*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:23:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  Why IDF?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why IDF?  (Read 7514 times)
Vanholt

I'm a llama!

« on: August 19, 2002, 05:05:11 am »

I love the mod guys (as you can tell by my review at gr.net). But my question is why did you choose the IDF? I love the IDF and love to read about them, but what made you guys choose them? Proly related or something but oh well and also when is the IDF patch expected?
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 06:44:44 pm »

Hey Van. I think Coco and co. chose the IDF for a GR mod because they were planning on making an IDF mod for some time. They've had lots of mods planned but some never got finished due to time constraints and other projects. But with GR being out doorsey the IDF were a natural choice andsomething they wanted to do for awhile. At least I think that's part of the reason, I could be wrong. Hopefully one of the DTD team will respond and explain for certain why the IDF were chosen.

Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 03:09:58 pm »

It was originally Cobra who suggested IDF as a mod due to the wealth of info and images, I loved the idea. I regard the IDF as the most experienced and innovative military force in the world, due to their constant active status and incredible victories against hard odds. Many people don't know that the IDF were the pioneers of aircraft and train/bus takedowns, now standard tactics for any CT team. Overall, I admire them and I'm glad the mod seems to represent them.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 11:52:44 pm »

everytime i play IDF i think of my poor nice palestinian hairdresser who has to go through the battlefields to visit her family down near jerusalem

Take it EZ!
Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 11:57:57 pm »

My reason for choosing the IDF for a mod was simply...respect. Being a soldier at one time I have a great deal of respect for soldiers in general, but my hats off to one of the best military outfits in the world.
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 12:01:03 am »

you where a soldier cobra?? Shocked Shocked Still i feel sorry for my haidresser  Wink

Take it EZ!
Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 01:20:05 am »

I spent 7 years in the US Army...all seven years in the infantry.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 03:50:47 am »

....i feel sorry for my haidresser  Wink

Your...hairdresser....?

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 04:56:09 pm »

my hairdresser is palestinian and has to go near jerusalem to visit her famely Wink. thats where the battlefields are right??

Take it EZ!
{E}LuSiVe

too late! viva taco bell...

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2002, 05:32:02 pm »

i think the battlefields are everywhere, man...

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
"THREE DOLLARS! Cool, that gets me another scratch-off..."
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2002, 09:15:35 pm »

They aren't battlefields in the classical sense, they are urban populated Palestinian settlements or portions of palestinian controlled jerusalem.

You have to understand that the IDF is fighting a war against a cowardly enemy that chooses to hide among innocent civillians, thereby making those that surround them potential casualties. This goes for those muslims that are just trying to work and live in the area as well. Additionally, the culture of many of the popular Muslim groups in the area does nothing to discourage the practice of terrorism, often this culture is supportive of terror. It's a self-perpetuating cycle which will never end unitl either the IDF clears out the settlements and camps altogether, or the muslim population takes a stand and opposes terror, instead choosing a diplomatic solution.

The main problem lies in the deeply rooted hatred of all other groups, imbedded in many Muslim children from birth. A culture who's history books state that Israel is evil and must be destroyed. The prevailing tone is that those who do not oppose Israel are traitors, and are usually killed and dragged through the streets by their own people. What it will take is a strong leader, brave enough to oppose the terror groups and lead the people away from the violence... unfortunately, anybody like this will almost surely be assasinated. SO you see that it's more about Palestinians destroying themselves and any chance for freedom, than it is about the IDF destroying them.
It's war, bad things happen in war.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2002, 10:29:38 pm »

*stunned* wow man you do know how to make people think about things. but your right. every country has its "bad" people.

Take it EZ!
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2002, 01:58:18 pm »

I regard the IDF as the most experienced and innovative military force in the world, due to their constant active status and incredible victories against hard odds.

I rephrase my previous post, I'd say they are SOME of the most experienced CT operators in the word.

As for every country having it's bad people, this is true, but bad ideas are always more dangerous than people. Now when  bad ideas are disguised as a religion, when a peaceful religion is perverted into a reason to hate people, that's the real danger I think.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2002, 11:10:42 pm »

something that made me think on CNN last nite.

Saddam said "Any attack on Iraq is an attack on the entire arab world."

considering how charismatic he seems to be to a large portion of the arab community, having every sect, terrorist cell and organization that is out for American blood go completely haywire sounds like a really BAD THING...

i often wonder what the response (American, Israeli and Arab/Muslim) would be if American troops landed in Isreal in an effort to help israel rid itself of these suicide-bombing cowards.

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2002, 02:11:50 pm »

It's not the place of the US to go into other nations to handle domestic issues that do not directly affect us. Either way, the IDF has no lack of personell or expertise... But anything we do over there, I'm pretty sure all of the Arab leaders would have shit-fits. But there's always a theme with these countries, and that is "Big talk, little action". Remember, during the 6 day war a coalition of 6 Arab nations attempted to invade Israel and was completely routed by Israel. Afganistan offered little opposition... that's the beauty of airstrikes, the only thing I can see happening is the US possibly spreading itself too thin. Of course, terror attacks are sure to increase, but it's only a matter of time anyway.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2002, 04:40:55 pm »

Remember, during the 6 day war a coalition of 6 Arab nations attempted to invade Israel and was completely routed by Israel

my two uncles fought in that, one was a mortarman and the other a paratrooper. The latter became a hermit thereafter and doesnt speak to us family anymore, i have a feeling the war messed him up some... though noone else believes my theory.

also keep in mind israel won the 6 day war with lots of air strikes as well. their air force is and always has been excellent. oh, theyre also trying to send weapon inspectors into iraq again to comvince people of how much of a threat he is.

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
masiro

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2002, 06:08:41 pm »

I do not like this shit in Israel.
To many civilians are involved in this nightmare.
The IDF mod has nothing to do with this I hope.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2002, 08:57:11 pm »

The mod is a portrayal of the IDF. Whether you like the real world IDF or not, it's still a fun mod, to play in a fun game. That's the bottom line I guess...

I expected to hear some debate about this mod so please guys,  don't hold back about your feelings on the mod, the IDF, or whatever.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2002, 10:14:40 pm »

should post our little chat here coco   Wink that would cause debate

Take it EZ!
Jamus
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2002, 11:15:54 pm »

Jerusalem is not palastinian land... ALL JERUSALEM IS ISRAEL LAND..
and that daaaam palastenian barber can go shoot himself... or better yet... he can come to me... i will shoot the bastard...
as for IDF... it is the BEST army in the world... BEST... no other army, NO OTHER, could have coped with an urban fighting like the IDF... the great US army wants advice from our army... U HERE THAT??? we got the best innovative army in the world... and we still HIDE a lot of capabilities... ALOT (not only those that do mashrums)...

IDF rulez
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads