*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:06:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon *DBL Map Pack 3 - Some Changes - Vote Now!  (Read 20923 times)
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2005, 06:25:41 pm »

maybe the admin team could make a simple mod for us with a slowed down gl? just to see what it's like... I know my vote doesn't count, but I think spamming is a problem, and I admit that I do it a bit. I think it'd be better if we all learn to actually aim the nades (I know, I'm over-exagerating a bit).

anyway, is there some way we can get a little sample of what the slowed gl would be like? or maybe a video of an admin shooting it as fast as the ROF will allow or something?

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2005, 08:28:37 pm »

I have a slowed GL mod that we were using for testing. It's on my home computer. I'll post it tonight when I get home... or maybe one of the other Admins that has it can post it in the meantime?

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
z][t-Primary

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2005, 08:32:51 pm »

krush, you can actually mod the GL (and all the weapons if you so wish) by opening their .gun files in TextEdit and making some very simple changes in numbers.

Ghost Recon Data > Mods > Origmiss > Equip > glforoicw.gun

just change the 600 to whatever you want (experiment) in this part:
SelectiveOption RateOfFire = "600"

personally, its a part of the game, everyone can take it, its fun, its useful, its nice support and a good distraction, and STILL it doesnt overrule the other guns and secondaries in the game. i say we keep it.
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2005, 10:36:51 pm »

the map pack i got (dbl3) doesnt have the xmod  maps in it, is there a reson? i think there excellent,also what about the other maps that were talked abot erly on?Mosque,Rue de la Mort,Desert City,Mog City,Mytoan Sniper, and Industrial. are they still not even an issue?, cause if ya ask me they were the better maps.....is there a reason, spawns, ect?
Musk_Melon

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2005, 11:52:32 pm »

The slowed GL will really mess up alot of ppl.Roop(or maybe Fi300? one of them) runs a slowed gl on his server (i think its about 1 sec in between shots) When i first shot it i was like,wth! my mouse quit working!
I didn't like it at all,but my main weapon is a GL so of course i wouldn't want it slowed down.

Always hold on to thy Musket.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2005, 11:59:01 pm »

Shade... MoD's stance or yours?  I thought that it was my vote (the one who will be playing ghr this season) that counted for this... I vote not to change it.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2005, 12:05:55 am »

the map pack i got (dbl3) doesnt have the xmod  maps in it, is there a reson? i think there excellent,also what about the other maps that were talked abot erly on?Mosque,Rue de la Mort,Desert City,Mog City,Mytoan Sniper, and Industrial. are they still not even an issue?, cause if ya ask me they were the better maps.....is there a reason, spawns, ect?

Mag, I said when I posted the link to the beta pack that it was just a selection of maps that were hard to find and just a new selection really. It wasn't actually created by anyone from the admin team and nothing in it is decided for the new map pack. Please look at my original post where I posted the main selection of maps to choose from and along side them, the places you can find them.

Also, the spawns and wz etc can be moved in any of the maps in the map pack. So if you like them, but the spawns and wz put you off - let us know
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 12:08:48 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2005, 12:23:25 am »

krush, you can actually mod the GL (and all the weapons if you so wish) by opening their .gun files in TextEdit and making some very simple changes in numbers.

personally, its a part of the game, everyone can take it, its fun, its useful, its nice support and a good distraction, and STILL it doesnt overrule the other guns and secondaries in the game. i say we keep it.

I was trying to say that I want to test the GL at what the admins think it should be... so I'de rather have them do the settings and test out theirs.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
z][t-Primary

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2005, 01:29:30 am »

I was trying to say that I want to test the GL at what the admins think it should be... so I'de rather have them do the settings and test out theirs.

ahh my bad then  wallbashing
cO.twist

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2005, 01:46:04 am »

can you guys edit how close you get to the wz before you actually tag it? (ex - caves you can tag it from like 5-10 feet away from the smoke, downtown you have to stand in it for a split sec before you actually get the wz.)

if so, then that small outdoor map..i believe its mercenary or something like that...it'd be alot better of a map if you could tag it from 5-10 feet away.  As it is now, you have to stand in the middle for a good 3-5 seconds before you even get the wz.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2005, 02:37:05 am »

Yep, I believe we can do that for Mercenary, twist......actually most of the maps we can change spawns/wz and could possibly make them work better as well. We'll be working closely with ferret and monoman to achieve those goals as much as possible for the maps that are selected.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2005, 03:45:34 am »

An update already...

THE RESULTS ON THE GL VOTE TO DATE: 5v6

For Changing The GL
- *Macuber
- [01] Dark
- [:] T
- {E} 357mag
- :MoD: Dark (shame on you Shade)

Against Changing The GL
- [a] ferret
- =US= RoeM
- ~Po~ Hunter
- cO. Twist
- z][t Magnetic
- BTs Static

Teams still MIA
- GhRa
- [TRIBE]

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
Musk_Melon

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2005, 03:58:50 am »

I am preety sure GhRa will say no to the GL ROF changes (i cant get a hold of any of them) And it doesn't seem like there on the forums very much,maybe one of you guys can get ahold of clay or maily,heck,you might even get acri. Is there a end to the voting? like a deadline?

Always hold on to thy Musket.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2005, 06:46:20 am »

An update already...

THE RESULTS ON THE GL VOTE TO DATE: 5v6

For Changing The GL
- *Macuber
- [01] Dark
- [:] T
- {E} 357mag
- :MoD: Dark (shame on you Shade)

Against Changing The GL
- [a] ferret
- =US= RoeM
- ~Po~ Hunter
- cO. Twist
- z][t Magnetic
- BTs Static

Teams still MIA
- GhRa
- [TRIBE]

Shade... MoD's stance or yours?  I thought that it was my vote (the one who will be playing ghr this season) that counted for this... I vote not to change it.

Mr. T, Dark actually voted against changing the GL.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 06:53:28 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2005, 02:59:55 pm »

I have the sample mod of the slowed down GL already on the ftp from when I gave it to Tigah. I can post the link up if the Admins want.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Tin

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2005, 06:30:42 pm »

GhRa is against changing the GL.  Smiley

Tin
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2005, 02:47:53 am »

The rate can be decided on if the vote is for the GL change.

Just activate it like any other mod.

Download

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2005, 03:55:22 am »

In your testing Monoman did you see any slow down of the player's motion?

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2005, 05:11:53 am »

Mr. T, Dark actually voted against changing the GL.

Well, DarK is not even in MoD anymore...

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
jerkasaur

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2005, 06:26:14 am »

I believe this means shade's vote stands.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads