*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:15:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Cheat Prevention
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheat Prevention  (Read 3282 times)
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« on: September 18, 2002, 02:38:06 am »

I found this after reading Chilo's post. This will help if hes hosting and will stop him from editing his files while hosting.

http://old.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?planetrainbowsix/damnr6/cheatprevention.sit

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 09:20:59 am »

i hate to burst your bubbles, but it won't help too much. All the cheat prevention mod does it replaces all the most commonly hacked data files with stock versions. Any smart cheater/hacker knows that all he'd have to do is "mod the mod", so to speak, or find a loophole in the mod, a file that you hack that isn't replaced by the mod. as long as you keep the modcontents.txt file the same you won't have a problem with version mismatches.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 09:27:54 pm »

Yes Capt is totaly right you can still edit the mod. No game out yet is 100% cheatproof. Sad but true...

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 12:53:35 am »

Heh, at least I tried Sad

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2002, 04:11:48 am »

anyway, most cheaters have a second program open in the background, so the most effective way would be to make a mod that disables tabbing out...but I dont know if that can be done on Mac's like it is on PC's.

Any smart hacker will cheat whenever he wants to uncontested unless you put up the gambit on anti-cheating devices on neutral hosts...but RS doesn't work like that for the Mac.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2002, 04:32:48 am »

Well for PC the AC (anticheat) has to be connected via IP's and as soon as a player activates a cheat it has your IP locked on the website so you can never participate again. The AC was made by Puma the famous hacker, they have had several updates stopping people from cheating but, people still get around it. That's the way it is.

~ Einstein
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2002, 12:42:59 pm »

The thing I always wondered about was...

Say the host tells everyone that he's using the cheat prevention mod. Then everyone joins with it on...but the host doesn't really have it on. How would anyone know? The only way to find out was if someone without the mod joined and then didn't get an error message saying they need the mod...

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2002, 05:11:08 pm »

it works like any other mod.. you can't join if you don't have it. and you'll know when someone has it on because right next to your "welcome to RS message" in the chat text it lists all the mods that are currently active on the server.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2002, 02:25:53 am »

i've seen a few tricks in RS
which is basicaly a key combo that centers the veiw to a level point on the horizon. I really haven't  figured out how to do it. I didn't know that people where able to cheat on a mac, and in urban ops using aimbots and whatnot. I've never been owned hard  enough to think that the person has a aimbot. Then again alot of people have acused me of using a aimbot because i shoot quick on the run.
I really do think that i could beat a noob with a aimbot in a 1v1.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2002, 12:55:46 am »

All Hail Punkbuster!

They use it on RTCW, and now on SOF2 (on the PC side, coming soon in a patch for the mac I hope).

Punkbuster is a program that actually looks at all your files to make sure you are using the stock files (and not a different exe file or .pk3 file).  Punkbuster gets rid of 99% of the cheating, and it is updateable, so that whenever a new cheat comes out, they just send out an update and everyone downloads it when they play.

Hope this is packaged with RS3.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2002, 10:22:11 pm »

I don't play enough RS to understand cheating exactly.  As I remember it, in R6, it only mattered what files the HOST had installed/modded.  Therefore the only "cheats" were things the host had done, and that everyone could either figure out or the host would inform them of.  For example, making some weapons have unlimited ammo, or simply changing the skins.

It sounds from these posts that anybody can join a RS game if they have modded files on their end, and somehow cheat.  How is this possible??

And if it is, why not just configure future games like R6, so that only the HOST's modifications have any effect on the game. . .

< insert clever and original signature here >
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2002, 02:50:44 am »

RS has client side cheating because of the amount of packets sent between the client and the host. Often times the programs available send altared packets back to the host allowing for speed increases, ammo modifications (shooting .50 cal rounds out of a PDW), reticule correction (reticule doesn't get changed when firing on full autO), weapon weight decreases (weapons slow you down), and the ability to have show all enemies on (an option normally turned off in RS). Other ways of client side cheating are aimbots and force crashing a server.

These are just some examples of what goes on.

Bucc, Punkbuster won't do shit against aimbots because they are generally external programs that dont tamper with the games files.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2002, 08:44:29 pm »

Well I guess that's just yet another reason to prefer the original R6.  Maybe there'll be a fix in GR or R63.

Also, as long as I'm on the subject, that's something that's always bugged me about RS.  All the modding, cheating, etc. requires programming knowledge or expensive 3D modelers.  I miss the old days where all you needed was a text editor and photoshop. . .

< insert clever and original signature here >
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2002, 09:03:22 pm »

hazard i think you can unsticy this now

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
?TF6_lionpants?

Hear me roar!

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2002, 12:31:06 am »

awww, I downloaded it too...