*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:09:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  9-11 4 school
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 9-11 4 school  (Read 2035 times)
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« on: December 04, 2002, 03:39:16 pm »

ive got to write something for school bout september 11 last year.
pls tell me what you felt, did or saw on that day??
It will be anonymous if you want.
have a nice day
Greg

Take it EZ!
{E}LuSiVe

too late! viva taco bell...

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 04:00:14 am »

geez... ppl around here are still recieving psychiatric help cuz of that god-forsaken day... didnt really afect me that day, i watched it happen in complete slack jawed awe

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
"THREE DOLLARS! Cool, that gets me another scratch-off..."
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2002, 05:11:39 am »

Frustration and anger my friend. Doesnt matter where your from, what color, religion, etc...when you are attacked as a nation. Obviously those closer to the cowardly act are effected by it more, either through geographic location or loved ones, but the bottom line is our ideas, beliefs, practices, morals, were attacked. When you are attacked, you strike back. I still think that F---king country should have been the latest test site for our biggest baddest toy.

Dont get me started.....Im stoppin now

dave-s

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2002, 11:43:36 am »

WM: still wouldnt have stopped anything, I still cant understand how these fanatics believe what they are doing is following their religious beliefs, I work with devout muslim, nothing he has said or done is violent hes quite happy with his religion and happy for other people to belive in what the want.
Just shows you only need a few D**kheads to ruin it for everyone.

BTW did anyone get any email to join the order of the illuminati?
Another bunch of people with extremist ways, and its only the masons without the religious side.
SST_Piccolo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 10:48:20 am »

Warden, I'm trying not to be disrespectfull, but your message comes off with alot of ignorance. The fact that the Majority of the members in the Taliban,  are not even Afghani. Most hail from countries that we are suppose to be "Friendly" with the US; Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Yemen, Iran, etc. the fact is, Alqueda moved to Afghan for passage because like most other war torn country's, it does not have a strong government. Were you aware that they forced Afghani men to join their ranks? If they did not comply, they executed, or fined them for unseen amounts of money. Then there is the buissness of blowing up local schools so even more illiteracy spreads. Not to mention subjecting women to unspeakable violations of basic human rights.  

That said, please don't feel I am trying to sympothize with any terrorist. I believe the act is never justified. I do however, get upset when someone does not know half of the story, and thus blindly rushes into a conclution (IE - Bombing a entire country, killing many innocents). After something like that scenareo, it would really make us no better then them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2002, 10:52:42 am by SST_Piccolo » Logged
dave-s

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 11:59:34 am »

SST_Piccolo: didnt know about the forcing of men into their ranks.
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2002, 06:44:46 pm »

I didnt take it as disrespectfull Picc. The question was how I felt. I answered that question. If you feel most Afghani's didnt take part and those that did and do are forced, thats your opinion. Some may see that as ignorant. However, it may be true, I sure can see your point and do not doubt that those things acutally occur.
I do have limited knowledge. Maybe my sarcasim came across a little strong, as usual  Grin. The last statement about using our biggest baddest toy is a line from a song. I dont agree with anyone killing innocent people.
I dont feel your sympothizing with the terrorist. I do believe in an "eye for an eye", as many people do.

Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2002, 09:40:35 pm »

Well, the phrase "eye for an eye" was taken from the Bible originally, and I believe it. In every war, innocents die, but it's required. Basic human principles of right and wrong are universal. No matter where you live, if you see that your "leadership" is involved in things like the Taliban was, it's up to you to get the hell out and away from that, for the sake of your family and yourself. Plenty of people were running for Iran and Pakistan after the bombs started to fall, so why didn't they leave before that? I would have packed up and left.

I saw the WTC burning with my own eyes, I had been there dozens of times. I stood on the roof of a minivan full of Pakistani nationals on vacation in the US, who happened to stop and look from the side of the freeway the same way we did. They told me to climb up top so I could get a better view thru the binocs. We watched it while the women in the van were crying, one of the men said that "they're going to blame us". The whole time, a constant flow of emergency vehicles from every town in NJ and some from PA were rushing past us to the site, and rushing back the other way loaded down with bodies.
After dark, we sat in gridlock while the highway that runs past Giants stadium was closed: The stadium parking lot was converted into a triage center where bodies were lined up under tents. After about an hour,  about 2 dozen SWAT personell from 2 different counties went running through the traffic to secure a van which was supposedly full of explosives. The hospital closest to the site had almost no survivors, St.Vincent's in lower Manhattan, the hospital I was born in.
The whole experience was very surreal. Things you see everyday seem different. Things that seemed so important before, seem less so. I went back to ground zero about a month and a half later, it still eminated the most disgusting smell I have ever experienced. The air was still thick with ash and dust blowing around, everywhere you went you saw it on everything. Most streets were blocked off, but after circling the outlying blocks I found a street with a barricade that was closest and climbed up on top of it to take a few pictures. Several othres were also gathered there, perched on top of hatever would give tem a view. The last piece of the remaining structure was still there, on TV it looked smaller, but it was a full 8 stories high. Everything was leveled, and under the huge plie of rubble I couldn't help but wonder how many were buried in there.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2002, 12:09:09 am »

thanks alot peeps!!
I only saw it collapse live on CNN. Came home from sport and my mum told me bout it I just thought "oh" came back downstairs and saw it collapse. Felt SO empty!!

Anyway you where all a lot of help :-)

Take it EZ!
SST_Piccolo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2002, 02:20:05 am »

You all make some good points, and i to agree that after such an awfull event, it is only right to counter it respectfully. However, letting personal feelings cloud judgement on a matter of this importance, can cause serious damage to people who had nothing to do with it. That was my only real point. We dropped quite a few bombs in Afghan, and i felt it was just. For the most part, our (And the coalition) forces have met with open arms from the civilians in the country. Specifically the various SOF/SF teams, as they are much more well versed in honoring local traditions and preserving friendship with the people. No one likes an occupying force, which is what the Taliban were to the local populas in Afghanistan.

This goes back to another point Coco mentioned, about how Some locals left. Well, that is fine and all, but i doubt with the poor economy and living conditions in such a country, that much of the populas even have a way to get out. It is just IMHO that it is not fair to exspect a entire country to uproot and move because some assholes come from a seperate place, and try to take over. Another point i wanted to make, was that, how would you feel in the case that a imposing force (Taliban) moved to your home and forced you to join them? I doubt many here would take that. Thus, the Northern Alliance; Which were, and Are to this day, fighting against any imposing Terrorist threat to their home. If you don't know, these are the men who wear the funny round shaped hats (which is called a Pakol). Even our forces, and other SOF troops from around the world wear it in respect of them (Army SF - 'Green Berets', Delta, USAFSOC, 22nd SAS, German KSK, Australian SASR, etc).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads