*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:01:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  |?K| vs AgT
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: |?K| vs AgT  (Read 1901 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: December 08, 2002, 09:10:58 am »

For anyone who hasn't yet seen, AK has defeated AgT, in a 4v4 RS CB, by a score of 5-4-1. I'm starting this topic because some amazing things took place in this CB. From Typhy 4 kills, to a 12 minute, 8 second game.

AK is ahead of AgT 2-1. The map is City Street Large. Rapid snipes, gets himself 1, and dies, 5150 dies from a nade on the stairs, Monk is wounded, and Typhy is hurt from the nade. We set up a camp type set in the upper room at CSL. Little did we know, that Cossack, the remaining AgT did the same, in the gold base. After about 2 minutes of that, Monk noticed that the timer was on, and called for assault. We located Cossack, Monk rushed him and was killed, just as I was setting up a prefire flank, the time ran out. We agreed that the game would be redone.

The next "odd" thing, would go to the final game, 4-4-1, AgT has gold at Canals on Rapid's host. After an all out hold-the-area type defend style by Rapid, Typhy, Monk and 5150, Rapid and 5150 were killed. Monk and Typhy were both injured. We then set up a team base set, with Monk covering my back. After about 8 minutes of that, I asked my bro for the time, he told me "10:42", I said "Tell me when it's 10:50, and I'm going to go find this guy". At 10:46 Cossack busted in, and was taked down by myself.

This is not my style of winning, I like close combat, room to room fighting, however, I knew Cossack had C4, and with a gimp, and hardly able to move, I knew I had no chance.

I think both clans realized how important this CB would be to the overall outcome of the Battle League. It was an exellently played CB, a bit of camping that I disliked, but overall a very good CB.

My honest opinion, win or lose, I had fun. And had we lost, who better to lose to than the Agency? Had they won, they would've deserved it, they played great, as did we.

Great CB guys.

-Typhy

Very tired, pardon spelling errors.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 03:04:31 pm »

Awww i wish you had waited for me, lol. Great job anyways.

Retired Mac RS Player.
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 06:38:01 pm »

Typhy why did you neglect to mention getting owned with a single shot G3A3 while standing still with a PDW in the tunnels?

Smiley

Definetly a great CB however I believe there are changes needing to be made in the way CB's themselves are setup. I know its always controversial but something needs to be done about the camping, and I really think eliminating HBS would be a major thing.

As they are now CB's are intense but its too easy to set up HBS in a room and camp. Also perhaps map selection could be setup to elimate camping maps.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 07:33:09 pm »

I disagree, its the job of the clan to jam them. I'll give away the set we used that time, since we'll never use it again; it was a simple jammer set. No HB's involved. You'll find that we never used HB's in that CB, just jammers.

Now now Colin, lets keep that G3A3 thing our little secret? Ok? Wink

I do agree with the map thing. Thats why we chose the simple map of City Street Large as our map. When it came to Canals ( one of my worst maps ), I think that neither clan had much of a choice. We'd come out and fight to an injury, then go set up a 'camp' set.

Cossack showed that he has more honor than most of us. Wink He's the one who finally gave up his camp, to rush me and Monk; I thank him for that.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Agent Wallabie

Im a small kangaroo you idiot.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 07:46:51 pm »

Congrats AK for the win   Smiley

Wallie  

Giving my 2? 24/7.
.                ___
\?--?-?_/_._._\--?Huh?--\
||__?-?_---?__-]_???--?===
            ||'/     | |||

() ()
?  (??)
'=(  )=';=?
  // \\
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 08:11:36 pm »

Typhy,

I didn't mean to suggest you guys set up camp with HBS's as that was not the case. That said, saying you used no HBS is bs I destroyed a SA HBS myself.

I just don't think that HBS is adding anything to the game, especcialy to the BL.

Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 11:50:00 pm »

Colin, maybe that SA HBS was your own teams? Ever think of that?

Retired Mac RS Player.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 12:12:57 am »

I've always hated HBS stuff. I find it to be cheap. I never have and never will use it. I think it should be banned. If they are gonna ban 3rd person, then HBS is just as bad.

3rd person was put in the game. So don't use the excuse "But Myst, HBS was put in the game".

HBS takes no skill to use or operate. Without HBS camping will be alot harder. With it being harder, less people will.

And typh, I thought you never camp?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 01:29:11 am »

Colin, maybe that SA HBS was your own teams? Ever think of that?

It was in their base. Perhaps you are right though  Wink

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2002, 03:18:29 am »

wish I was around more to help my comrades. good  job to all, it sounds like it was a fun cb.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 03:33:45 am »

Must've been your own teams there, Colin; I know that my team was Jammers. My opinion of HB's, they're part of the game, and they add a lot to it, jammer sets, etc.

VooDoo, even without you, your team played great; you should be very proud of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads