*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:09:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  GR - Frostbite
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GR - Frostbite  (Read 1769 times)
Rufus

« on: January 26, 2004, 05:56:14 am »

Hey guys..  I'm new here, but would like to ask for a little help.  I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.

I'm trying to get Frostbite to work and am having trouble.
1) I've updated GR-DS to 1.4.
2) I've installed a "pre-fab" Mac version of Island Thunder.
3) I've downloaded FB v1.0 and it's two updaters and have installed them.

I've installed Island Thunder and the FB mods.  I.T. work flawlessly.
I've found FBv1.0 and have installed it.  Have had problem with slow mouse movement, intro audio not playing, etc.   After some struggling finding the v1.1 and v1.3 FB updaters, I've downloaded and installed them...only to find that if anything, the problems are worse.  Now the intro videos are extremely sluggish and movement in general has slowed.

I also have Navy Seals 2.0 installed, but have tried all combinations of "activate/deactive" with no success.
I understand that IT must be active for FB to work.

Can anyone give me some trouble shooting tips?  Any and all help will be much appreciated !!

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 06:05:01 am by Rufus » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 09:36:18 am »

First make sure that the active mod list is from top to bottom in the following order:

Desert Siege
Island Thunder
Frostbite

The intro movie in IT uses a divx codec so you maybe have to install the codecs with the IT Mac patch to run them at all.

The FB movies are standard encoded in the Sorenson format and play complete smooth on a G3 400 with Quicktime 6.+

Menus shouldn't be more jerky except your HD is almost full or you have very less free RAM. If you are playing in OS9 allign more than 250RAM to Ghost REcon if possible. In OSX the menu should always be smooth so I don't know why it isn't on your Mac.

For the FB missions: on elite FB has a lot of tangos so your CPU gets more stressed also the first FB mission is more hardware demanding than the other FB missions due a moving radar.

Try to play the mission in rookie and you should experience a good fps boost.

That's all for now.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Rufus

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 08:32:11 pm »

Thanks Mauti...  

The mod order is correct.  I had read this elsewhere.

IT works great.  No complaints at all about it's movies or it's play.  Very smooth.

All my problems are with Frostbite.  At first (v1.0) the game play was fine, but the mouse moved very slowly on the COMMAND screen only.  
As I said, the Briefing audio also did not play.

After running the 1.0>1.1 and 1.1>1.3 updaters, all of the above still exists, but now everything is slow...intro movies, game play, etc.

This is not hardware related...I'm running Panther on a 867/G4 with 896megs of ram, and the main HD is only 1/3 full.  My QT is up to date.
I can check into the codecs (recommendation on where to find them?), but again IT works flawlessly.

I haven't installed the "IT Mac Patch" and may give that a try, but I think the "pre-fab" version of IT I got is fully up to date.

I was playing the first mission in FB, but on recruit.

I can reinstall a new copy of FB and start over, but wanted some advice, just in case I was missing a step, etc.

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone have a fully operational copy of FBv1.3 available for download?
I'm on cable?!?!?!?

THANKS AGAIN!!

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 11:55:12 pm »

Please start your GhostRecon with FB and IT activated and start a new campaign. Play 2 mins and then quit Ghr. Now go to your GhR folder and open the lke.log file. Please copy and paste here so may some missing sounds/textures are causing this.

Btw FB doesn't have audio briefings - you only should hear backgroundmusic.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Rufus

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 01:26:15 am »

Mauti,

This time, every thing seemed to worked fine.  I started a new campaign, and played until the end (more or less....I couldn't get the mission to complete even though I made it to the extraction zone with everything done.) Game play was smooth, sound was fine, etc,
Is there a method to switching mods? (quit the game each switch, etc?)  

Are there any known problems with the "Navy Seals" mod with FB? (I like the NS weapons)

I'll play around with FB and also switching around the mods to see if I can stumble across what causes the problems.... but again, right now all seems fine.

Oh well, here the log file per you request.....  Let me know if you see anything toublesome.

***** User's system configuration *****
      CPU: 272
      RAM: 896 MB
      O/S: 4146
Ghost Recon (RELEASE)  version = 1.4.0.0(0)
HAL (hw vp): : Mac OS A1R5G5B5
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb
Cannot read ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb
Cannot read lighthalo_effect3.rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file .rsb
Cannot read .rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file \mods\frostbite\save\game\ed's test run.csf_bin
Cannot read .rsb
SOUND: Cannot Find: FB0_briefing.wav
Loading map \mods\frostbite\map\radar_base\radar base.map
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file trevegg bl?.rsb
Cannot read trevegg bl?.rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ground.rsb
Cannot read ground.rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file new terr.rsb
Cannot read new terr.rsb
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file m15_redsquare_dn.rsb
Cannot read m15_redsquare_dn.rsb
Cannot read .rsb
SOUND: Cannot Find: FB0_briefing.wav
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 10:53:22 am »

Log is fine and that it runs now smooth is also great.

For single player Navy Seals weapon together with FB should work but no promises here. If they have named some weapons the same that weapon will be overwritten by the mod with the higher priority.

Have fun,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Rufus

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 02:01:12 pm »

Played FB for over an hour last night with no problems. Roll Eyes

Then I quit FB and played GR DS and then IT, switched around the mods (used Navy Seals) and later came back to FB...and the everything was SLOWWW again.  Landing movie as almost unplayable and mouse movement was jerky and slow, etc. Huh

I will keep playing in different combos and see I can pinpoint exactly what causes the problems.

Is there a method to switching mods?  Should I completely quit the game after each mod switch, etc?  I like playing DS and IT with the NS mod, so I disable FB, but then when I switch to FB I disable NS.  Should I quit after each switch or is there some other method that I should know of?  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 02:03:35 pm by Rufus » Logged
Captain Snorp

New, me? No, I just suck.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 12:20:01 am »

Not sure if you're still on this problem, Rufus -

I found that for me, Navy Seals works with very few other mods.. or at the very least, causes the mod to work somewhat less smoothly.

I'm running OS 9.2.2, 756 RAM and a 499 G4.  Not sure to what degree any of that besides the OS info has much to do with it.

I've gotten FB to work completely 100% fine, but I had to pretty much give up hope of running it with many other mods.

CS
Rufus

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 03:25:00 am »

I run FB only with IT.... NOT with NS.
Sometime is works fine... and other times not.
I really haven't figured out the "common denominator" that causes the problem.
Gloops
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 11:05:26 pm »

I downloaded FB the other day and I'm pretty impressed with the quality but for some reason it runs dog slow on my 800 mhz G4. I got frustrated with frame rates in the Radar Base map so in the end I opened the .env file, reduced the far plane to 160 and added a little fog to compensate. Changed gameplay slightly but sped things up no end! It's OK for single play. Wink

Another issue - in the same Radar base Map there are a couple of buildings in the barracks area that aren't textured. I think it's "trevegg bl?.rsb" that isn't rendering. I'm guessing Mac GR doesn't like the special characters in the filename. Does anyone know how to change filenames and get them to show up in game? It's no big deal, but I'd like to see the blue painted wood effect as intended, instead of glowing white buildings!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 03:55:17 pm »

Yeah be warned FB does use like to have a lot of 'oomph' powering it... its a bit like the damn IT mod.. they are both great but you need a heavfy piece of kit to get the best out of them Smiley Or at least mine struggled a bit... but its cos i love having all the graphics settings on to keep it looking smexy i guess Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 08:39:42 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 08:50:10 pm »

Only the radar map is that cpu hungry due its rotation but the other maps run ultrasmooth even on my old iMac.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads