*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:39:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  Why IDF?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why IDF?  (Read 7519 times)
Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2002, 11:30:53 pm »

Although not eloquently stated, Jamus is correct, Israel has nuclear weapons and I'm sure if threatened would use them. I guess thas why no country has tried to invade them. I really don't think anyone here is debating the performance record of the IDF, and it is one of the motivating factors behind this mod, although I am biased towards the US Army since I served there 7 years.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 11:41:07 pm by Cobra6 » Logged
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2002, 02:56:50 am »

Wonder what that edit was... Grin

Hey Jamus I appreciate the enthusiasm but please keep it civilized... Raven is referring to a conversation we had on IM, it was a great convo and a lot about the Palestinian/IDF situation was discussed. Ironically, I said the same thing about the "occupied" territories all falling within Israel's borders. People talk about these areas like they are in another country and the IDF just rolled into them.

No disrespect Cobra, when comparing the IDF to our forces here in the US. My Grandpops made a pilgrimage to Israel years ago (he's christian, but it a holy place to us too!), but he's a Navy man and he'd slap me if he heard me say anything about another nation's forces comparing to ours, lol..

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

Cobra6
God bless the freaks

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2002, 03:10:17 am »

None Taken, Buuuuttttt we did whip Iraq in 100 hours of ground fighting. I can hear the rhetoric now...but Iraq's military was in piss poor shape and so on, but remember we fought a tank battle like the world has never seen. When I got out of the Army in 1992, the US Army was the best trained, best equipped Army in the world, bar none. In the months leading up to Desert Shield, before we knew we would be going to war, President Bush had total confidence in his military forces. He knew that if we had to use our forces there was no one in the world that could stand up to us, and to this day I do not think you will find a better Army than the US Army of 1990-1992.
Cobra6
God bless the freaks

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2002, 03:13:04 am »

BTW...if I could do a mod, it would be the modeled after the 1st battalion 52nd Infantry...The BEST mechanized force in the world!
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2002, 04:29:19 am »

Tank mod...hmmm Cheesy

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Sulph8

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2002, 11:36:08 am »

Ive been studying the IDF for a LONG time and ive read pretty much every word on isayeret.com (which is my fav site). Anyway, the IDF does have disadvantages as far as organization goes. For example there are too many SF units with many of them covering the same responsibilities. I dont know too much about the U.S military but I have a feeling it is very nicely organized. Also, budget problems are a real pain in the ass for the IDF. It would be good if they had nice flow of extra cash. There are also some really stupid political problems that put limits on the IDF. For example, due to political pressure, the IDF now has to employ the IMI Tavor which the they dont really want (especially because of a major tactical flaw that means it cant be used in CQB). They would much rather use the US m16-m4, which is better and can be bought using the US foreign military aid Israel receives. Oops, sorry for raving!
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2002, 03:00:14 pm »

IMI is currently negotiating to have some percentage of the Tavor-2's built here in the US, so they'd be able to use portions of the US military aid money to pay for them. It is widely believed to be an inferior weapon to the M4, but it's an Israeli weapon from an Israeli weapons firm... It's already being used in CQB environments, however, several of the IDF mod's splash screens depict operators using them in Jenin. There are long to super-short versions of the Tavor-2, but the main percieved drawback is that it's much more awkward to reload, so swapping mags takes longer.

The UK is similar in that it has pushed Bullpup rifles almost since their inception, and today the standard issue UK rifle is the Enfield SA80, considered to be one of the worst rifles in the world. Now if they all just replaced them with Steyr AUG's..... Wink

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Sulph8

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2002, 03:05:57 pm »

Hmmm I thought the problem was that the bullets eject too close to the face or something like that. As for the mod, to my painfull misfortune I havent actually played it. I have a confession to make. I have the warez version (but ONLY because I cant afford it) so I cant install the patch which means I cant seem to get mods to work. Damn I wanna play it!!! Sad
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2002, 07:11:44 pm »

All bullpups eject on the opposite side , adjacent to the face... I think that would be a matter of preference rather than a design flaw. This is the Tavor's third full rediesgn so I think it's pretty refined at this point. It's just such a drastic difference from the traditional layout of the m4  (not to mention the modular nature of the M4) that many just don't want to change.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

masiro

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2002, 08:17:05 pm »

Weird, I do not approove the use of weapons to kill civilians and less children.

I see the MOD and it's real life characteristics as top weapon technology.
A few weeks ago I used a Galil assault rifle on a shooting range, hell this gun is great, I sprayed with it as a subgun and later I put on a scope to shoot at 100m small groups.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2002, 08:31:41 pm »

Hey, guns don't kill people, people kill people... right?

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

masiro

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2002, 08:37:15 pm »

Yep, Coco I agree with you.
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2002, 11:53:32 pm »

i thought its the BANG that kills people Wink

Take it EZ!
masiro

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2002, 12:11:08 am »

Well the person who pulls the trigger pointing at an civilian or child is a murderer.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2002, 12:59:42 am by masiro » Logged
Jamus
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2002, 01:32:18 am »

The picture with the soldier pointing a gun to 2 children is a fake... even a baby can see that... and i can edit a picture like this in 10 minutes...

about the Tavor... it was experimented in a platoon, a second platoon got the m4 for experiment... guess what??? the TAVOR was praised by the soldiers that are testing it... now , i am sure  our army will get the best rifle... which is the TAVOR...
bullets will be bought from america ...

this is what i know....

Cobra6
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2002, 02:07:42 am »

When I was a soldier I would have shot a child in a heartbeat if my life depended upon it. I still feel that way to this day...if a 13 year old kid pulls a gun on me, guess what, I'm going home at the end of the day. It's funny, but people do not realize that children can be as much of a soldier as someone who is 25 years old. If you watched BHD, remember the part where the Ranger is coming out of that house and he slips and the kid kills his father, well, I would have dusted the kid also. You are in a war enviroment with kids hauling around AK47's and wearing Load Bearing Equipment, they are now COMBATANTS...just my 3 cents worth.
{E}LuSiVe

too late! viva taco bell...

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2002, 05:36:49 am »

dont forget that other BHD part where the lady (in a panic) picks up an AK. that soldier waited untill his life was in danger untill he pulled the trigger.

"DONT YOU DO IT! DONT YOU DO IT!" ...

whether you like it or not, you would do the same thing. in an adrenaline rush, sometimes ur mind thinks FOR you... if u know what i mean. u wanna die? didnt think so.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2002, 05:37:42 am by Ejl2001 » Logged

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
"THREE DOLLARS! Cool, that gets me another scratch-off..."
Sulph8

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2002, 10:49:50 am »

Hey guys, could I ask you a question. How did the army change your life? I intend to be in the IDF in a year or two and I think it will be a great thing for me. Make me stronger mentally and physically. Whats your opinions on the military?
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2002, 02:48:13 pm »

Well the person who pulls the trigger pointing at an civilian or child is a murderer.

Not to go back on the topic but Masiro, you shoud be able to tell how fake that pic is! I have the original pic of the IDF operator, he's aiming at militants who are advancing in the original photo. Don't be fooled by the propaganda buddy, the IDF don't have to fabricate pictures of dead civilians for publicity, all you have to do is watch the news.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2002, 05:03:09 pm »

Hey guys, could I ask you a question. How did the army change your life? I intend to be in the IDF in a year or two and I think it will be a great thing for me. Make me stronger mentally and physically. Whats your opinions on the military?

Sulph the only way the Army changed my life is that I dislike weapons and war more than ever. I became a pacifist and think computer games are enough. On our first combat simulation I have learned that you probably won't see your enemy when you get shot. He just lies somewhere aims and bang. That was your life. Great, wasn't it. Well the Army  shows you your physical and mental borders but I think that didn't make me stronger. It only changes my way how I think about crisis. Because whenever I have troubles with my girlfriend, with money,... I think back to my Army time and I know it could be worse hehe. In Austria I was forced to join the Army for 8 months the only option was to do civil services for 12 months but I didn't want to lose more time until I can go to university. At all if you have the choice don't join the Army(when I speak of Army I mean all parts of it, Infantry, Navy,Airforce,...). You risk your life!!! You can forget your private life you had before  and last but not least you get paid bad for what you risk.

Do something constructive! - My advice.

Regards,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads