*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:21:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Couple problems/questions  (Read 2189 times)
Ssickboy

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 01:24:45 am »

Sorry you feel that way Mysterio.  And I'm sure you did not intend for this to become a debate about our last CB specifically.  Your perspective of time between matches may be a bit on the hasty side.  But your concern is noted.  I think the time between matches during our last CB should in the worst case be expected.  

It was a close CB, played all 5 matches,
Camping seemed non-existent.
Most matches were 2-1.  
Only one draw the entire CB (maybe 2 draws?)
17 official rounds @ approx. 3mins avg. = 57mins.
30 secs avg. between rounds = 6mins.

6 loaded maps - 1 min. each load = 6mins
1-2 lag tests x 6 (1min avg) =  11mins
1 minor dispute = 1 min
approx. 1min avg. strategy discussion between matches.  (1 minute can seem like a long ass time when you're waiting for the other team to call the map) = 5mins.

TOTAL = 86mins

King said we started at 11pm eastern.  I remember talking around that time, waiting for Maniac, and then going ahead around 11:30pm. CB End 1am.  Submitted 1:15am

that leaves abut 4-5mins of bullshitting.  

That is, i think, an ideal time for a closely faught CB.  

« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 01:57:24 am by Ssickboy » Logged

Retire Bush
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 02:42:06 am »

Easy gentlemen. As valid as your points may be, you are now ganging up on the guy.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 03:27:02 am »

Pop, your a moderator now. Who are you to say Mysterio can't have his own opinion on how the cb went?

As for a switching maps after lag test is done...Personally I think lag tests should only be held at the beginning of the Game. Once a map is chosen that map is chosen. There shouldnt be any switching from there. It was never allowed in RS, why would we start now? And the only lag "bugs" that I have seen is when first joining the host server.

Of course this is just my "opinion"...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 03:36:09 am by BoC?.vooDoo.-a2- » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
c| King.of.Pop

The Thriller

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 07:16:32 pm »

Voo I never said he couldnt feel how he does.  I said it made no sense to me is all.  The time the cb took was short and there was no bullshit.  Myself and others just dont understand his complaint is all.  I would never deny anyone their feelings on something.  I was just debating the counter point to his argument because I dont agree with him, which I do have a right to do.  Yes I'm a moderator, and honestly this started out by me just trying to figure out why mysterio was complaing about our cb and comparing to the other supposed horror stories of his other cb's.  Ssick and I left the cb with a good feeling and we thought they did too.  I would be lying if I didnt say i'm actually kind of frustrated and even...yes a little bummed he was unhappy because Ssick and I went into the cb with the intention of making it go smoothly.  We thought we had done so...And if I seemed a little hostile I apologize, it came from that same frustration.

Done...Kingo  

Grammy award winning killer...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads