*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:54:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hard to CB in season XI when evill BANS 5 tribes !!!!!!!  (Read 14352 times)
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2005, 05:23:41 pm »

yes, the workaround just magically appeared on your computer and you were able to use netfone.  Either you sought information on how to bypass teh system or tinkered with it until it worked.  I think that sounds much more correct then your ideal of it just magically appearing to you one day like the 10 commandments. 

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Ein

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2005, 05:26:01 pm »

yeah ein, but the correct workaround was getting premium.  besides, patches make sure the games is fixed of errors and problems, GR doesn't let older versions play because it would screw the shit out of the game or not even work at all.  So, if you wanted the most updated and best playable game, even the single player needs teh patches.

But since when has a patch to make something more compatable ever costed an additional $50. If somone purchased nf, why should they have to pay an additional service charge to use the product which they have already purchased. It is like I said in an earlier post, imagine having to pay an additional $50 to play RvS or GhR in multiplayer mode when you had already bought the game which has a multiplayer option included in it and payed the orignal price for the game.

Ein
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2005, 05:29:47 pm »

Eight, the person who my post was directed at deleted their post after what I said.  I never said I like Premium better, honestly I like NF much better than premium chat, for the whole reason (like you said) that you can be talking to people outside of GR and whatever game you are in.  But someone made the ignorant comment that premium voice was shitty, and I felt obligated to correct them.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2005, 05:32:50 pm »

Ein, xbox and playstation already do it to all the multiplayer games.  So this is nothing new.  He removed kdx and netfone because he claims premium has a comparible service to them.  And why offer premium capabilities to someone who refuses to pay to use his service, basic service = basic features.

The same arguement can be made to photoshop for having photoshop elements and regular, or other software companies now offering "professional" versions of what used to be the same old programs.  Not all 3rd party utilities work with the basic packages of these programs, and unless you pay for the premium versions, not everything works the same.

Besides, most of you act as if he took away the ability to multiplayer game with netfone outright.  If you didn't like what he was doing, IP game and use netfone with multiplayer as much as you like.  Don't abuse his system to make your life easier and then blame him for not allowing it.  I mean, it takes sense to realize he is doing with what he owns.  You can still multiplayer and nf as much as you like, just don't use GR, GR is a convenience not an outright gift.  Two very different things
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:36:32 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
maco.fr

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2005, 05:35:08 pm »

faqQ2, well you know now lol.

work with all app.

"sorry sorry sorry", i think you can use this word Wink

even my son can do the 3 steps lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:37:57 pm by maco.fr » Logged
Ein

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2005, 05:36:46 pm »

Ein, xbox and playstation already do it to all the multiplayer games.  So this is nothing new.  He removed kdx and netfone because he claims premium has a comparible service to them.  And why offer premium capabilities to someone who refuses to pay to use his service, basic service = basic features.

If his mentality is that premium has comparable features to nf and kdx, then why allow other voice programs such as skype or ichat. Back in the day (when nf first got disabled) my clan at the time found many other programs that worked just as well as nf or even better in some instances because they had additional features that nf did not have. If you are going to ban one or 2 programs, why not ban them all, not just the most popular ones.

Ein
BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2005, 05:37:47 pm »

Well maco, much like you, your son would be banned.  I never said intelligence was needed to do it, but I bet you felt really stupid when you got caught, because you are wasting so much time here bitching what is now out of your control once again.

www.rmgraphix.com
BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2005, 05:39:58 pm »

I can't speak for Scott and why he blocked just netfone, but we all miss the point that he is doing this as a public service for you to game easier. The basic point is either go with the flow of GR or get out of the way.  It's going to happen with or without you, whether or not you like it, and he hasn't taken anything away from what you can do without his service.

www.rmgraphix.com
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2005, 05:53:18 pm »

Seems like this argument can go either way. One side is the side most would side with. (the non-premium scum of GR) The other is the rational people (aka those who understand business). If Evill sees a threat to his service, he is going to do his best to eliminate it. I mean for something like GameSpy, where the volume of users is enormous, the creator(s) might be able to ignore it a bit more because GameSpy makes much more money than GameRanger does personally. If you don't like the way Evill runs GR, then go start your own damn Mac gaming program. (and fail miserably all the same)

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
maco.fr

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2005, 06:18:15 pm »

new feedback see and laugh  lol

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15178
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2005, 06:25:07 pm »

That's actually not very funny. At all. I find it horrendous that you guys point and laugh at GameRanger after years of cherishing it's existence, just because you were banned. Grow up and get over it.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2005, 06:26:33 pm »

what are we laughing at maco?, you being a complete moron?
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2005, 06:55:39 pm »

A somewhat fitting cartoon. Wink (again)

onwig

geeza!

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2005, 07:01:40 pm »

haha joka, nice example.....  clapping hands

maco.fr

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2005, 07:06:45 pm »

That's actually not very funny. At all. I find it horrendous that you guys point and laugh at GameRanger after years of cherishing it's existence, just because you were banned. Grow up and get over it.

Never
I said to evill, one way for me now, ask to his fucker.

hep just one question, someone have address or information about existance legal of GameRanger?
and if one day GR is off, where you put your money feedback?
core.Flies

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2005, 07:14:27 pm »

To Red Dust

I find your replies to be the most relevant in this thread.
They are down to the point figuring out what the prob is - and at same time trying to clear if anybody want to do anything at all about it.

I dont live in Australia - so consequently i cant take the immidiate action and "lawsuit" GameRanger, or whatever other action could be imagined.

I do however remember how Gameranger appeared, and what GameRanger for years chose to be its " competitive " edge :

"Free online gaming for Mac Users"

I also remember how Scott for more than a year  tried in various ways to change the basic-concept into something that would not only be profitable due to advertiser-payments, but also profitable due to user-payments.

He ended up with this "Premium" idea.
The only problem for him was, that noone actually wanted to buy Premium. I mean - why should they ?
If he chose to limit the service for the free users, they at that time would have switched instantly to the two competitors available ( one of them only "almost") in those days.

I was one of those who couldnt see any point at all in switching to Premium. I dont give a f... how my name appear in a GameRanger window, and I dont care at all, if I would miss the holy secrets they talk of in a restricted main-window.

So - this idea of conceptual switching his GR into user-payments was NOT succesful at all.

Then I remember in the middle of a battle-season, we suddenly found out we couldnt use our beloved NetFone anymore. My clan could suddenly not communicate, while playing online-macgames on a "serious" level - clan-gaming.

I remember the " WHAT THE F......." on GR when it happened.  
Oh yeah. A lot of us do, i guess.

We didnt have the time for taking part in a complicated an seemingly endless discussion with Scott,
and we were losing our clanbattles big time, when we lost the chance to communicate.

Consequently we were forced to pay Premium. And for what ?
All my clan-mates ( cheers BFG ) have disabled the Premium voicechat system. We simply never use it.
We only had to buy Premiu7m so we could continue the use of our NetFone.

Another - very unlucky - consequence is, that the rare and cosy visits from clanmembers that used to just pop in and out every 2.nd month or so, have now stopped. There is no fun and no point for them in joining GR, when they cant communicate at same level as rest of the clan.

My best guess is, that Scott is also looking at the GR-statistic tabels himself, and is pretty aware that his market isnt growing anymore. Not to an extend where advertisers are interested at least. And now he milks the market-potential by forcing heavy-users to pay.

This strategy can only be succesful in a world of monopoly. And that is exactly what is at hand.
Spare me for any more comparing this to whats happening in other industry or whatever i have seen here.

The only means to " strike back " in a market like that, is for the users to turn to legal rights and all that boring stuff.

And if i didnt stress my point of view enough : I am NOT pleased with the situation at hand.
And I have never been. I think its ok indeed to post comments like the ones i see at the above link to where you can download GR.

I am not really sure how much i like spyware in general ( i would say that i normally hate it ), but when an application starts to declare other legal applications for " illegal to use ", i think situation is out of hand.
And as said - only possible in a monopolistic market.

People of Australia - speak out ! Do you wanna help us out on this one ?

Smiley

Best regards
| ! |  Flies
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 07:20:05 pm by core.Flies » Logged
BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2005, 07:41:35 pm »

Well in regards to all said, and put quite well flies in summation, scott should let gr go.  I know he has threatened this, but there is no clear advantage for him to do it.  When it was free, he got ass and shits for one reason or another, when he tried to put banners for income, more crap.  Now he tried to squeeze another avenue to make something from this, and we are all opposed to it also.  I can't agree with the methods he went into enacting this, but, i still truly understand the motivation behind it. But, after reading everything here and there and the opinions of many, he can't make everyone happy including himself, and he seems to be wasting his time doing it.  I think one of the saddest things is that as "War" gamers we need a different type of communication that what is needed for other games like AOE or WOW, which are not as team and time sensitive with comms.  In that, it is our fault for relying so heavily on GR to make our War gaming possible.  We can cut the cancer that we feel GR is and go back to ip gaming and use kdx chat to set up the cb's, it is not super science.  Then we can save our premium money, use KDX happily and have more stable games without a 3rd party app.

Pull the plug to GR, either you do it or Scott does it, just depends who acts first, because both sides can't win.

www.rmgraphix.com
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2005, 08:18:02 pm »

Gamespy has even more ads then GameRanger does, on their so called "basic" side. You get bombarded with pop-ups when you start the application. Which isn't that lot of fun, and I people would bash it so frickin hard if Evill were supposed to do that.
Point being, people have bought so called premium versions of software and games for ever, just so they get a higher status or use a feature. But developers rely on those service, so they can continue to give you a decent software.

If people doesn't want to play through GameRanger, be my guest. Go through your so called "in-game" browsers and try to find a game through millions of servers that might not even have a single user on.
Atleast with GameRanger you can filter things out. Even with some games you can't even use a "in-game" browser, because the games rely on GameRanger.

And remember there is no one forces you to use GameRanger as a gaming service. You can try to get a cb game in Ghr or RvS in some other way, but will you be able to find a game easier? I really doubt it.

And if Evill decided to close GameRanger down forever, don't come with some fuckin excuses and start whining.

onwig

geeza!

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2005, 08:29:46 pm »

They are down to the point figuring out what the prob is - and at same time trying to clear if anybody want to do anything at all about it.

they can't really do anything about it

I do however remember how Gameranger appeared, and what GameRanger for years chose to be its " competitive " edge :

"Free online gaming for Mac Users"

It was/is still free for mac users, again, he doesnt force it down peoples throats

He ended up with this "Premium" idea.
The only problem for him was, that noone actually wanted to buy Premium. I mean - why should they ?
If he chose to limit the service for the free users, they at that time would have switched instantly to the two competitors available ( one of them only "almost") in those days.

His premium idea was to help pay for somethign that he had put so much hard work into. And rightly or wrongly however your opinion thought he might make a living from, would'nt you?

I chose to get premium, not straight away but i did, and have appreciated everything since then. and i don't even play games, i choose to support this service because i have met some of the nicest people while online, and without this service, that would not have happpend.

I was one of those who couldnt see any point at all in switching to Premium. I dont give a f... how my name appear in a GameRanger window, and I dont care at all, if I would miss the holy secrets they talk of in a restricted main-window.

how about supporting someone that you have used a service from someone that has given for nothing for 'x' amount of years for nothing?

Then I remember in the middle of a battle-season, we suddenly found out we couldnt use our beloved NetFone anymore. My clan could suddenly not communicate, while playing online-macgames on a "serious" level - clan-gaming.

I remember the " WHAT THE F......." on GR when it happened.  
Oh yeah. A lot of us do, i guess.

all i can say is "lol", every clan felt the same, and had the same problem, so what?, the season still went ahead, it didnt stop, and someone won it.

Consequently we were forced to pay Premium. And for what ?
All my clan-mates ( cheers BFG ) have disabled the Premium voicechat system. We simply never use it.
We only had to buy Premiu7m so we could continue the use of our NetFone.

as fah said, you could've have chosen to play IP games, but due to the easier service that evill has supplied for so long, its easier to join through gameranger.

My best guess is, that Scott is also looking at the GR-statistic tabels himself, and is pretty aware that his market isnt growing anymore. Not to an extend where advertisers are interested at least. And now he milks the market-potential by forcing heavy-users to pay.

thats not his fault that asypr are not releasing as many games, and he doesnt get the opportunity to release games as quick as what he would want.

And if i didnt stress my point of view enough : I am NOT pleased with the situation at hand.
And I have never been. I think its ok indeed to post comments like the ones i see at the above link to where you can download GR.

not pleased how?, people were caught doing something they were not supposed to be doing flies, try and convince otherwise, you think its ok because you say so?.

People of Australia - speak out ! Do you wanna help us out on this one ?

wtf, people speak out in general, does it matter where they are from?, i am from the UK and i get where he is coming from, they used a workaround that bypassed what he wanted. they used something that THEY KNEW WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE... and got caught.

Flies, go steal something from a shop, then bitch to the shop owner that its not fair, then bitch to the country where that shop owner comes from, see how much support you will get.

How exactly has all this affected your clan. fine you have your opinion, even discuss it, i cant stop you, even DAMN can't.

But your entire post can be ripped apart bit by bit.
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2005, 08:35:55 pm »

ok... i have just explained this whole thing to my wife....

and i qoute

grow up you bunch of ******* **** you knew the risks when you doing it, live with the consequences and **** *** **** ** (stfu)

she has nothing to do with GR, she even gets pissed at me for spending time on GR. Go ask someone who has nothing to do with this gaming service at all, someone who is not biased with it, like someone who is not related to a clan member etc. please come back and post what someone who knows nothing has had to say about this.. even get them to post
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads