*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:53:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  DTD_Pro & Raven Shield
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DTD_Pro & Raven Shield  (Read 8066 times)
Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« on: August 18, 2003, 12:54:24 am »

WardenMac, Cobra6 & myself had a run at quite a few games of Raven Shield this weekend, and I managed to grab a few screenshots of a co-op mission. I was a bit soured on Raven Shield, but after this weekend I am rejuvenated. Especially with Ventrillo, what a difference.  Grin Thanks for the fun guys

WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 01:57:37 am »

stackin up them bodies like cord wood  Grin. We did ok on coop, cobra whooped our @ss in mp though. Alot of fun.

Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 06:16:22 am »

Co-op is sure un with people that know some tactics. I slid into the game with Mac and Whisper and I recognized the tactics, and fit right in (until I opened the door for Mac, and when I heard the Tango I rushed through the doorway just as Mac lit the Tango up. Only problem I caught 10 5.56 bullets right in the back. Doc said I died from lead poisening) Grin
And yes....the Avatar under my name is actually my armpatch in the game.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 06:18:01 am by Cobra6 » Logged
Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 12:51:52 am »

Already being dead myself in that game, I can tell you it was the funniest thing to watch. Had Cobra waited just 2 more seconds and all would have been fine, but there must have been ants in Cobras tent because he couldn't wait to get out of there.  Grin
TOO MUCH FUN!!!!

Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 05:25:21 am »

Just a few more updates - if any of you are fortunate enough to play with Cobra6 - he OWNZ  - Cheers Brother

And after Cobra6 has too many beans from Camping in his Tent!!  Grin Grin

Cobra6
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 06:24:01 am »

And if you have hearing problems I will sneak up on you and end your life in a quick and painless manner.

{E}LuSiVe

too late! viva taco bell...

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 07:15:16 am »

i miss playing rainbow six online...

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
"THREE DOLLARS! Cool, that gets me another scratch-off..."
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 11:39:39 pm »

Cheesy So your better than in UO then cobra??

(I shot at cobra 17 times in UO and then he got booted for cheating) Wink

Take it EZ!
{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 05:55:49 am »

im really good, i just dont have the internet connection to show for it =[

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2003, 07:41:40 am »

No Internet or No High Speed Internet, Mac plays on 56k dial up, pings about 200 or so when we play..

Cobra6
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2003, 07:46:02 am »

I get no respect. The damn tango shot me and left me for dead in the friggin urinal Angry

Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2003, 08:03:11 am »

Cobra6 in more action shots, a bit more effective than the above urinal shot  Grin
Laying down the cover...

And finally sniping with the Often Imitated but never duplicated M60E3

Rigid Ice

Why dodge bullets when you can just suck 'em all in!??

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2003, 04:13:30 pm »

im really good, i just dont have the internet connection to show for it =[

In UO I was starting to become the killing king, especially in the bunkers map, when all of a sudden, AOL deletes the 2 only good phone lines and I lag horribly. (and they advertise broadband like crazy  Shocked)

Anyways, I know how you feel, LOL

Silent Strike Mod almost ready for public distribution- get feedback from beta testers, put up final mod, put up site, and voila! Maybe a couple days or week (s) remaining!- web space down- cancelled for the moment
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2003, 01:14:05 am »

Actually its not that bad with 56k, I mean I can recall times when about 50 % of the time I was warpin or jumping, skippin, you 56kers know what Im talking about. With RVS, and on AOL, I doesnt happen that often. I am somewhat slower than whisper and Cobra but I hold my own, especially in coop. Its alot of fun, a really good game for Mp.
I know the game gets a bad rap, and most is well deserved, believe me cobra and whisper have heard me many times ranting about the problems connecting to their server, but once you do (after about 20 tries, literally) its great fun. The maps blow away most others out there today, and when the sdk comes, it should be great to mod.
Already working on my first map, or should specify room. Have it built, added light, now just have to learn how to make more rooms, landscape, etc. Does not appear that difficult, too bad all the tutorials are written by seasoned modders, and like most tuts out there, are not very specific on each step you have to take. Its mostly trial and error.  Whisper and I have vowed (yes WHISPER too) to learn to make maps. Should be interesting.

Rigid Ice

Why dodge bullets when you can just suck 'em all in!??

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2003, 05:45:39 am »

Well, I could hook up to 48K - 52K (never had 56K, even though I thought I was payin' for it  Wink) and never lag- but, it just so happens the maximum speed (which rarely occurs) is about 44K- even with just the small difference, I lag about 3 minutes behind my cable friend, LOL

...I mean I can recall times when about 50 % of the time I was warpin or jumping, skippin, you 56kers know what Im talking about.

I know what u mean- So, I'm playing bunkers, and its just all out war- no rules. I see a guy run behind a bunker, so naturally, I throw a frag at him from the oppostite side of the bunker, completely safe. Then, I get a little suprise. I warp around the map- finally I stop warping around. Then, my own grenade lands right in front of me... BOOM  Grin Grin

Good times, good times...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 05:55:28 am by Rigid Ice » Logged

Silent Strike Mod almost ready for public distribution- get feedback from beta testers, put up final mod, put up site, and voila! Maybe a couple days or week (s) remaining!- web space down- cancelled for the moment
{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 07:07:05 am »

how do u guys play? did u sign up with ubi?

my comp can barely handle some of it, things like wide open areas and smoke literally kill my machine. in cqb im pretty fine tho. damn vid card Angry

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 01:56:09 pm »

We do go through UBI, Mac can't connect if I don't use UBI, I host, Cobra and I also use ventrilo voice comms, but those for sure kill Mac's bandwidth.

{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 10:19:23 pm »

when do u guys usually play? maybe i'll join u sometime.... if i can put up with the lag i'll get...

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2003, 12:11:07 am »

Are those realy SS signs on the terrorists armpatches. I#ve been trying to suss that one for ages

Take it EZ!
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 02:31:53 am »

when do u guys usually play? maybe i'll join u sometime.... if i can put up with the lag i'll get...

EJ, it depends really, we usually play during the week after say 7pm, Whisper travels on the weekends. Just look for the server $$DTD_Mod team or something like that, you will know it when you see it. Welcome anytime, goes for anyone on this forum. Cobra and Whisper obviously have cable, I connect 56k, due to I run sattelite connection and cant game on it. The lag is really not that bad, I am really surprised.
We played one game with two to three other players, still not too bad, guess I was laggin about 1 sec behind everyone else, of course that time delay is deadly against a skilled player, especially cobra. I see him, immediately shoot, and he gets me, hehe, most of the time.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads