*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:03:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Windowed or Full Screen?  (Read 4666 times)
.::|N| DIESEL

« on: May 20, 2003, 09:55:31 pm »

Also, How many players keep 2 folders on their desktop which contain FSNV (illeagal in the BL) and Legal NV?

Please refer to exhibit A if you dont know what WINDOWED mode is:
These are ss's of a desktop DURING CB!

http://cwdim.com/bts/adesktopduringcb/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 10:21:07 pm by |n|`DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
|n|`4rch3r
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 10:08:26 pm »

cant find vote button
i play streched on 4 monitors, no
full screen, all legal, no cheats

it's archer
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 10:10:04 pm »

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here, but i have to say that does look very suspicious.  I can see no legitimate reason to using windowed mode, unless you plan on swaping textures out in the middle of the game.  Being in windowed mode slows down over all response time to the game, at least on my computer.

Little bit unsettling...seems as though there is a way around the cheat test after all.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
BTs_Nova
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 10:13:20 pm »

Im not registered, and dont need to register ;o)

if there are no CBs, then i play in window mode.
why?? coz a lot off ppl talk to my in icq, gr, or something else.....
and if i die, i can read post in forums, so i dont need to watch a boring game.....

but i play in fullscreen if i take part in a CB, coz my mouse is less accurat in window mode :-(

i have no FSNV :-( i used it a lot in CBs....i usedd it since i got it from diesel, wehn his clan was know as SSI, and before i get back to SM which merged with SSI and fall apart some days later  Shocked

if anyone has this FSNV, plz send it to me  Wink
does anyone have this Wireframe mod?!?
aaaaaaaah i had so many hacks and cracks for GHR, but when i deleted my whole hd, they all got lost coz i forgot to copy them Shocked(

BUT I NEVER USED THESE MOD IN CBS, EXCEPT FSNV, when it was "allowed" :angel:
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 10:54:08 pm »

WOW

I have to delete a whole shit of flies from my computer.... Didn't know it was illigal to have files on your computer.

And the screenshot in question is from a cb that nova never even got to play in...

I also want you to know... that Nova subbed into this game... Right away no chance of him changing settings because the "other" team was in a hurry ;P

One more thing.... You took the sceenshot of a guy who errored in a cb. On a day map... from a guy who never got a chance to play the cb...

And as for window or full screen mode? On window mode my computer runs a hell of alot faster... 466 G4

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 11:10:48 pm »

"if there are no CBs, then i play in window mode." -Nova

Eight i dont think you have to speak for Nova saying that windowed mode effects the performance of his machine.  He clearly said he dosent play in windowed mode during cb in his post.  

This my friend is the opposite of the truth considering the ss's you sent me of his desktop.

And if something is illegal and you participte in an orgainzed function that does not allow certain files why would they be on your desktop.  Having files on your desktop means you "use them alot."

_D
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 11:36:39 pm »

D, again you must of misunderstood me...

I don't know if you read it wrong or whatever but when did i say Nova's computer runs better in windows mode? I SAID MY COMPUTER DOES.

As for having shit on the desktop... AGAIN, I am not speaking for Nova...

But my desktop is a mess with files dating back to the old DEA days... Does this mean i use them alot ?

As for being illigal.. Yes those cheats are illigal in CBs. But would i be taken off the league if i use fsnv in a regular server game?

Should i delete all my files on my computer because some league says i cant use them?

I don't cheat lemme get that straight with you all... But at the same time... Having the FSNV on my desktop means I cheat? How bout if i move the folder to another place on my computer does that mean i still cheat?

Again those screenshots were for the CB in question. If you don't want to play against Nova fine.... We'll talk about it.

But don't accuse someone of cheating when the person in question NEVER PLAYED A CB AGAINST YOU!

Can i get harddrive scans of each of your members to make sure you guys don't have any funky files on your computer?

This is what your saying right?

Nova has funky folders on his desktop, and for this he is a cheater.. Right?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 11:37:42 pm by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
BTs_Nova
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 12:10:53 am »

ok.......

lemme tell u how this shit was goiing on!

i started ghr......as i did it every time (before i changed in the option.xml to fullscreen).....
no problem while i was in the "join room"
it started to count down.....5...4...3...2...1..go.....

the map was loaded in fullscreen......but i already noticed there, that this "loading" window in the middle, where respan, timelimit, etc is show is filling out the whole screen ------> switched to 640x480!
and i thought, well, ok.....ill tell them my ghr sucks

i had some problems with my ghr several time ago......
what happens?!? the options are reset......
everything!!!!! my keybind, graphics, everything!
why!?? god damn i dont know it!! the only this that fixes this is a complete new installation.
something is wrong with my mac and my system, why i have to let him checked.....

some hardwar is demaged, i think.
but thats not the point!
the point is, that i got this fuck in the cb!
and i entered the menu (pressed esc) and wanted at least to modify my keybinds......
when i "accepted" i got these strange textures
and the game switched from FS 640x480 to Window Mode 640x480 and with these graphic issues.....

and something to the files:
u meight not believe me, but i wasnt knowing that there are these folders on my desk.
i noticed them when 8`s asked me about these folder in gr.....

i think i mentioned already that i got this nice FSNV from YOU DIESEL!!!!
i got it from YOU when i was in SSI!!!
And if u wanna say that im a cheater, because i have this files on my desk.....
sry guys, but i dont want to know what u have!!
i got a lot of mods from u.....FSNV for example, new crosshairs, new skins and so on.

u havent said that i cheat, yet, but its obvious that u think so. but just let u know:

IM SO FED UP WITH THIS WHOLE "U CHEAT SHIT", AND ALL THESE ALLEGATIONS!!!!
DAMN MAN STFU I GOT THIS STUFF FROM U! IM REALLY INTERESSTED WHICH FILES U STILL HAVE!!!

im really fed up with this fuck cheating!!!
I DO NOT CHEAT IN CBS!!!
i used FSNV until it was declared as a cheat in cbs.........
--->dont use them any more

im fair enough, not to use cheats in important games, like cbs are!
only to make this clear!!

of course u wont believe me, but thats the truth!
im really fed up with this cheating shit!! and that was why i stopped TacOps, where a lot of ppl cheated!!
and now im fed up with these allegations!!!

bless god when scott isuess this "anti-cheat" plug-in!!!!

sry for this post, but i couldnt control myself any more.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 12:53:52 am »

Nova, Nova, Nova-

Firstly, just relax and take a deep breath.  I never accused you of cheating, however, I recieved some ss's from you that look a bit suspicious.  I thought I would get the rest of the participants in the BL's opinion on this matter.  First you say you play in windowed mode and now you dont because of "blah, blah, blah..."  I think you have said enough up until this point in regards to you playing in windowed mode.  Its established that you do, but for what reason is the question I would like to know.  

"i think i mentioned already that i got this nice FSNV from YOU DIESEL!!!!
i got it from YOU when i was in SSI!!!
And if u wanna say that im a cheater, because i have this files on my desk.....
sry guys, but i dont want to know what u have!!
i got a lot of mods from u.....FSNV for example, new crosshairs, new skins and so on."

This quote of course is from Nova's post.

Nova I understand that you feel the need to bring me into the cheating wonderland but please dont try cause it will be very difficult being as though I dont cheat.  You can take an ss of my desktop or my game any day;  Hell save all the replays when we  play against BTs because you wont even find a glitch.  

I am very aware of how the "not so perfect" things are in GHR.  With this knowledge I use it to benefit myself by avoiding it not abusing it.  I frequently play GHR on PC servers and even by observing certain players running cheats its very clear what cheats can do and what they look like.  (even laughed about in the debrief by the parties possessing the cheats.)  

This poll was not intended to become a flame war but just a survey to see how many people play under two conditions and an explanation to follow. Please dont make this personal Nova you can drop me a PM anytime cause I dont block people.  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 12:54:21 am by |n|`DIESEL » Logged

_D
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 01:06:44 am »

Hello all

Just to let you know I play in full screen I have seen it in windowed mode and cant really see shit so I dont know why you would want to play that way anyway...but that is you choice to make not mine.

General

GEN BILLY
Nova
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 01:21:02 am »

Diesel:

i said i play in FS and WM(window mode)
when u read my 1 reply u will be able to read this.

i have a "logitech wireless optical mouseman" which behaves slow and laggy when i play in window mode....
if i just wanna have some fun, then ill play in WM on public servers, and im still available for my team on gr if there is a cb, or for friends in icq, or if i died, to check my mails instead of watching a "boring" game.

and if there is a cb, i use FS, because my mouse moves smoother and is more accurate.
i dont know why, but thats the way it is

and i dont cheat in cbs.
yeah im used FSNV when im playing on public servers, and now that i know, that i still have FSNV ill use it again on public servers, cause the ghr nv sucks like hell!

and ure lucky, that my email account on gmx.de saves only my emails for 30days, thats why i have no mail, which will show that i got those mods from u, but i got it from u, thats for sure.
i know it, and know it too.....
its ok if u dont want that ppl do the same, they do now with me, or what they did with me.....

it just seems to me, that ppl have problems if they get beaten....
im not the best player, but as long as i played shooters like UT, TacOps and now GhR i was a (very) good player, and thats why i was always blamed as a cheater.....
and sry, but im realy fed up with it!

thats why i meight be a little too aggresiv, sry Diesel.

btw: its easy to say: "You can take an ss of my desktop or my game any day;"
its the same why a policeman says to a criminal: ill come tomorrow and search for drugs.....
u just have to drop your files into folders, or rename it....
and your statement above is like mine now:
i dont need to hide my folders, because i have nothing to hide.....
thats the same logic u used

and now: good night, its 1:20am in germany and i had a hard day, cya
gl&hf with ghr! Cool
BTs_Nova

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2003, 02:01:04 am »

for those who are interesste in the original pdf files, pm me or send me a mail.....

@mauti, u can get the original files frm me, including a 4th one, taken a few minutes ago which shows date and time when they were taken......
and the clock of my finder tells me the same time, when the ss were made.
why this 4th ss??

"because |n| gen billy started to say that i took the ss from a replay and faked them!"

that`s wrong!! Sorry! +MOD+ BFG.GEN said that in a different way
both have a Gen in their names
sry gen billy, my fault!;)

mail: nova@battleteksquad.com
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 02:11:14 am by BTs_Nova » Logged

BattleTekSquad:
Winners of Season 4 Team Ghost Recon Ladder
Winners of Season 5 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
Winners of Season 6 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
to be continued...
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2003, 02:07:39 am »

"because |n| gen billy started to say that i took the ss from a replay and faked them!"

if you scroll up nova i never said you messed with your screenshots you have gotta to relax and look at what your saying

GEN BILLY
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2003, 02:40:03 am »

HI, i play in full screen mode, my comp sucks to much to play in windows...am i in the wrong room here...?

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
BTs_Nova

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2003, 02:46:24 am »

I can see no legitimate reason to using windowed mode, unless you plan on swaping textures out in the middle of the game.  Being in windowed mode slows down over all response time to the game, at least on my computer.

thats why i dont use WM in cbs!
and i said why i do use WM if i dont play in a cb.
not everyone has the same point of view of things like WM
its very comfortable to use it, coz u are playing ans still available for others......
im playing x-plane, warcraft3, stracraft, uplink and all the other game, which provide a WM in a window!
not only GHR!

btw:no, ure not in the wrong topic Dr.No
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 02:47:04 am by BTs_Nova » Logged

BattleTekSquad:
Winners of Season 4 Team Ghost Recon Ladder
Winners of Season 5 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
Winners of Season 6 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
to be continued...
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 06:15:57 am »

WELL I just played a game in windowed mode

yes eight is correct it runs a bit better on my G3/400  then fullscreen does

i see no reason why you couldn't play a CB like that.

if you wanna see my screenshots of windowed mode just ask. i ended up owning with 5 kills no deaths, the next guy had 1 kill 2 deaths so it wasn't a hinderance. i've never played around with WM but i do like it now. i don't swap textures (i've never had FSNV) but it is useful to be able to do other stuff after dying in a long game.

now that said i don't think it matter whether FSNV is on his desktop. the map played was embassy so no nightvision anyway. unless you are a weirdo with Ultra violet eyes.

however it does look like you were swapping textures and you messed em up. i don't think you could submit a SS that looked anything more like that without actually showing FSNV enabled.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
.::|N| juGGla

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 09:11:40 pm »

BOOOO! BOOOO!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
n00b
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 09:24:40 pm »

How do you play in Window Mode?  Do you have to type a special command, or hit special keys(apple tab or something like that)?  How do you do it?
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 01:21:58 am »

I believe that Nova DOES NOT cheat in cbs....

Ah windows mode sucks...... To distracting.

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 01:24:44 am »

P.S.

No Offense Diesel, but it does seem to be a flame war posting party against Nova.

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads