*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:40:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who is coming in finals top 4 or top 6???  (Read 3217 times)
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 09:17:27 pm »

Actually, I hear tell that some ones are considering biting the bullet.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2004, 12:55:58 am »

Aramarth the current system has been build by the community before season 5. We have thought about many many solutions and this was the best which keeps the freedom of every clan to play when they want to and not when they have to play.

Civic pointed out that sometimes you lose too much points in relation to the points you can earn, this gonna be changed slightly for season 9 if the clan was in the +3+/-4 rank range.

Another reason why a sheduled league wouldn't work out is that we are from all over the world and this would lead to shedule issues between cross continental cbs as we have already experienced more than once in the finals.

About the 50 wins for the first cb. This is a security measure and not an accurate ranking addition.

bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2004, 04:33:29 am »

I knew it would happen, but I really never expected it to be you. Mauti, nowhere in my plans is a schedule used. Someone always has to say schedule when I'm making suggestions... *sigh* Sure, I want you to make it a point to play each other clan. There is no requirement on when. I am sure in a two month time period your two clans can find the time to meet once. If they can't, how in the heck do our finals ever work.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2004, 09:45:54 am »

Indeed you didn't talk about set times.  Your idea would lead to fair and objective selected finals, on the other side the clans that get into the finals now have been really working hard to get there and they deserve it.

I see your intentions behind the idea: to get more cbs done and that's always a good one.

Bye,

Mauti

« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:47:38 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Noto
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2004, 06:02:59 pm »

Personally I think that 8 clans in the finals are 4 too much. Given the number of wins it would require to get into 8th place, I think it would be too easy to go into finals.

If we stay at 4, the finals will still be hard to reach, thus being more of an achievement for the 4 clans that DO make it. Something they can be proud of. Hopefully that will encourage clans to cb their asses of to try and make it.

z][t-Magnetic

Are you guys scared of having more clans to play against, and possibly clans you never faced during the main season?  Geez, I've never seen so much complaining by a clan about too much competition.

8 clans will be nice, since the first round will be more of a preliminary round to really define the top 4.  Many seasons have gone by where the 4-8 placements have been up in the air, and could seemingly go to anyone.  I think it will be a pleasant change to bring more clans into a tournament style of playing, rather than the majority of the seasons that resembles "team ffa".

.::|N| Noto
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2004, 06:36:01 pm »

OMG Noto...where did that come from? Where is all that complaining you are talking about?Huh
The only thing we have complained about recently is our trouble finding cbs.

We take on anybody, anywhere, anytime. You would know, if you ever played.
And should the admins decide to make it an 8 clan final, we will be ready to face that.
Actually z][t misses a lot of the competition we had last season with BTs, and we welcome any competetion - hell, that?s why we even bother playing.
I just think that 8 clans in the finals makes the finals more "unspecial", since almost 1/3 of the participating clans would be in.

z][t-Magnetic
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 06:47:55 pm by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

Noto
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2004, 08:11:24 pm »

I just think that 8 clans in the finals makes the finals more "unspecial", since almost 1/3 of the participating clans would be in.

Mag, I'm not trying to bag on your or your clan, but most of the opposition I have seen has come from z][t.  I don't know why, and personally I do not care, as it pertains to your individual taste and not mine.

If you look at the majority of sports around the world, specifically the U.S., you will find that the "playoffs" usually contain quite a few rounds and began with nearly a majority of the original competing teams.  The National Hockey League and the National Football League here in North America begin playoffs with a majority of the teams, then weed it down.  Personally, I would rather have more clan battles that counted for something rather than for creating points.  The more playoff games we have means that every match is important, no mistakes can be made, and the true skill of a clan can be shown.  The current system merely allows the top 4 or 6 points hogs to go into finals, and two of those clans usually (no one specifically) suck, but they got to the finals by sheer numbers, not skill necessarily.

As you might be able to see, a larger group going into finals helps to really determine the skill levels of the clans that participate.  There are some pretty good clans out there that won't make finals this season simply because they didn't whore points (I'm not blaming or pointing a finger, just stating a point and a fact).

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2004, 09:35:40 pm »

I love the fact that 8 clans may in finals, I personally believe it would make finals a bit more exciting in the end and will add a chance of the underdogs making it on.  It could also give a clan a second chance at winning, something we ( :cO:. ) could have used last season as we could'nt find a cb the last week of the season and stuck in 5th place. I like this idea of 8 in finals.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 09:37:02 pm by Krush » Logged

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2004, 10:57:26 pm »

i know i don't got much to say but in my eyes 8 would be cool ( for your clan(s)) it would make it more funny with more clans in the finals . i would like to see that how it goes. but would it be fair to change it now?

Stripes

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
Noto
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2004, 12:08:58 am »

i know i don't got much to say but in my eyes 8 would be cool ( for your clan(s)) it would make it more funny with more clans in the finals . i would like to see that how it goes. but would it be fair to change it now?

Does it make a difference?  Clans that thought they were down and out will now be able to fight their way into finals, and the fight for those new places in Finals should be intense.

There really isn't a question of fairness because that would mean an advantage would need to be give to someone, which currently is not happening.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2004, 12:23:34 am »

At the moment i see it as there being just a handfull of dominant clans that are (no offence) in a different league. Where is the fun for the clans lower down on the scale if they simply never get a chance to even get a look in on the finals - as it stands look at the point difference between these clans.

The introduction of some system that opens the finals up to try and extend a greater sense of competition in my oppinion is nothing but good Cheesy

perhaps another alternative like is suggested a while back is to introduce two tiers - like 1st and 2nd divisions - that way giving lower level clans a chance to compete - but also retaining the strengh of the copmpertition between the top teams

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2004, 02:01:35 am »

I expect BFG to post a more formal result later, but I feel like I should post something.

The original vote to increase the number of finalists on the GhR team ladder was passed 6-2. A new vote was taken, and now the result is nearly the opposite, 5-2 against enlarging the finals. Three admins changed their votes from in favor to against without so much as leaving a sentence in explaination.

So, I suppose your finals hopes are gone if you are not ranked in the top four. I won't say it here out of courtesy, but perhaps on my website I will enshrine the names of the enlightened people who do not stand behind their own votes.

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 08:44:08 am »

but perhaps on my website I will enshrine the names of the enlightened people who do not stand behind their own votes.

Shocked Taking it a bit too serious?  Shocked

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2004, 09:44:59 am »

Just read your site ara, you have my support.. . if it's worth anything.  Smiley

I missed the presence of name calling and bashing though.. .I feed on gossip!!! come on, throw me a bone here  Grin

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2004, 05:35:44 pm »

Ara im not An Admin and i didn't vote on any of this  but i do get to see what is going on and i think this is unfair.

Mauti re-called the vote for good reason and i do not think any of the three admins who changed their votes from the original call did it on a call of a whim. The situation now is different from what it was before and given the different circumstances they have every right to change their votes should they believe that the situation demands so.

You might have noticed the other thread regarding changes mid season - although i agree with a lot of people that the current system isn't perfect, nor do i think that with a week or two left now is the time to overhaul it.

Rather than being 'englightened' they are just different matters of opinions, although i agree with what you are saying in parts i do not believe its giving an entire view of the situation.

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 06:30:42 pm »

How do three people change their minds without so much as commenting on why? I do not exaggerate when I say that they wrote two words to change their votes, and none to set the record straight. This is what I object to. If you think I am objecting to the fact that the vote was retaken at all, you are putting meaning where I do not intend to have it.

For those of you who ran to my site, I have not touched it yet. Got to bring the pot down to a simmer before it boils over onto the stove.

Noto
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2004, 07:36:08 pm »

How do three people change their minds without so much as commenting on why?

I would expect as much in the real world let alone this virtual community that we spend so much time involved with.  I never question anyone's actions any longer on these forums.  For all I know, they are just some 10 yr old who doesn't know what's going on, or perhaps a 35 yr old getting their rocks off by pissing people off.  And get this, sometimes people just change their minds...

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2004, 08:38:02 pm »

I missed the presence of name calling and bashing though.. .I feed on gossip!!! come on, throw me a bone here  Grin

You've now got your bone. The names have been removed to protect the guilty, but I am sure you can have some fun guessing who is who. I never had so many hits on that spam site of mine as I did in the past few days, so I'm happy to post a daily tidbit to keep it going lol.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2004, 08:52:40 pm »

Ara this is getting ridiculous.

To All Clans, there is obviously a lot of confusion regarding the finals and this should never have come about. For now (now being as short as possible!) hang tight, don't take previous information as being set,  and as soon as possible a definite decision will be made available regarding the number of clans in the finals and how the finals system for this season will work.

Until the issue of the Finals has been clarified im closing this thread as it is rapidly disintergrating towards petty flaming and has become totally unbenificial to all parties.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads