*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:24:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Grifter passed away this afternoon
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grifter passed away this afternoon  (Read 12052 times)
Bigpat

Resident BMW Whore

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2002, 09:22:20 pm »

This isnt fair... life isnt fair... why?  Huh
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
*DAMN Snake
*DAMN [SF]

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2002, 09:30:43 pm »

wow...i don't know what to say...he was allways there to help me with html and the sites for my clans...he was one of the best guys i knew for RS and for talking to...damn shame he died at 27/28. i don't know what more to say i am speechless as most are...damn............

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.  *DAMN Snake

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."           in memory of grifter....may he R.I.P.
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2002, 09:52:50 pm »

mooooooooo, if they don't have RS where ever you went  then you can always come back here =).  You will be missed peace, Cow

theN00b
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2002, 10:12:23 pm »

To Girfter a sincere freind and collegue. I hope where you go there are plenty of sheep and lots of RS games. Carry on the legacy of grifter. Try to be as smart as him, try to be as rational as him, carry on his qualities.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2002, 10:59:13 pm »

As hard as I try, I cannot come up with anything more eloquent than this sucks. I subscribe to the theory that everything has a purpose, but I cannot begin to fathom something at all slightly plausible to explain this. Everything that people have said here affirms the one fundamental thought I hold of Grifter: I respect him as a man. I can't think of a higher compliment to bestow upon him. Deadeye, what you said means a lot to me. I don't care about what many people think of me, but hearing that he said something like that definitely counts for a lot.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
DAMN PimpingPanda
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2002, 11:01:38 pm »

hey everyone, panda here.

As a friend of grifter's , i know the man will be missed. i have fought many battles with him, served in clans with him, and as of late cbed against him. the man had skill. he was an old sckooler all the way. a badass like myself.
one of my fondest memories was of him making me and ultimo and the gang laugh histarically because of his trucker-like voice. the man was a hoot. he put smiles on faces and was held dearest in our hearts.
kinda hurt to see i was not on his bl, but i won't hold it against him. i was an annoying sob, but he always treated me with respect.
he wouldn't want us tripping over this. he would want us to keep fighting the good fight.

~the man will be missed.
watch over me , old man! i'll see you in a few...

~pimpingpanda Roll Eyes
Chris R.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2002, 11:19:41 pm »

I never knew Grifter but all the love he and his family recieve from you all is wonderful.

God Bless you all and may peace be with Grifter.

Zomar
*DAMN

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2002, 11:33:26 pm »

As sad as it is to lose Grifter, at least he went doing what he loved..

I and every one else you know will always remember you. Always know that Grifter, we will not forget you.
LoudNotes.sad
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2002, 11:38:20 pm »

Everyone else has already said everything I possibly could.  For once I can't be wordy on this forum.

God...I go away for a week and the forum loses a member.

For those of you who knew him in real life - I'm so sorry for you.  You have lost a true friend.
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2002, 11:42:11 pm »

As posted on Rapid's site:  

I can?t believe this happened. Although I didn?t no you really well I had the greatest respect for you and how you handled yourself in the forums, as a player, and as a person. Your great knowledge and rs skills will really be missed by myself and everyone else on GameRanger. We shared several ideas about the battle league, I am sorry that we were unable to get to work on them together. Look over and take care of your family and us from above. Godbless, you will be greatly missed. -Infection

http://homepage.mac.com/rapidesigns/grifter.html

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
-|U|- Cobra.Grifter
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2002, 12:14:29 am »

I can't believe this...
I guess I just kind of assumed he'd eventually be back...
My sincere condolences and best wishes to his family and friends...
Grifter...take care...
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2002, 12:31:27 am »

well, i dont cry much, but i couldnt stop my self from crying after i read deadeye's last post on grifter's account, and right now the tears are making it very hard to type so please excuse any typos

why, why did this have to to happen to grifter, GRIFTER OF ALL PEOPLE!
i think that 100% of the people on this forum will agree that he did not deserve to go this way, maybe 90 years old in his bed still cursing rapid for a total lack of logical thought, but not like this
*sniff*
*gets another tissue*
he was truly a great guy, and while i never had much of a chance to play rs with him, the imp[ression of him i got off the forums was that of a best friend that i hadnt hadn't seen in a long time.

grifter exemplified the type of person that i wanted to become. out spoken, confident, intelligent, informed, respected, loved, and now sadly missed
*sniff*
*gets another box of tissues*
i guess that i will close my emotinal filled rant with this little poem that i have hastily thrown together. it's not good, but it sums up i am feeling right now

oh the missed opurtunities to play, and the times i ?was quiet instaid of saying what i really wanted to say.
and now it has all ended on this day, with a dear friend, passed away.
rest in peace grift, and god bless your soul. i will always miss you
-Brain

*breaks out sobbing*

p.s. for the rest of us, we should always remember grifter: a man who touched so many of our hearts and minds, in so deep a way.
let us never forget him, for the dead live on in our memories

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2002, 12:37:55 am »

To think, last talking with him about the Apple Stores opening around us, and now he's just gone...

It's really ashame I missed the chance of a lifetime to meet the greatest guy I've ever met online in person, a whole ten yards away.

I'll never forget you Mike.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

Take a look to the sky before you die

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2002, 12:52:09 am »

Motherfucker! He can?t have fucking died... Goddamn. I wanted to play him again... Goddamnit!

I say we do something special as a tribute to Grifter. He was the best moderator on this Forum (Sorry other mods, I truly think this, and don?t correct me on this. This is NOT the time.) Dest, can you make a banner to post up there with the Rainbow 6 Forum logo (With Mauti's approval)? And let?s continue on his site. He would have wanted it to go on, I think. GameRanger was a major part in his life, and I truly believe that this matters.

Consider it, please.

-SiGmA_X
Dual AMD XP1800+ (OC'd 1.8GHz with air), GeForce4Ti4400 (OC'd 300/600 with air), 2x60GB Seagate HDDs, 80GB IBM HDD, 1GB DDR333 PC-2700

Grifter, RIP

punisher.gft
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2002, 01:02:55 am »

i have no words to xpress what i feel.

rest in peace (too bad there are not macs in the heaven).
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2002, 01:43:25 am »

This may not be worded very well but its just how i feel:

9/11 Was Bad  And today 7/19 was just as bad for all the mac Rs players, the world lost a great man, and lots of people lost a Great Freind, and the family Lost a great father-Grifter.
--Casper---

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2002, 02:07:05 am »

Well, after havin a good night to think about it, now i think i can reply to what has happened.

First off, I did shead a tear for Grift. He was a *very* good friend of mind, and like everyone he will be truly missed.

But, I can tell you this, Grift did not give up without a fight. I can gaurentee he emptied all his primary mags into that fucker, he proably threw the gun at the coma when he was done, he emptied his secondary and probably fought until he could not lift his arms to fight anymore.

At least he went the way he would have wanted to go, strapped to his crotch rocket going gun-hoe screaming "yee-haw". Fuckin eh Grift!

Grift,
I hate you for dying on us. But I love you for what you have done for us. You took all of our games to the next level, and you contributed more then your fair share to this community. You loved to race, like me it's in your blood but sometimes even the most safe scenerios are the most dangerous and i guess you got caught off gaurd that day. I just hope, that where you are now, you can look down and finally see many of our faces.

If your not to busy, come visit me in a dream one day, i'd love to chat.

Gear down, and light it up for me,
where ever you have settled.

friend for life.
Destructo.

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2002, 02:28:45 am »

Much like the great Ted Williams, country ( RS world ) before self, and simply, the best there ever was. I think that all tributes possible are all that is fair, he was a great person, and he will be missed by all. It's odd, we never got along all that well in these forums, all that I wanted him to do often was to shut up, now that he is gone though, I realize how much I valued what he said. An amazingly good Moderator, the best player that there ever will be, and a wonderful person, It's a shame that he had to go so young, however, like Dest said, he went just how he wanted to go. It's odd to think, all of the fights ever in these forums are just atoms compared to this. Considering that I know for a fact that everyone here would give all of their computer gear to save Grifter's life, and some of us, our own lives too, During his life, I always thought that he made intelengent posts, I didn't care for his opinions on many things, however, a great guy to talk to, and the greatest player that there ever will be. You will be missed by all. I hope that you're able to watch us all from up there in heavn Grifter, we all love you.

-Typhy

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Oso
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2002, 02:56:13 am »

=( i remember the last thing grifter said to me, "heading down to florida, i will be back around monday or so, so take care, and give me the good word when i return, later oso" =( ........

......later grifter...
Emily
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2002, 05:19:41 am »

I'm am shocked and dismayed about this news. It hits close to home for me because I'm an avid fan of Mac gaming and once was a motorcycle rider. That was until I was in an accident 3 years ago, lost my boyfriend and severed my spine. This is a terrible thing and I hope Grifter is remembered for his life and not for his death.

FemFatal
aka
Emily
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads