*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:22:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  New mod ideas
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New mod ideas  (Read 8969 times)
bugkill
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2002, 12:47:13 pm »

if TTT was released today, it would be a smashing success. it was not presenting the terrorists in a light that was "inappropriate" or "offensive" to others around the world. it gave gamers the chance to be the enemy and that was it. there were terrorist incidents going on when this mod was (even in rodion's own country) released. these organizations were around before 9/11 and will be for a long time afterwards. i say make two campaigns where you can play as a terrorist or spec ops, GR community would benefit greatly and the gamers will love the idea. how about doing a poll? just to guage everyone's feelings on the issue.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2002, 09:02:56 pm »

A poll isn't a bad idea, but this forum really doesn't have the traffic for a good cross section. Over at GR.net or the platoon it would be a better barometer. I do think EJ's idea about the double agents would make for a pretty intense story also. The breifings could even be in the form of secret satellite phone convo's with shadowy higher-ups. There are a lot of possibilities, we an focus on the DEVGRU/DELTA mission campaign first and let things evolve. Ideally, both storylines should be linked in some way, characters could even cross paths during the missions somewhere.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2002, 09:55:39 pm »

if you can do that coco, this will be a great mod!

Take it EZ!
bugkill
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2002, 11:26:23 pm »

ok, i think ej's idea is more for a rpg type of mod (which would be cool) and i really don't know how you will be able to pull that off in gr.  coco, i'm sending you an email about this issue, please check it out and tell me what you think through my email.
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2002, 11:33:27 pm »

yo bugkill!! I was wondering... how did you get the idea for a mod like this??

Take it EZ!
bugkill
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2002, 12:42:40 pm »

well, i'm a US soldier and i really like seeing accurate mods for games when it concerns the military. i came across this particular idea when i saw the attempted attack on karzai's life in afghanistan. then i bumped into those photos (first thread) on the net and i remembered to make a note on hoping to see this get made into a mod. i've already pushed this idea to also make it's way into operation flashpoint, but i don't know if it will be done. the fact is that most military type games are somewhat limited in it's scope and i really don't know who the dev's have consulting them, but whoever it is, they suck. why can't  i have the choice of insertion methods (fast-rope, parachute, underwater ops) when going into a mission? imagine getting to the planning screen and you have to judge what would be the best approach for getting to the objective. it would present a whole new way of thinking through a mission, because in real life, the insertion is actually the hardest part of any operation. your mission depends on how well you enter a area of operations and if it's done bad, the whole op is in jeopardy. i would love to see this aspect included in tactical shooters, but it's always the same ole' story with starting at point a and then go to point b, it's getting old. hell, i wish a dev would contact me and i guareente that you guys will get a true military experience, where the plan is just as important as pulling the trigger on a couple of tangos.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2002, 05:21:55 pm »

Yep, in Jack57's mods (Saving pilot ryan, postcards from Peru) he's got a few missions in his campaigns where you insert via parchute into a barrage of enemy fire. It's intense, and just to make it less of a slaughter, you are invulnerable for about 30 seconds upon insertion. It really adds to the gameplay. With the IT maps, you can insert via IBS on the water maps if you script it that way. Right now I'm trying to pitch the idea to him and hopefully pull him onboard for this or the IDF project. Takes some of the burden off me and he's already got the expertise, so I could focus on th characters, retexturing maps, and other things. Cobra and Mac are already throwing guns into the pot Wink

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

{E}LuSiVe

too late! viva taco bell...

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2002, 06:32:46 pm »

i totally agree with bug on this one; always have. hell if they ARE going to limit it to a chopper drop the least they could do is make it LOOK and FEEL like u just roped in! u dont even see the chopper that dropped u; ur supposed to assume that thats how u got there. not good at all.

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
"THREE DOLLARS! Cool, that gets me another scratch-off..."
Buffalo6
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2003, 12:13:45 am »

How about an IDF themed mission about the Raid on Entebbe.  I saw good show on the History Channel the other night and I thought then that it would be a cool GR mission.  Lots of interesting Sayaret Matkal missions that really happend would make good game play.  Just a thought. Wink
abe
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2003, 04:46:49 pm »

a mission pack  for idf would be awsome, but i think the entebbe raid might be difficult to do because its so damn big and also it happened in the late seventies if i remember correctly. i think somthing like the missions in that idf mod for rs (dont remember who made it) would be good- it had stuff like rescuing soldiers, capturing prisoners and storming a hijacked bus, all on some slightly retextured rs map. what would be really cool is if there were some merkava tanks and m113s to back you up. anyways, i think a mod based on the current intifada would be better than a raid on entebbe, even if its a bit more controversial.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2003, 11:02:43 pm »

Controversy, what's that? Grin I do want to do that but I am working on getting my skills to the point where I can do what I want to woith it without being limited by my abilities.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Grail

Talks English Good!

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2003, 11:50:05 pm »

FWIW - and this is just my opinion - I wouldn't play a MOD where you took on the role of terrorists.  Not in todays climate, not ever again.  

I don't buy the "it's only a game" arguement... Huh

Imagine if WOI included a mission where you, as the glorious SS, have to defend a Concentration Camp from American soldiers trying to liberate it.  Extra-bonus points for killing all the remaining Jews before the gates fall.

Shocked

Just a game?  Nothing distateful about that?

There are some things are just to horrific to touch, and the perpetrators of 9/11, Bali, and daily Bus Bombings fall into that catagory.

All IMHO of course.

-------------
Dulce bellum inexpertis - Erasmus
Sam
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2003, 03:41:29 pm »

Good luck with the maps Cocobolo. I am sure you will do a great job.

Sam
Buffalo6
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2003, 12:21:14 am »

I was playing a some PS 2 games with some of my cohorts at the FD today.  Vice City and Max Payne are some of the most gratuitously violent games I have seen.  So if anyone ever bitched that GR was bad or some of the mods involving terrorism are bad then they have not looked hard enough.  Violence is a fact of life, but the violence depected in GR is more of the classic good vs. evil (as long as you consider us as being good and the terrorists as evil, as it should be).  It is all an escape and lets us vicariously fight wrong.  I think an Intefada based Mission pack would be cool... Maybe a mission where the army goes in to protect a MDA (Magen David Adom) ambulance crew that has been ambushed by a cell or bomber.  The Paramedics over there are armed like the military and could be included protecting their patient from the terrorists.  I don't really know of anything else that would be entertaining.  
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2003, 08:02:56 am »

Not a bad idea Buffalo, not bad at all

Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2003, 04:37:13 pm »

Right now I'm talking with Crous Fam about a DELTA/DEVGRU?allied campaign focusing around guarding various VIP's, such as Karzai, etc. Possibly consiting of 2-3 mission sets fo each story, with differing locations, such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Iraq, etc... This mod will add new weps (get ready guys), plainclothes style tactical skins, new tangos and also new non-combatants. The "pinciples" like Karzai will look just like the real guys. Should be interesting, right now I am trying to figure out which maps will work best, which ones to retexture, and also cranking out skins. I'll post some pics later tonight.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Red Scythe

Jesus tap-dancing christ

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2003, 02:50:55 am »

Grin  

Ohhhhh sweet!   Cheesy  

I've been dying for a Colombia mod alla FALN barbecue time

(FALN member)===>  Embarrassed
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2003, 02:56:48 am »

Coco those new skins look swwweeeet. Awesome job, this mod is gonna be killer (no pun intended).

WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2003, 05:37:03 am »

Yeah hes done a great job with this one, as usual. Hes also building me a special weapon for this one  Grin. Let the teasing begin

Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2003, 06:13:59 am »

LOOKING VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads