Or you will be prosecuted.

Best regards...
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
SGT Hartmann (ViRuS Clan Leader)
sgt_hartmann@virus-clan.com
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
GeT iNfEcTeD!
www.virus-clan.com
www.virus-clan.org
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2003, 11:10:22 pm »

I am aware of this but:

Ubisoft allows modifications, they even support modifications. The Island Thunder PC files run native on a Mac(means you don't need my patch to do so). The patch only extends IT like mods do. They improve some aspects of the game.

When you buy the PC version you buy one single user license. You can eat the game, throw it out of the window or play it on a computer(doesn't matter on which system - the box only says windows 98 or higher required so I bought a Mac).

Well this case is far away of being closed and I hope I come to an agreement with Ubisoft because they have nothing to lose.

Bye,

Mauti
for more comments read the comments from the *DAMN news.

since 13th June 2000
26ralee
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 01:39:39 pm »

All the legal stuff aside can you still offer support on the conversion and patch      If so i am having some lagging problems, is anyone else having similar problems? It started after the fourth mission. If you can help great, if not good luck with Ubisoft
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2003, 02:22:54 pm »

The 5th mission runs bad on all mac must be a high poly count or something else. 6th mission runs normal again!

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 04:26:01 pm »

IT runs slow on most macs no matter how powerful because it is not optimized for macs. when a company like aspyr ports the game, they tweak it so it runs better, kind of like the updates that come out for GHR. the game runs better after update. thats my understanding of it. im sure mauti can answer the technical aspect of this better than me. i can only use words like "tweak" and "optimize" to explain...lol
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 10:24:57 pm »

IT runs slow on most macs no matter how powerful because it is not optimized for macs. when a company like aspyr ports the game, they tweak it so it runs better, kind of like the updates that come out for GHR. the game runs better after update. thats my understanding of it. im sure mauti can answer the technical aspect of this better than me. i can only use words like "tweak" and "optimize" to explain...lol

yup 100% true  
its not mac optimized
some maps just lag as hell no mater if u have a ati 128 rage pro 16 mg or a ati 9700 pro

Its just why Aspyr is good, port to mac a pc thingie
so dont buy IT pc mod...

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2003, 03:04:58 pm »

All legal issues with Ubisoft have been solved. I closed the Full Mac Edition offer because Ubisoft can't control if I really send the version only to purchasers of the PC version but I could argue that the patch is only a modification and as a consequence it doesn't violate any copyrights.

Have a nice day,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads